Discussion of the New Moon Movie

Moderator: bac

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
TopazLove
Learning to Love Green

Re: Chris Weitz --New Moon movie director

Post by TopazLove »

I don't know if this has been said, but MAN if New Moon could get the makeup people from Benjamin Button!!! I swear Cate Blanchett looked EXACTLY like I imagined a vampire to look for part of that movie (pale as heck, porcelain and BEAUTIFUL!). Not to mention they made Brad Pittt look believably younger than he really is.
JenJen2112
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by JenJen2112 »

Cate Blanchett is naturally pale so I think that helps...but yes I agree! different make-up/artists for NM so they don't look like their faces are plastered with make-up...please make the paleness believable!
MidnightStar
Settled in Forks

Post by MidnightStar »

I love that someone mentioned the Harry Potter series, and how the feel of the series was off when the HP directors changed from film to film. I'm also an HP fan, and the change of directors screwed up the flow of the story from year to year.

Plus, I read and enjoyed "His Dark Materials" and I walked out of the "Golden Compass" extremely dissapointed! But I did read somewhere on here that the studio was the culprit for screwing up that film since they were worried about negative reactions from the religious right.

I just sincerely hope that Summit is planning on CW directing all three so they flow as a series. BUT CW had better look out if he butchers Twilight. I think we fans might snap if twice in a row we are handed sub-par garbage which butchers the series and our beloved characters.

Apparently he backed out the Golden Compass sequel because he was worried about pressure from fans. He has no idea what he's walked into with Twilight fans!!! :lol:
Like the morning sun your eyes will follow me
As you watch me wander, curse the powers that be
shavei7
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by shavei7 »

^^^ LOL. They don't call us fans "rabid" for nothing.

I seem to have more faith on CW now compared to when I first found out he's going to direct. Maybe because somebody cleared up the TGC issue --- which was my very main concern. Now, if he casts you-know-who as Jacob and it ruins NM.... then it's a different story. Let's just say hell hath no fury like a rabid fan who was
f*****g screwed.
Thnx for the awesome banner NIKKI/stellar87!
Team ROBWARD. But I get dibs on Taylor's abs!
slut.. skank.. slut.. skank.. turtle..
JessicaIsIntoxicated
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by JessicaIsIntoxicated »

TGC issue?
TEAM EDWARD: Knight in Shining Volvo
shavei7
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by shavei7 »

The Golden Compass issue.

... how Chris directed and WROTE the screenplay for it, which was so far off the book. Knowing this, plus the fact that MR didn't really do a good job with the Twilight script, made me (and apparently a lot of other fans too) apprehensive about NM.

But then somebody here cleared this up....that it was New Line's execs during Post Production who screwed up the sequence in the movie, and that CW actually fought for the movie with it's original scene sequence to be released.
Thnx for the awesome banner NIKKI/stellar87!
Team ROBWARD. But I get dibs on Taylor's abs!
slut.. skank.. slut.. skank.. turtle..
JessicaIsIntoxicated

Post by JessicaIsIntoxicated »

Oooh, I see. Thanks for filling me in! :oops:
TEAM EDWARD: Knight in Shining Volvo
shortstuff
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by shortstuff »

navarre wrote:I still say that Hardwicke did NOT help either!!! Those close ups were giving me a headache. I certainly did not care to see if the actors had 'bats in their caves' (boogers). It certainly showed how bad the make-up was.
Poor Peter(Carlisle) he looked like a mortician got a hold of him and dunked him in mortician's make-up. Whew!

I hope CW get a better make-up team, too.
hahaha i thought the EXACT same thing when carlisle first walked in the hospital.. he was SO WHITE, i laughed out loud! peter was amazing, but the make up was a little much... (somone told me tho that it makes sense because the older the vampire, the paler he is..? i dont know if that's true..)

about CW and new moon.. i cant say much really till i've seen it, but i'm feeling optimistic. it was nice to read his letter to the fans and i hope he sticks to his word.i havent seen golden compass but i feel better hearing that his original script was closer to the book, and that the movie's failure was mainly the studio's fault. i have seen about a boy and i ABSOLUTELY LOVE THAT MOVIE! i think weitz wrote the screenpaly for that and i wish he was writing new moon.. rosenberg is the one i'm really worried about having seen what she did to twilight... ugh.
JodeenSings
Helping Mike to Get a Clue
Location: By my Spaceheater fighting off DISNEY PEOPLE with a spork!

Post by JodeenSings »

If you want to thank Mr. Weitz for keeping Taylor in the role of Jacob Black - why don't you send an e-mail to Summit?
[email protected]
I did.
TEAM TAYCOB FOREVER!
~~~Image~~~
team turtle - that's how we roll
^Is that dorky enough for you Taylor?^
* My Dork Prowess - Spork Fencing! *
natterss707

Post by natterss707 »

I think Chris Weitz will do great things with NM. I just have a feeling, especially after he decided to keep Taylor as Jacob. I think he values the opinions of all of the fans and wants to please us. I'm looking forward to seeing what he will bring to the movie!!!
made by Ostentatious6277 @ Vesperarium
Credit fallingbeauty@Vesperarium for avatar.