What music would you like in the soundtrack?

Discussion of the New Moon Movie

Moderator: bac

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
AnnieC09
Wandering Through Town

Re: What music would you like in the soundtrack?

Post by AnnieC09 »

Please consider the beautiful Imogen Heap:

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=2TYYjik3Y_k
firebrand
Wandering Through Town

Post by firebrand »

i'm confused by all these comments about songs that "don't fit" with New Moon. Here are a few thoughtes regarding a song "appropriate-ness"

Ever hear of a radio people? Some of these less than rocker songs could be on the radio and bella/edward/jacob could be scanning stations, come upon this song and then stop scanning to listen to it.

Anyone who's suffered with a heart wrenching breakup knows that there are songs you listen to ONLY once the hearts been broken... and they are sad and sappy and totally out of character. but so what? you still listen to them. Same goes for people who are flush and heady with new love... it's intoxicating to dream a perfect dream and imagine your lives together. A lot of songs could work when you look at them in this context.

The kids of Forks can't be all alterna euro dance kids. I mean, it just isn't possible. Especially in a town like Forks. Small towns often mean a little bit country and a little bit rock.... I think you can make almost any song work.

Edward is a musician. He appreciates vocal and musical talent. Some of the previously recommended songs may have "redeeming qualities" to him.
AnnieC09
Wandering Through Town

Post by AnnieC09 »

firebrand wrote:i'm confused by all these comments about songs that "don't fit" with New Moon. Here are a few thoughtes regarding a song "appropriate-ness"

Ever hear of a radio people? Some of these less than rocker songs could be on the radio and bella/edward/jacob could be scanning stations, come upon this song and then stop scanning to listen to it.

Anyone who's suffered with a heart wrenching breakup knows that there are songs you listen to ONLY once the hearts been broken... and they are sad and sappy and totally out of character. but so what? you still listen to them. Same goes for people who are flush and heady with new love... it's intoxicating to dream a perfect dream and imagine your lives together. A lot of songs could work when you look at them in this context.

The kids of Forks can't be all alterna euro dance kids. I mean, it just isn't possible. Especially in a town like Forks. Small towns often mean a little bit country and a little bit rock.... I think you can make almost any song work.

Edward is a musician. He appreciates vocal and musical talent. Some of the previously recommended songs may have "redeeming qualities" to him.
I assume as I'm the last post you are referring to me.

I apologise for my Eurotrash taste, however I am unfamiliar with much country music and don't have time to peruse this thread. Please feel free to PM me with any Country suggestions you have. Apoligies if I have insulted you at all.

(Psst Please consider Razorlight - Wire to Wire)

Annie
when_the_sun_shines
Wandering Through Town
Location: Helping Emmett shop for new lift kits for the Jeep!

Post by when_the_sun_shines »

Personally, I would have to say definatly:
"Kristy are you doing okay?" by The Offspring
"I wish you were here" by Incubus
"Breakdown" by the Toques
"Tick Tick Boom" by Hives
and finally:
"His Girl Friday" by Acedomy Is...

I know, I'm slightly weird. You can find them all on youtube except fot "Breakdown" which is too bad, cuz it is really good...

Bex
[»] Bex [«]

To Write LOVE On Her Arms
Alexis
Settled in Forks

Post by Alexis »

Holiday-Boys Like Girls
lilmisstrouble
Jump Starting Bella's Truck
Location: Isle of Esme. Between feathers and broken headboards.

Post by lilmisstrouble »

lauren00 wrote:okk, the song "leave out all the rest" on the twilight soundtrack would have been perfect for new moon too.
Listen to the words, then you will agree:)
Oh, I know. It's almost a shame they used it for Twilight (and for the end credits...) and not waited till New Moon. It would've been perfect. Trust me, I'm not that huge of a Linkin Park fan, but when I heard that song (and not even knowing it was on Twlight) the first time, I was like OMG - NEW MOON!

I guess we can anticipate though, that for the climatic scenes they will use score music instead of a song (unless it's something so unbelievably appropriate and incredible like Rob Pattinson's 'Let me Sign'), to stress the scene and not make the movie seem like a very long music video. However, there are one gazillion songs that can be squeezed in the background and would totally rock our worlds if they had it.

With that in mind, for New Moon, I really hope they find a place for Dashboard Confessional (Chris Carrabba even wrote the song 'These Bones' inspired by the book series). "This Ruined Puzzle"* is one of their oldies but oh so fitting... :)
I was reminded of this song in the part of the book where Edward tells Bella he didn't throw away her pictures, cd, plane tickets etc. They were just hiding under her floor boards so maybe she could find them one day. The same way his love was never truly gone or thrown away. It was hiding, so maybe if she looked hard enough, she would find it.

I wouldn't mind seeing Smashing Pumpkins' "Thirty Three" - http://www.songmeanings.net/songs/view/93846/ as well. It would fit at the very end of the movie or right about when Edward and Bella come back from Italy and she realizes he came back for good. Heck, it would even sound awesome during the end credits...
Some of you may not know this song, but it's one of the most beautiful Smashing Pumpkins ever made and Billy Corgan is truly, one of the greatest songwriters of our time.

