Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
shygirl1
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Re: New Moon Movie ~ Take 3

Post by shygirl1 »

Hey Family!

I just found this and I don't think that you guys are going to like it:

Vanessa Hudgens Has Auditioned for 'New Moon' Rumored Role16 comment(s)January 12, 2009 07:15:04 GMT

Rumored to be eyeing the Leah Clearwater character in 'New Moon', Vanessa Hudgens has reportedly moved one step closer to nail the part as she has auditioned for the role.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Amidst the speculation that Vanessa Hudgens is considered for Leah Clearwater role in "New Moon", the 20-year-old actress has been further reported to have auditioned for the part. On the newly-developed speculation, MTV reported that the casting news came from "Twilight" actress Ashley Greene at an afterparty for the 66th Golden Globe Awards, Sunday, January 11.

Giving more on her thought of Hudgens potentially taking the role of the only Quileute's female werewolf, the actress who will return to "New Moon" as Alice Cullen reveals that she would be happy to share screen with the "High School Musical 3: Senior Year" star. "I think she'd be great," so she claimed.

Other than the casting report, Greene also shared update on the development status of the "Twilight" sequel, unveiling that there might be another rewrite on the script. "I hear they're doing another rewrite," the 21-year-old said, "I'm with you guys - I'm so excited to read it."

An adaptation to Stephenie Meyer's second novel of her "Twilight" series, "New Moon" is penned by "Twilight" screenwriter Melissa Rosenberg. It follows the romantic story between Bella Swan (Kristen Stewart) and Edward Cullen (Robert Pattinson) as Bella finds solace in her friendship with Jacob Black and her loyalty to the vampires is tested.

Recently, it has been reported that Taylor Lautner has been signed on to reprise his role as Jacob Black. The production of "New Moon" is scheduled to begin in the coming months for November 20, 2009 release.

Honestly I don't want a Disney actor on the movie because it will take away from the twilight series in my personal opinion. So now we will have the screaming HSM fans on top of the rest
twilightsagaaddict
Has Caught Sight of Edward

Post by twilightsagaaddict »

Thanks for the update!

All I can say is "ugh".....
Proud resident of Rob's Halfway House !!Image
Banner by TammyAZ
dazzled_twilighter
Wandering Through Town

Post by dazzled_twilighter »

shavei7 wrote:
Lunna-san wrote:
MrsJamieCullen wrote:Is anyone else really excited/extremely sad to watch the scene where edward leaves bella in NM? I cried so much when i read that part in the book and i cannot wait to see how its acted out on the big screen!
It's a mix of both, I guess. However, I didn't feel the same love in the movie that we read in the books. They seemed in love, but not IN LOVE BxE standard. That star crossed, magnetic thing. But I think we can expect a very sad scene. 2/3 of a movie without Edward/Rob. :cry:

NM depressed me all the way. I didn't cry during the scene in the book. I was kind of in denial. Like "Why are you leaving her, Edward? How can you do this to ME?!!!!"
I doN'T think I cried when he left but I felt NUMB...so maybe that explains the absence of tears. I was really depressed though and I actually was hurting physically like Bella :roll:

I wonder if I'll cry while watching that scene.
I've invested way too much time and emotion on this obssession.
OMG i felt the exact same way! like I wanted to cry but i just......couldn't. I was too numb and depressed. Like..."is this really happening?" kinda thing.

And as for the Vanessa HUdgens thing....I jsut really hope that whoever is in charge of the casting has enough sense to realize that she would pretty much ruin the movie for probably every fan.
UnfreakinBelievable
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by UnfreakinBelievable »

I'm probably among the unpopular opinion here, but wouldn't writing off every actor/actress that has to do with Disney be kind of a mistake? After all, there's been some pretty big talents that got their start with Disney (Shia LaBeouf, Keri Russell and Ryan Gosling to name a few).

I have to admit, I haven't seen High School Musical, so I'm not at all familiar with that Vanessa Hudgens chick -- so if she really can't act, don't let her ruin New Moon with terrible acting skills. But I wouldn't want the casting director to rule out people before they even see what they can do, ya know??

It would be like Taylor -- the only role he's really been that well-known for is Sharkboy, where he does actually break out into song. If I based my opinion of him by that one role he would definitely NOT have been my Jacob. But look how awesome he's doing!!!

All I'm saying is let's give them a chance, people! Maybe they will surprise you!

p.s. did I also hear that Brenda Song from "Suite Life" has also auditioned for the part of Leah?? She's really cute and all, but she's Asian!! Please tell me they're actually going to keep the Native Americans in New Moon looking CLOSE to Native American :roll:
G-Faerie08
Officially Bitten!

Post by G-Faerie08 »

Well...Vanessa Hudgens, to me, is a little too dainty for the role of Leah..For me, I picture Leah to be a little bit more rustic..the tough girl..and Vanessa Hudgens DOES NOT have that quality at all..And Brenda Song...I don't really have anything to say there other than, "No."

