What music would you like in the soundtrack?

Discussion of the New Moon Movie

Moderator: bac

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Bastet
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Re: What music would you like in the soundtrack?

Post by Bastet »

interesting playlist :) i think that romeo and juliet theme would be great for running to volterra to save edward instead muse time is running out... i love time is running out but somehow i think it would kind of cheesy to have it play in the movie when she's going to save edward, it's somehow to litteral... and i think sia breathe me should definitely be in the movie :)
join the dark side, we have cookies :)

Soul&Romance
Wandering Through Town

Post by Soul&Romance »

I think a few of the scenes are really suited for some gothic-type music (not gothic rock, but gothic). No words, just intensely emotional, ethereal and strong. I think it would be especially appropriate right before Bella's cliff diving and also in the tunnel in Volterra

You held out your hand, and I took it without stopping to make sense of what I was doing.
For the first time in almost a century, I felt hope.
megandheartsplease

Post by megandheartsplease »

Demi Levato want to make music for New Moon! No, no, no, no -- one hundred times no! Why is it that every disney actress with a synthesizer automatically thinks she can sing!? As a personal music artist I'm disgusted with their fabricated billboard hits. If I hear one more song by Selina Gomez or Miley Cyrus I may ask someone to rip my ear off? And now they want to ruin the Twilight series with their whiney "I'm thirteen and I'm so in love" songs? NO! Let's keep the soundtrack indie rock shall we? Thank you.

http://justjaredjr.buzznet.com/2009/02/ ... oon-music/

megandheartsplease

Post by megandheartsplease »

bodysnatcher wrote: Yes! Let's :)

Okay, so I'll give many the benefit of the doubt: Good Music is in the ear of the beholder. However, although music may sound good to you, it doesn't always fit into cinema well. Sometimes they can play a song like "Us" by Regina Spektor in a scene of a movie without thinking of the lyrics because the music fits the mood of the scene. There are some movies/tv shows that find songs that really fit perfectly (lyrically and instrumentally). For example, In Grey's Anatomy, the episode when Denny dies and Issy is trying to find a heart for him, they play "On The Radio" which could be interpreted as a song about life and death by various allusions. However, when you hear the song the first time you get the superficial meaning. Anway, my point is hat I hope Chris Weitz finds songs that need to be interpreted. You know? Nothing that's bluntly obvious. Give the movie soundtrack some depth and credibility.

Like I said, Iron & Wine is nice. And I was also surprised that MuteMath was in the soundtrack. And I was ecstatic when I heard Radiohead at the end of the movie :D

Haha. I have no idea if this was directed at me or not but I'll comment anyways. I totally agree with you on that. Everything to me isn't truly about the lyrics. For instance I'm pretty sure I'll scream if one one more person suggests Taylor Swift because they believe her lyrics fit oh so well. I could argue that music from Rent could fit into Twilight because of its lyrics but I'm not going to suggest it. Why? Because it's from a flippin' musical, that's why. Muse's Supermassive Black Hole's lyrics didn't really fit the movie, however the director felt the beat was perfect for the baseball scene.
bodysnatcher
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by bodysnatcher »

megandheartsplease wrote:
bodysnatcher wrote: Yes! Let's :)

Okay, so I'll give many the benefit of the doubt: Good Music is in the ear of the beholder. However, although music may sound good to you, it doesn't always fit into cinema well. Sometimes they can play a song like "Us" by Regina Spektor in a scene of a movie without thinking of the lyrics because the music fits the mood of the scene. There are some movies/tv shows that find songs that really fit perfectly (lyrically and instrumentally). For example, In Grey's Anatomy, the episode when Denny dies and Issy is trying to find a heart for him, they play "On The Radio" which could be interpreted as a song about life and death by various allusions. However, when you hear the song the first time you get the superficial meaning. Anway, my point is hat I hope Chris Weitz finds songs that need to be interpreted. You know? Nothing that's bluntly obvious. Give the movie soundtrack some depth and credibility.

