Discussion of the New Moon Movie

Moderator: bac

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Bluemoonlvr
Settled in Forks

Re: Who would you like to play...

Post by Bluemoonlvr »

I dont think Dakota would be good for the part because she likes to scream alot in like all of her movies. I think Jodella Ferland would be the best for the part. But i wonder who would be Alec?
Jay to the Nee Image
nafereti
Has Caught Sight of Edward
Location: roll'n wit the turtles, run'n wit the wolves & Taylor's Left Pec

Post by nafereti »

I saw these movie stills on oceanup.com of the movie Push with Dakota. The first one of her looks good. I think she'll be an okay Jane!
http://www.oceanup.com/2009/01/dakota-f ... .html#more
Team Turtle//Skank Pack-Tay's L.Pec//Dork Squad-SuperSonicSamoan
TEAM TAYCOB WEBSITE: http://teamtaycob.webs.com/
littlelamb
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by littlelamb »

I personally think Dakota will be fine as Jane. First off, Jane is definitely a notable character but she's hardly in the story. She has her moments but seriously there are not many scenes for her that require a great deal of acting so I'm pretty sure Dakota can handle that. Second, you have to admit that she fits the physical description of Jane quite well. Third, since we got our wish, and Taylor was kept on as Jacob, we shouldn't be so picky. Beggars cannot be choosers! Look at how many people didn't want Rob to be Edward. That worked out didn't it? ;)
nafereti

Post by nafereti »

littlelamb wrote:I personally think Dakota will be fine as Jane. First off, Jane is definitely a notable character but she's hardly in the story. She has her moments but seriously there are not many scenes for her that require a great deal of acting so I'm pretty sure Dakota can handle that. Second, you have to admit that she fits the physical description of Jane quite well. Third, since we got our wish, and Taylor was kept on as Jacob, we shouldn't be so picky. Beggars cannot be choosers! Look at how many people didn't want Rob to be Edward. That worked out didn't it? ;)
I agree with you. Jane only pops in and out of the series. She shows up at the end of NM. The end of Eclipse, and the end of BD. She doesn't really talk that much. So I'm okay with having Dakota as Jane. She does fit it. And with the whole hair issue, they can just dye it. Look what they did to Nikki's hair. I'm just saying. If Chris thinks she's the prefect Jane and SM agrees, then we gotta give her a chance.
firebrand
Wandering Through Town

Post by firebrand »

To: All Dakota Fanning "haters" (using term loosely)
Re: Her playing Jane

Okay, so since the story broke a lot of you guys have stated your cases for why Dakota Falling shouldn't play Jane.... I saw someone mention that's she's just too well known.. someone else said she's not dark enough. I think there was one thing that no one mentioned.
The girl is scary talented. Watch "Hide and Seek" with Robert Deniro and then talk to me about her skills. And since when is someone's visibility a negative? Who says that the Twilight franchise has to be up-and-comers only? That's almost too ridiculous for words... I've seen Kristen Stewart in no less than 10 things personally, she's been in like 20. Robert Pattinson played a PIVOTAL role in one of the biggest movie franchises in HISTORY. I don't think that a case can be made against someone because they are famous. That's unfair and also a little dumb... she's famous because she's good. And dude, that girl freaks me sometimes. Also, Jane. She's not evil. Really. Re-read Eclipse and Breaking Dawn again. She's a vampire. She kills people for food.
Okay, and .....?
She's actually always talked about as beautiful and delicate and tiny... she belongs to the most powerful vampire entity on the planet. Don't you think that maybe some of her personality quirks come for the fact she has near absolute power in the sense that no one can ever come after her. I don't know about you guys but really, if I was rich, powerful and feared I'd be a hell of a lot more scary than I am now. And I'd deserve it, being feared. Okay, so there it is. My 2 cents....
xxlacantantexx
Settled in Forks

Post by xxlacantantexx »

switzgal wrote:
xxlacantantexx wrote:
switzgal wrote:
nafereti wrote:It looks like Peter Facinelli (Carlisle) is "team dakota". lol. http://www.popeater.com/movies/article/ ... oon/319269

Oh and I read this article off of newmoon.org. Actress America Young auditioned for the role of Emily Young. (America Young, Emily Young...it's a sign...LOL) I hope she gets it. I always pictured Sarah Weston as Emily, but I'm happy if America Young gets the role. She's half native too.
http://www.newmoonmovie.org/2009/01/ame ... -of-emily/
Yeah she looks better in that picture. She does look like what I think Emily should look. She can stand to be a bit more tanned!
Yeah i agree, i think she could work out as Emily.
Just can't wait to see who Leah will be and if Dakota does get the part (even though i'm still ify about) cause they'll need someone to be Alec.
Melissa R. (can't remember her last name) the screenwriter said she didn't write and lines for Leah so there will not be a Leah in New Moon. For Eclipse, yeah.