If I were to pick one person right now to play Leah, it would be Q'orianka Kilcher who played Pocahontas in The New World with Colin Farrell. Yes, she is pretty and everything, but she has the same features like Kristen does..Like, she is a pretty girl, but that prettiness can be downplayed to meet the needs of the role.
LoveTwilight
Settled in Forks

Post by LoveTwilight »

UnfreakinBelievable wrote:I'm probably among the unpopular opinion here, but wouldn't writing off every actor/actress that has to do with Disney be kind of a mistake? After all, there's been some pretty big talents that got their start with Disney (Shia LaBeouf, Keri Russell and Ryan Gosling to name a few).
That is true but Vanessa Hudgens is the squeaky clean perfect disney clone sort of type, unlike Shia LeBeouf who has some real acting talent. She's too "sweet" and "innocent" to be Leah. They need someone whos got a more rebellious attitude goin on...

shygirl1 wrote:Honestly I don't want a Disney actor on the movie because it will take away from the twilight series in my personal opinion. So now we will have the screaming HSM fans on top of the rest
And I totally agree with this..... no1 wants those crazy HSM fans joining in. We've got enough with our own thanks :twisted:
nafereti
Location: roll'n wit the turtles, run'n wit the wolves & Taylor's Left Pec

Post by nafereti »

G-Faerie08 wrote:Well...Vanessa Hudgens, to me, is a little too dainty for the role of Leah..For me, I picture Leah to be a little bit more rustic..the tough girl..and Vanessa Hudgens DOES NOT have that quality at all..And Brenda Song...I don't really have anything to say there other than, "No."

If I were to pick one person right now to play Leah, it would be Q'orianka Kilcher who played Pocahontas in The New World with Colin Farrell. Yes, she is pretty and everything, but she has the same features like Kristen does..Like, she is a pretty girl, but that prettiness can be downplayed to meet the needs of the role.
I agree I pictured Leah to be a *itch/ tough girl. VH & BS does not fit that role.

Q'Orianka Kilcher I pictured to play...well I didn't really picture her at all in NM. For Leah I picture Tinsel Korey from Into The West.
Team Turtle//Skank Pack-Tay's L.Pec//Dork Squad-SuperSonicSamoan
TEAM TAYCOB WEBSITE: http://teamtaycob.webs.com/
older_twilight_fan
Lusting for Blood
Location: Somewhere in Louisiana, praying that Summit won't "fade to black" in Breaking Dawn

Post by older_twilight_fan »

shygirl1 wrote: --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Amidst the speculation that Vanessa Hudgens is considered for Leah Clearwater role in "New Moon", the 20-year-old actress has been further reported to have auditioned for the part. On the newly-developed speculation, MTV reported that the casting news came from "Twilight" actress Ashley Greene at an afterparty for the 66th Golden Globe Awards, Sunday, January 11.

Giving more on her thought of Hudgens potentially taking the role of the only Quileute's female werewolf, the actress who will return to "New Moon" as Alice Cullen reveals that she would be happy to share screen with the "High School Musical 3: Senior Year" star. "I think she'd be great," so she claimed.

Other than the casting report, Greene also shared update on the development status of the "Twilight" sequel, unveiling that there might be another rewrite on the script. "I hear they're doing another rewrite," the 21-year-old said, "I'm with you guys - I'm so excited to read it."

Just wondered if this rumor might really be true...that there might be a rewrite to the New Moon script. Has anyone else seen or heard any news about the script?

I've seen posted several times on this thread and others that Chris Weitz is known as a good screenwriter and that he wrote the screenplay for "About a Boy", which seemed very popular. Maybe Chris is going to help Melissa with rewrites of the New Moon script. If this is the case, it gives me hope for the New Moon screenplay and movie. Maybe this would help "fix" some of the things that were wrong with the Twilight movie. I do think Melissa did a nice job with characterization and injecting a little bit of humor into the movie with the human characters, Charlie, and the Cullens (cooking dinner for Bella, etc.) Perhaps Chris can help the script more fully convey the depth and intensity of Bella and Edward's love for one another (which we've all mentioned was a little rushed in Twilight). Any thoughts?
Banner by TammyAZ
waiting tobe dazzled

Post by waiting tobe dazzled »

older_twilight_fan , I completely agree with you! Although Melissa did an okay job with the Twilight script…it was seriously lacking what makes Twilight stand out from the average vampire story. It was quite rushed and didn’t really develop any of the characters other then Bella and Edward ßAnd that could be debated. I hope if that is the case then Chris does some revamping (no pun intended) and really puts the magic back into the Twilight franchise.

I also agree that the idea of Vanessa Hudgens and Brenda Song being able to portray Leah correctly is very fair fetched if not ridicules.
However not all Disney actor’s are like that, Danielle Panabaker, Lindsay Lohan and Shia LaBeuf *yes I probably mutilated all of their names lol* are all Disney alum and in my opinion quite talented (on SM’s site she even say’s that she had pictured Danielle as a possible candidate for Bella). Even though, they are all from the days when Disney show’s weren’t all about being out there and spending the entire show building up for a joke (basically I think they’ve kind of dumbed down Disney, but that’s just me)

Oh and everyone is talking about Ricky Ullman…did you know that apparently his real name is Raviv? Anyway, he’s on a show called Rita Rock’s on Lifetime now Lifetime…basically he looks the same way he did when he was on Disney but has longer hair.
Field Supervisor of EDC, Inc.
Team Edward-Knight in Shining Volvo
Team Rosalie-Every Rose has it's thorn
Cotton Candy Revolutionists~Jell-O Wars of 09’
CrazilyObsessed024
Banging Out Dents with Tyler
Location: Daydreaming about one thing or another involving Twilight

Post by CrazilyObsessed024 »

No! No! No! No Vanessa Hudgens! NOOOOO!
ImageImageImageImageImage