Like I said, Iron & Wine is nice. And I was also surprised that MuteMath was in the soundtrack. And I was ecstatic when I heard Radiohead at the end of the movie :D

Haha. I have no idea if this was directed at me or not but I'll comment anyways. I totally agree with you on that. Everything to me isn't truly about the lyrics. For instance I'm pretty sure I'll scream if one one more person suggests Taylor Swift because they believe her lyrics fit oh so well. I could argue that music from Rent could fit into Twilight because of its lyrics but I'm not going to suggest it. Why? Because it's from a flippin' musical, that's why. Muse's Supermassive Black Hole's lyrics didn't really fit the movie, however the director felt the beat was perfect for the baseball scene.

LMFAO! "Light My Candle" for Jacob ;)

Let's see.... my ideal soundtrack would sound something like this (just the music style):
Arcade Fire - Neighborhood #1
Phoenix - Lisztomania
Ra Ra Riot - Dying is Fine
Skinny Love - Bon Iver
See Me River - Ed Jackson
Going to a Town - Rufus Wainwright
See These Bones - Nada Surf
Collide - Elks
Invisible - Modest Mouse
Steel on Steel - J Tillman
Bird on a Wire - Rogue Wave
High and Dry - Radiohead
etc.

And for the hell of it: KINGS OF LEON for the theatrical trailer ;]
"and the boy loved the tree"
bellaandedwardx3
Settled in Forks

Post by bellaandedwardx3 »

There should definitely be a Thrice song in the movie!
Hmm, I'm not sure which one would fit or where but I
think Thrice is the most amazing band ever! I can see
their song 'Burn The Fleet' in the Eclipse movie though.
If anyone has any suggestions for a Thrice song in New
Moon let me know. I'd love to see what other Thrice fans
are thinking about that.
:P
love,
bellaandedwardx3 [angela <3]

sarah!
Digging the Castle Motif
Location: Tieing Derek in thunderball, having poke wars with Logan, and woiloping with sam!

Post by sarah! »

megandheartsplease wrote:Demi Levato want to make music for New Moon! No, no, no, no -- one hundred times no! Why is it that every disney actress with a synthesizer automatically thinks she can sing!? As a personal music artist I'm disgusted with their fabricated billboard hits. If I hear one more song by Selina Gomez or Miley Cyrus I may ask someone to rip my ear off? And now they want to ruin the Twilight series with their whiney "I'm thirteen and I'm so in love" songs? NO! Let's keep the soundtrack indie rock shall we? Thank you.

http://justjaredjr.buzznet.com/2009/02/ ... oon-music/

Not Demi Lovato!!!!
That would like ruin the movie. :evil:
ImageImage
BLF-Logan, Twinny-Chels, Jell-o! My Twi-guys-Derek and Logs, Lemur 4 LIFE!
xblgirl
Learning to Love Green

Post by xblgirl »

IDEA!!!
Scared-Three Days Grace
At night I hear it creeping
At night I feel it move
I�ll never sleep here anymore

I wish you never told me
I wish I never knew
I wake up screaming
It�s all because of you

So real these voices in my head
When it comes back you won�t be
Scared and lonely
You won�t be scared, you won�t be
You won�t be scared and lonely
You won�t be scared you won�t be lonely

I know there�s something out there
I think I hear it move
I�ve never felt like this before
I wish you never told me
I wish I never knew
I wake up screaming
It�s all because of you

When it comes back you won�t be
Scared and lonely

Its all because of you
I wish you never told me
I wake up screaming now
I wake up screaming now
I wish you never told me
I wish I never knew

Scared and lonely

Scared and lonely
I'm an obsessed fan and not afraid to hide it :)
bodysnatcher
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by bodysnatcher »

*sigh* at least no one is reccomending All Time Low or 3OH!3
"and the boy loved the tree"
Rosmelie
Wandering Through Town

Post by Rosmelie »

I honestly still have a thought in mind to really want either Angels or Somewhere by Within Temptation on the soundtrack. Angels is kind of perfect in that it's imperfect, and Somewhere is kind of the struggle of Bella wishing Edward were still with her and that she'll find him again no matter what. Just the chorus: "I'll find you somewhere, I'll keep on trying, until my dying day. I just need to know, whatever has happened, the truth will free my soul."
It's so incredibly touching.
Rosalie Hale's #1 Fan. Don't doubt it.