Discussion of the New Moon Movie

Moderator: bac

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
hen-c
Wandering Through Town

Re: New Moon Movie ~ Take 3

Post by hen-c »

OMG, contact lenses can be so brutal, especially coloured ones. I wear contacts like everyday and after a few hours they drive me completely nuts sometimes. I'm not surprised Rob is dreading them. And I agree with everyone, they should use CGI for the vamps' eyes. And in the close-ups I could clearly see the edges of the contact lenses. hmm... :roll:
"Whenever a stranger stands by me, or passes, I wonder what's on their mind and when they walk away, I secretly miss them."
anilumagloire
Wandering Through Town

Post by anilumagloire »

shavei7 wrote:And if they (.. director, producer, whoever) insist that the actors wear the contacts, the least they could do is erase the edges of the contact lenses on close up scenes during POST production.

I've lost count of the number of scenes in Twilight where you could CLEARLY see the contact lens' edge.
Yes!!!!!! I hated that so much. It was so distracting. If CH was gonna do those insanely close close ups, the least she could have done was to digitally erase those lines. :roll:
Cymbrelynn
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by Cymbrelynn »

Summit probably doesn't care if it bothers us when we can see the contact lens lines or that it bothers the actors if it's cheaper than CG (which it must be, right?) :(
"Your hold is permanent and unbreakable. Never doubt that." EC
My avatar is from emaleth@vesperarium!
JenJen2112
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by JenJen2112 »

there has to be a more comfortable brand of contact lenses (hopefully they fitted all the actors for them because if they aren't properly fitted then they scratch your eyes up really bad) so I hope that will be fixed for NM if they really are that uncomfortable...I wear mine every day (and every night) only taking them out once a week or so and have tried the colored contacts just for fun and had no problem with them...
hen-c
Wandering Through Town

Post by hen-c »

Didn't CH say that he had a buddy who made the lenses specifically for the movie? :roll:
"Whenever a stranger stands by me, or passes, I wonder what's on their mind and when they walk away, I secretly miss them."
RussetRose♥
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by RussetRose♥ »

anilumagloire wrote:
shavei7 wrote:And if they (.. director, producer, whoever) insist that the actors wear the contacts, the least they could do is erase the edges of the contact lenses on close up scenes during POST production.

I've lost count of the number of scenes in Twilight where you could CLEARLY see the contact lens' edge.
Yes!!!!!! I hated that so much. It was so distracting. If CH was gonna do those insanely close close ups, the least she could have done was to digitally erase those lines. :roll:
Really?? I had no clue that you could still see the edges of the contacts. I'll have to look for that the next time I see the movie.
But, back to your point...That would be distracting. If you can still see the lines from the actors' contact lens, espically with all the close-ups. That's annoying and distracting.

"Did you know, you're sort of beautiful?"
"You hit your head pretty hard, didn't you?"
anilumagloire
Wandering Through Town

Post by anilumagloire »

RussetRose♥ wrote:
anilumagloire wrote:

Really?? I had no clue that you could still see the edges of the contacts. I'll have to look for that the next time I see the movie.
But, back to your point...That would be distracting. If you can still see the lines from the actors' contact lens, espically with all the close-ups. That's annoying and distracting.
They're the worst at the bio lab scenes. HUGE lines in their eyes.
They HAVE to step it up a notch in the hair and makeup department. PLEASE!
debussygirl
Joining the Hunt for Enemies

Post by debussygirl »

Yeah, I don't want it to be obvious that Rob has lipstick on. :? That wasn't so good in TW.
But I didn't notice any contact lens showing.
Team Edward&Esme~SBS Assistant 2 the Cobosses~APPC
St Cullens Head of Neurology~Tetrarch
Need something to read? Try http://www.jennacooper.com
switzgal
Acquiring a Taste for Mountain Lion

Post by switzgal »

I agree the make-up was horrid in Twilight. I mean come on, do they need lipstick. It seems so gay.
Plus the plaster they caked their handsome faces in UUGGHHH!!

I hope Summit hire a new make-up artist for NM.
JenJen2112
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by JenJen2112 »

I just thought of this...that could be why Kristen blinked a lot...she had to wear them too because she has naturally green eyes