Moderator: bac

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
nafereti
Has Caught Sight of Edward
Location: roll'n wit the turtles, run'n wit the wolves & Taylor's Left Pec

Re: New Moon Movie ~ Take 3

Post by nafereti »

debussygirl wrote:Why does it feel like nothing's really going on with NM right now? Or maybe I'm just too impatient. Hopefully their working on the cast right now, since I heard that the script is done.
haha...im with you on that one!! im just waiting for eclipse already...LOL
since i heard that twilight was going to be made into a movie, i was already looking forward to eclipse!!

NM needs to hurry up. im so ready for the trailers :D
i wonder how the werewolves are going to look like.
ive always pictured them like the ones on SKINWALKERS!
Team Turtle//Skank Pack-Tay's L.Pec//Dork Squad-SuperSonicSamoan
TEAM TAYCOB WEBSITE: http://teamtaycob.webs.com/
nafereti
Has Caught Sight of Edward
Location: roll'n wit the turtles, run'n wit the wolves & Taylor's Left Pec

Post by nafereti »

OMG Ashley Greene (Alice) & Kellen Lutz (Emmett) play lovers in Warriors...that's strange!!

http://moviesblog.mtv.com/2008/12/19/tw ... n-warrior/
Team Turtle//Skank Pack-Tay's L.Pec//Dork Squad-SuperSonicSamoan
TEAM TAYCOB WEBSITE: http://teamtaycob.webs.com/
bella_love3
Learning to Love Green

Post by bella_love3 »

Well I am totally psyched for New Moon. I loved Twilight but there was a great deal to be improved, and i mean GREAT! I really hope Taylor Launter will be in it because he is so good looking and he will be able to chop off his ugly wig hair! I'm kind of concerned about the way the werewolves will look because as a child my two biggest fears were werewolves and vampires. The vampires are beautiful so that doesn't really scare me but if the wolves don't look like plain wolves I think I might cry (I'm really really hoping its not the Harry Potter werewolf! Lupin scared me to death!).

My biggest fear for the movie is how hard it is to show internal emotion in a character and for more then half the movie it is Bella's internal fight between her love of jacob and edward. How can this struggle be transformed into mere movie lines? Ahh I await the arrivial because it is one of my favorite books. I'm not even on Team Jacob and it is still my favorite book (But to defend my position on Team Edward, Jacob is just too good for Bella. He really needs someone who hasn't already given her heart away.) There is a big expectation to live up to but with a new director and experience from Twilight I'm sure they can do a much better job.
debussygirl
Joining the Hunt for Enemies

Post by debussygirl »

Ewww, have you guys read this??? Michael Copon's soooo annoying!!!
http://www.j-14.com/2008/12/j-14-exclus ... chael.html
Team Edward&Esme~SBS Assistant 2 the Cobosses~APPC
St Cullens Head of Neurology~Tetrarch
Need something to read? Try http://www.jennacooper.com
StephieTelli
Wandering Through Town

Post by StephieTelli »

Whoaaaaa...just read the J-14 interview.....did he really say "If anything I should bulk down???" What a pompous a-hole..we dont need him...if u have to replace Taylor then watever but at least hire a cast member who isnt as snotty as this guy is coming off
I want to be your stupid lamb!
JodeenSings
Helping Mike to Get a Clue
Location: By my Spaceheater fighting off DISNEY PEOPLE with a spork!

Post by JodeenSings »

anilumagloire wrote: You got it exactly right about Rob's eyes. What the hell was that??? Tell me that's not bad direction... I sometimes think him reading Midnight Sun wasn't such a great idea. I feel that in the movie he acted out the things he only felt inside and that was plain wrong.
He was never as rude as to leave Bella standing there and just walk away from her without even a "bye" (like he did after the bio lab), he was smooth and charming and always respectful of her.
The way he speaks to her when they're at the greenhouse was very rude. He would have never done that.

Now the make up... Carlisle's face is that of a mime!!!! What were they thinking? Didn't they watch dailies??? The makeup even extended over his upper lip and was ridiculously white and heavy. BAAAD!!!!

Rob's lips were as red as can be. They definitely needed to take it down a notch.

The contacts... Oh the contacts :shock: If they were gonna make all those extreme close ups, the least they could have done was digitally erase those extremely visible lines around the lenses. Come on people!!! Even I could have done that with Photoshop.

Rosalie's hair. Horrid!!! They definitely should have cast a natural blonde, but since Catherine felt the need to give her pal a part (regardless of her being right for it or not, obviously), they could have gotten a better colorist. Her hair looks ashy and dry and her roots were awful.

I also hated Alice's wig. It looks too much like a wig, just like poor Jacob's hair.

Editing... It was so choppy. There was no transition between scenes. I never felt the progression of their relationship (and that's poor writing too).