but Leah's apart of the story that CAN'T not write Leah, thats like not putting Emily in there. Especially since Leah comes up more towards the end of the series, idk what they're thinking they need to think again.

hmmph.
chichichobits
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by chichichobits »

DumBumm wrote:^^ couldn't agree more, and I.WANT.TO.BE.BELLA thats exactly what i have been trying to say, thanks.
I wouldn't say that Jane would be a role that Dakota would normally take, and i think if twilight wasn't big at all she probably wouldn't accepted.
I.WANT.TO.BE.BELLA is right, Dakota is too well known and it isn't good for the role of jane... there not going to see jane there going to see Dakota, but if they get an unknown actress, it wouldn't be like that.

Didn't someone say that summit said a statement that Dakota wasn't the only one who are in talks for the role, if thats true, i think we all know that Dakota is well over known if we only know that she may get the part, where are the rest of the girls who are going for the role? Its quite unfair.

Its going to be hard now because now that everybody knows that she might be getting the role, and she even said it in an interview, (see what i mean by publicity, shes got it on her side!) as where others may not.
I think they should atleast audition potentials for Jane. I'm not too crazy about Dakota Fanning playing Jane.
Official Robnapper Explosions Analyst ( Because Rob makes me go bang ! )
JenJen2112
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by JenJen2112 »

Leah didn't have a very big part of NM (just the party at Billy's) so I can understand why Leah's not in the movie. I don't think they are going to cut her character so we will just have to wait a little bit longer to find out who is going to play her since NM and Eclipse are filming back to back.
nafereti

Post by nafereti »

It looks like Lucy Hale tired auditioning for the role of Jane!
http://www.oceanup.com/2009/01/lucy-hal ... l#comments
But since Dakota is (basically) getting the role, she's looking for another one.
waiting tobe dazzled

Post by waiting tobe dazzled »

firebrand wrote: Okay, so since the story broke a lot of you guys have stated your cases for why Dakota Falling shouldn't play Jane.... I saw someone mention that's she's just too well known.. someone else said she's not dark enough. I think there was one thing that no one mentioned.
The girl is scary talented. Watch "Hide and Seek" with Robert Deniro and then talk to me about her skills. And since when is someone's visibility a negative? Who says that the Twilight franchise has to be up-and-comers only? That's almost too ridiculous for words... I've seen Kristen Stewart in no less than 10 things personally, she's been in like 20. Robert Pattinson played a PIVOTAL role in one of the biggest movie franchises in HISTORY. I don't think that a case can be made against someone because they are famous. That's unfair and also a little dumb... she's famous because she's good. And dude, that girl freaks me sometimes. Also, Jane. She's not evil. Really. Re-read Eclipse and Breaking Dawn again. She's a vampire. She kills people for food.
Okay, and .....?
She's actually always talked about as beautiful and delicate and tiny... she belongs to the most powerful vampire entity on the planet. Don't you think that maybe some of her personality quirks come for the fact she has near absolute power in the sense that no one can ever come after her. I don't know about you guys but really, if I was rich, powerful and feared I'd be a hell of a lot more scary than I am now. And I'd deserve it, being feared. Okay, so there it is. My 2 cents
I completely agree with this.
Judging an actor or actress because they are famous…that doesn’t even make any sense.
If you have ever seen anything that Dakota Fanning is in then you know how amazingly talented she is, it seems ridicules to me to want to withhold a role because someone is good at what they do and have earned recognition for it.
There is no doubt in my mind that if she gets the role, she will be the ultimate Jane. If the fact that she is an accomplished actress keeps people form seeing her as Jane and only as Dakota then I seriously doubt its from her acting ability.
I’m really glad that she is being considered for the role…finally, someone I based the character on in my head is being considered.

If they make a Breaking Dawn wouldn’t they have to include Leah? I could see how they could somehow write her out of Eclipse but Breaking Dawn seems impossible.
She is a big part of the story, especially when it concerns Jacob.
Although, in the Harry Potter movies they somehow manage to write out major characters from the books while making the movies…(an act I’m not a fan of either).

Any word on the rest of the Volturi? I heard Lucas Grabeel was considered for Alec but what about the others??
I’m really curious about Demetri and Felix.
Field Supervisor of EDC, Inc.
Team Edward-Knight in Shining Volvo
Team Rosalie-Every Rose has it's thorn
Cotton Candy Revolutionists~Jell-O Wars of 09’