Discussion of the New Moon Movie

Moderator: bac

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
MoonBeam09
Settled in Forks

Re: New Moon Movie ~ Take 3

Post by MoonBeam09 »

I heard a rumor that there is pressure to put Edward in more scenes... anyone know if this is true? I figured when she "hears his voice" they'll probably do something visual, too...

I cannot WAIT to see how they do all the stuff in Italy!

Is it true that they are trying to get Kristen Chenowith for Jane? Weird...
JenJen2112
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by JenJen2112 »

right now Rob is Summits golden boy so I wouldn't be surprised if he is written into the middle...and Kristen Chenowith (SP?) for Jane...I sure hope not...I know we are all wondering about age but I definitely don't think Jane is that old...
twilight1909
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by twilight1909 »

MoonBeam09 wrote:I heard a rumor that there is pressure to put Edward in more scenes... anyone know if this is true? I figured when she "hears his voice" they'll probably do something visual
A lot of this thread has been about that. We're not sure what they're going to do, but there's definitely talk about adding more Edward. Such as what he's up to while he's away. The consensus is that it will ruin the ending.
And so the lion fell in love with the lamb… What a lucky lamb.
TEAM EDWARD: Knight in Shining Volvo
MoonBeam09
Settled in Forks

Post by MoonBeam09 »

totally agree! as much as i LOVE him... it wont be as powerful if we KNOW what he's doing... it's too powerful!
Allison
Wandering Through Town

Post by Allison »

I just wanted to remind everyone (myself included) how lucky we are to have our favorite books being made into movies. We spend a lot of time discussing things we didn't like, things we wanted to be different, and blaming people like Summit, CH, actors and actresses, ect. for many of those things.

But seriously people, in the midst of all our griping (my current gripe is over Rob's appearances in NM--I'm worried they'll put him in too much since he's box-office gold now) we kind of forget the bigger picture. The books ARE being made into movies, AND the author is actually a part of that creative process. That last is a rare thing indeed.

Think about all the books you love that you wish could be movies and never will be. We are all blessed that we have an almost perfect cast for our dreamy characters (I know not everyone is happy, but in general...), and we're given the chance to see a version of that vision on the big screen.

That makes me really happy =)
ImageImageImageNM p.201
sachael
Cliff Diving with Embry
Location: Somewhere in Vegas having and argument with Riley Reynolds.

Post by sachael »

^^ you have a point there. BUT it will be pointless if the book we loved will turn into something VERY FAR from what we have read on every page. i know that not all of them can be turned into film.. but at least an effort to get close is enough..

generally thw TW film was loved.. but if it will be compared to the book.. nevermind.
i loved the movie itself, though it's not what i expected so i tried to forget what i read while watching the film.

don't get me wrong. i became aware of the saga because of the movie poster.
ImageImage
Team J.ActionTwinnie:TillyWhitlock
A PROUD RANDIE and LEXLING
I Speak My Mindand i tweet too!
*j-e-s-s*
Settled in Forks

Post by *j-e-s-s* »

sachael wrote:i know that not all of them can be turned into film.. but at least an effort to get close is enough..

generally thw TW film was loved.. but if it will be compared to the book.. nevermind.
i loved the movie itself, though it's not what i expected so i tried to forget what i read while watching the film.
I agree. I liked the movie, but I had to put aside what I had read to be able to enjoy it. I wish they had made it as close as they do the HP movies, even if that meant that the movie would be wayyy longer. I know none of the fans would be complaining.
MoonBeam09
Settled in Forks

Post by MoonBeam09 »

The changes they made (for the most part) were totally understandable. I think it was a really fantastic adaptation and really got the feel of the books - kudos...

However, my problem with them adding in what Edward was up to in "New Moon" is that it would take away from the intent of the book. That completely changes the story. If Rpat needs more screen time, get creative, but don't take away from the real story.... we need, like Bella, to wonder when he's going to come back and yearn for it! I think the fact that most people really dig Rpat and the character of Edward will only help to make the movie experience better... we'll all be waiting for his return!
Allison
Wandering Through Town

Post by Allison »

MoonBeam09 wrote:If Rpat needs more screen time, get creative, but don't take away from the real story.... we need, like Bella, to wonder when he's going to come back and yearn for it! I think the fact that most people really dig Rpat and the character of Edward will only help to make the movie experience better... we'll all be waiting for his return!
I completely agree. It's vital to Bella's frame of mind, and the actions that happen due to that frame of mind, and therefore vital to the film. We have to wonder if he's going to be back, and desperately want him to...not never miss him at all.

I also agree with the thought that to enjoy Twilight the movie, I had to think of it in a completely different mindset than the book. Comparing the two is unecessary in my mind anyways, since they are both great in their own right. I'm sure I'll do the same with New Moon! (2 months till filming starts-YAY!)
ImageImageImageNM p.201
sachael
Cliff Diving with Embry
Location: Somewhere in Vegas having and argument with Riley Reynolds.

Post by sachael »

speaking of the filming date..
any updates on who's gonna play who??
ImageImage
Team J.ActionTwinnie:TillyWhitlock
A PROUD RANDIE and LEXLING
I Speak My Mindand i tweet too!