Whew! Are you still reading???
LOL!
Yeah, I read it all without getting distracted by any shiny objects and I read all of your husband's blog. OMJB, that was funny!
I wonder if there were other takes without Rob's crazy "Meth Eyes"? Maybe we will see some in the bonus footage on the DVD. Playing Edward must be complicated, to the audience who didn't read the books could they sense his internal torment? Or would it have caused more tension in the story- like the audience might believe Edward or one of the Cullens was behind the attacks? Didn't your hubby suggest that in the blog? Since I don't write screenplays for a living, I don't know how else that would be shown, maybe rude was the way to go. With a different director for New Moon undoubtably the performance from Rob will change. Trying to stay on thread topic, you know . . .
Rob and Kristin had the same shade of lipstick didn't they, I guess the budget was tight.
I noticed the contact lines the first time I saw the film, too. They should have seen that post production. Another item for the New Moon checklist!
Agreed, Nikki is a stunner with her dark hair, but doesn't pull off blonde as well - or maybe would have with the right skin tone.
Okay, so maybe I'm such a Carlise/Peter fan that I saw past the mime make-up. I first noticed his swagger and his eyes. I actually gasped out loud at the midnight showing. And I totally don't go for blonde guys.
Ashley's wig, well I think she talked about that somewhere. They had to find the right lenth of hair for her face, so I think they may have blown the wig budget on trying to get her wig to work and poor Taylor ended up with whatever that was. Calling it a wig would be a complement. Still not as bad as Daryl Hannah's wig in a Walk to Remember (one of my favorite movies, when you watch it with the director and actors' commentary its more of a comedy than a tragic romance.) Anywho, Taylor will be hotter in New Moon when he cuts his hair - just trying to stay positive and on topic.
As a fan of "A Charlie Brown Christmas, " I know this seems like a stretch - it was touted as a failure due to its choppy editing. Now it is a classic. I guess my short attention span and the fact that I knew the story line didn't affect me so much. And I'm sure that New Moon will flow better, it reads more like a screen play than Twilight did - to me at least. I've only read the books twice. New Moon has more action and interaction between characters, Twilight was so in Bella's head. Which I didn't mind- again short attention span, so the repetition of how "angelic" "godlike" "enter your own hyperboly here" Edward was didn't get to me like it did to others.
I will probably go see it again in the theater - $0.50 bring your own popcorn bucket day, I'm a sucker for that and matinee prices.
TEAM TAYCOB!
Last edited by JodeenSings on Fri Dec 19, 2008 9:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
~~~Image~~~
team turtle - that's how we roll
^Is that dorky enough for you Taylor?^
* My Dork Prowess - Spork Fencing! *
shavei7
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by shavei7 »

debussygirl wrote:Ewww, have you guys read this??? Michael Copon's soooo annoying!!!
http://www.j-14.com/2008/12/j-14-exclus ... chael.html
J-14: Taylor's been bulking up to try to get the role. Have you been preparing in any way?
Michael: If anything, I feel like I need to bulk down. Right now I'm close to 200 pounds of muscle. Taylor's probably what, 140, if he's lucky? I'm already 200 pounds, so there's no need for me to get any bigger. Plus he's 5'6" and I'm 6'2". In the book, he grows eight inches and I'm exactly eight inches taller than Taylor. Huge difference.

whoaaa...slow down Copon. geeezez. I'm speechless. I think I already said enough about what my opion is of Copon on my previous posts. But seriously....really? He said this??? :roll:

I completely agree with whoever's in charge of cullenboysanonymous.com and wrote the "The War for Jacob Black: Taylor Lautner vs. Michael Copon"...

http://cullenboysanonymous.blogspot.com ... ner-v.html

excerpt from cullenanonymouse.com

"As far as Michael Copon is concerned the recent articles that have been released are disturbing to me, and make me truly dislike the guy. Last week there was news in the Twilight fandom that Copon was posting his status on Face Book as being Jacob Black and other statements along those lines. Yet today he says to PopStar.com that the talk about him playing Jacob is nothing but rumors. Which is it Michael Copon, are you up for the part or not? It looks to me like someone is opening their mouth when he should have been quiet. Not to mention that Michael said in the same interview that he just started reading Twilight. News for you Copon you are trying to get a role in NEW MOON and you got over 2000 more pages to go in the whole Twilight series. My advise to you, stop playing with your Face Book and get to reading!!"

:lol:
Thnx for the awesome banner NIKKI/stellar87!
Team ROBWARD. But I get dibs on Taylor's abs!
slut.. skank.. slut.. skank.. turtle..
sarina1113
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by sarina1113 »

Notice how Michael is talking all this smack and Taylor has not said one word about Michael? And Michael is 26 and Taylor is 16?

Michael is a true d-bag. The end.
J<3N
Q: Who's your favorite vampire? Edward Cullen or Bill Compton?
A: Well, Bill has quite the...uh... I'll just say Bill is my favorite for undisclosed reasons...

switzgal
Acquiring a Taste for Mountain Lion

Post by switzgal »

GOD HE SOUNDS LIKE AN A-HOLE!!
Anyway, Taylor is much more mature than that 26 yr old douche.

I hope Weitz realizes this.
StephieTelli
Wandering Through Town

Post by StephieTelli »

yeah that J-14 really turned me off..and the person above is right..notice how taylor hasnt said anything meanwhile Michael keeps jinxing himself
I want to be your stupid lamb!