Moderator: bac

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
RussetRose♥
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Re: New Moon Movie ~ Take 3

Post by RussetRose♥ »

mandyb7 wrote:
JenJen2112 wrote:I think its going to be hard for people who don't read the books to understand why Bella (and Edward) is heartbroken when he leaves because their relationship was under developed in Twilight
EXACTLY! I totally agree
Yeah, I agree with that too.
I heard that people who didn't read the book and then when and saw Twilight say that it sucked.
But, it was the opposite for people who did read the books.

If you don't understand the emotion and back story, or the story within the pages of the book, you will be lost trying to watch the movie. People around you will be totally into it and you'll be sitting there no nowing what the crap is happening. Well, maybe not that they won't know what's happening...just that they won't understand the emotion underneither the story. Like, you said before...you pretty much have to read the book to understand certain aspects of it.
edward'sstupidlamb
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by edward'sstupidlamb »

RussetRose♥ wrote:
mandyb7 wrote:
JenJen2112 wrote:I think its going to be hard for people who don't read the books to understand why Bella (and Edward) is heartbroken when he leaves because their relationship was under developed in Twilight
EXACTLY! I totally agree
Yeah, I agree with that too.
I heard that people who didn't read the book and then when and saw Twilight say that it sucked.
But, it was the opposite for people who did read the books.

If you don't understand the emotion and back story, or the story within the pages of the book, you will be lost trying to watch the movie. People around you will be totally into it and you'll be sitting there no nowing what the crap is happening. Well, maybe not that they won't know what's happening...just that they won't understand the emotion underneither the story. Like, you said before...you pretty much have to read the book to understand certain aspects of it.
uh YEAH! Thats cuase books are better :D
Image Image
soozabooza54
Frozen in Time

Post by soozabooza54 »

I've been watching Prince Caspian on repeat today... Ben Barnes isn't my Aro in my head when i read, but darn - he sure is fun to look at!!! :)
E<3B
My pop culture blog - check it out! - http://asyetuntitled1.blogspot.com/
beemarie
Wandering Through Town

Post by beemarie »

I agree with the person above me.

He is fun to look at, but not creepy or old enough to be Aro.

but does anyone agree, that the werewolf/shape-shifter/whatever transition should definitely NOT be cheesy?
~Bee Marie
nafereti
Has Caught Sight of Edward
Location: roll'n wit the turtles, run'n wit the wolves & Taylor's Left Pec

Post by nafereti »

i've also picture aro as an old man.

prince caspian just needs to stick with narnia....LOL

((just my opinion))
Team Turtle//Skank Pack-Tay's L.Pec//Dork Squad-SuperSonicSamoan
TEAM TAYCOB WEBSITE: http://teamtaycob.webs.com/
switzgal
Acquiring a Taste for Mountain Lion

Post by switzgal »

beemarie wrote:I agree with the person above me.

He is fun to look at, but not creepy or old enough to be Aro.

but does anyone agree, that the werewolf/shape-shifter/whatever transition should definitely NOT be cheesy?

Oh gosh, they better spend some $$$$ on the phasing. Yes, IT CANNOT be cheesy like the sparkling that at this point I think we can do without!!
twilight1909
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by twilight1909 »

beemarie wrote:does anyone agree, that the werewolf/shape-shifter/whatever transition should definitely NOT be cheesy?
I don't want any of it to be cheesy... Twilight had enough cheese to last me a lifetime.
And so the lion fell in love with the lamb… What a lucky lamb.
TEAM EDWARD: Knight in Shining Volvo
ariake76
Wandering Through Town

Post by ariake76 »

one_tuff_cupcake wrote:I think the make up whs just way to thick. and when Carlisle first appears you can see the difference between his caked face and his neck. it was horrible. hopefully in NM they will get it together.
Sorry to be a little slow here, but I totally agree. I almost laughed out loud when Carlisle first came onscreen. I thought, I cannot BELIEVE this made it past the edit-- surely someone must have said, "We HAVE to reshoot this." But no...

It was like geisha makeup. Ugh.
Yes, my husband's last two names really are Edward Coleman. But his first name is Mike.
switzgal
Acquiring a Taste for Mountain Lion

Post by switzgal »

ariake76 wrote:
one_tuff_cupcake wrote:I think the make up whs just way to thick. and when Carlisle first appears you can see the difference between his caked face and his neck. it was horrible. hopefully in NM they will get it together.
Sorry to be a little slow here, but I totally agree. I almost laughed out loud when Carlisle first came onscreen. I thought, I cannot BELIEVE this made it past the edit-- surely someone must have said, "We HAVE to reshoot this." But no...

It was like geisha makeup. Ugh.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: OMG!!! I busted out laughing at the 'geisha' comment!!!

Yes WTF Summit??? HIRE some better make-up artist.shheeessh!!
I don't think they need a lot of make-up, SRSLY theses actors they got are gorgeous, why ruin it???!!!
twilight1909
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by twilight1909 »

I was in Target earlier and came across the Twilight Movie Companion. It was interesting to read their take on the makeup choices. They said they purposefully made Edward stand out from the rest of the Cullens because he's "so handsome and the hero" or something to that effect. The makeup artist said she let some of Rob's natural skin tone come through. Obviously that was not the case with the others. I'm not sure which is worse...too much face paint or a vampire with a tan. Edward's skin color was different depending on the scene. Oh, and she also said she added lip stain to make him more appealing! :lol: uh, not so much.
And so the lion fell in love with the lamb… What a lucky lamb.
TEAM EDWARD: Knight in Shining Volvo