I keep telling myself I will post a New Moon playlist here of my own and somehow procrastination gets the best of me... :roll:

I gotta read that book again so I get inspired again. But there's definitely a lot of Muse involved. I never particularly cared much for them (except for the uber sexy Suppermassive Black Hole that I was so happy to see they used for the baseball scene) until I started reading this series. I can totally see how Stephenie Meyer felt the inspiration from their sound.

This Ruined Puzzle lyrics:

This ruined puzzle is beige with the pieces all face down
so the placing goes slowly.
The pictures of anything other than it's meant to be
But the hours they creep
the patterns repeat
Don't be concerned you know I'll be fine on my own
I never said don't go

But I've hidden a note
it’s pressed between pages
that you've marked to find your way back
It says Does he ever get the girl?
But what if the pages stay pressed
the chapters unfinished
the stories too dull to unfold
Does he ever get the girl?

This basement's a coffin
I'm buried alive
I'll die in here just to be safe
I'll die in here just to be safe
'Cause you're gone
I get nothing
and you're off with barely a sigh
I never said Good-bye

But I’ve hidden a note
that you've marked to find your way back
It says Does he ever get the girl?
But I’ve hidden a note
that you’ll read if you're so inclined
does he ever get the girl?

But the hours they creep
the patterns repeat
don’t be concerned, you know I'll be fine on my own.
I never said don't go
Does he ever get the girl?

Wow, this was a long post.
"Does my being half-naked bother you?"
Yes, please take the other half off. xoxo

http://www.whatwouldedwardcullendo.blogspot.com
xblgirl
Learning to Love Green

Post by xblgirl »

Something from Blindside, Circa Survive, The Fray, Motion City Soundtrack, The Killers, Franz Ferdinand, Coldplay, Copeland, Crossfade, etc. My favourite songs are
Blindside:Coming Back to Life,
Circa Survive:In the Morning and Amazing,
The Fray:Look After Yo(:D)
Motion City Soundtrack:Everything is Alright,
The Killers:Bones,
Franz Ferdinand:Do You Want to,
Coldplay:The Scientist.
Copeland:Coffee,
Crossfade:Cold and Disco
^^^hhaha
:)
I'm an obsessed fan and not afraid to hide it :)
shortstuff
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by shortstuff »

firebrand wrote:
shortstuff wrote:speaking of The Lost Boys.. anyone know if that's a good movie? i won it in some raffle, and its sitting on my shelf, but im not a big vampire movie fan (twilight being the only exception of course!) and im wondering if its worth while...

totally off topic i know... so how bout i suggest paramore - my heart. amazing song.
Hell yeah, Lost Boys is awesome... you mean the original, not the new one "Lost Boys: The Tribe" right? Keep in mind it was done in the 80's when the Corey's were at thir peak. The clothes are questionable (what wasn't in the 80's) but the music was all right. Also, a young Keifer Sutherland? He's kinda yummy. My BF also maintains that one of the best songs ever came from Lost Boys... I can't remember what it's called.
**Added At 12:55 PST- The song is called "Cry Little Sister" by Gerard McMann***
hmm.. *goes to check* .. ohh, it is Lost Boys: the tribe... so i guess everything you wrote doesnt really apply, lol! but maybe i'll check out the original.
Vala
Settled in Forks

Post by Vala »

I'd like to hear Unintended by Muse..
Since I read the saga, everytime I hear that song I can perfectly see Bella runing to stop Edward in Volterra (Slow motion).
firebrand
Wandering Through Town

Post by firebrand »

AnnieC09-
Heavens. I'm sorry that I made you feel like I was attacking you because that was never my intent.

Firstly- I personally love dance music be it brit techno, euro dance or american house. I never used the word "trash" or the ilk. My argument was simply that much of the Twilight soundtrack was slightly more on the dance end of the musical spectrum and I didn't think New Moon needed to be the same.

Secondly- My argument about Forks and the country/rock comment is that no one has the same taste in music which makes it hard to believe that Forks is eniterly a dance music town. Small towns and cities generally have a larger permetaion of various sounds versus a large metropolitan area which generally tak4es on the flavor of the neighborhoods.... I think a town with 3000 people would have some country aspects, some grunge overtones.... While ist makes sense to have some Muse (homage to SM) I do not believe that if you were in the area you'd hear a lot of that kinda music. You know I'm right.. Small-town Washington makes me thingk Dillon Texas (FNL) but green... not exactly PWT but simple folk...

I've read a lot of this sight and honestly, I don't even recognize most of the bands that are listed here. Some I'm in love with (Linkin Park) and some I like (Paramore) but some I just have no idea. That was all I was saying... that maybe we could actually accept the truths of the story... not everyone is like each other. Maybe it needs to be diversified a bit more..
Last edited by firebrand on Sun Feb 01, 2009 1:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.