Moderator: bac

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
twilightbelle<3
Touched By Cold Hands

Re: Worried about the New Moon movie?

Post by twilightbelle<3 »

Thats not really off-topic...I think.

I uhhh, uhmm, ummm, ummm...CRAP I FORGOT WHAT I WAS GOING TO SAY!
oh!
Okay, I am actually kind of happy with Dakota playing Jane. That girl can act, she hasn't been making a name by doing stupid little bubblegum movies. So yeah, Team Dakota! :D
ImageImage
E<3B
keds723
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by keds723 »

I'm indifferent on Dakota Fanning...I don't judge by previous things (otherwise I wouldn't have wanted Kristen Stewart to play Bella, esp after seeing "The Panic Room"...weird).

I was watching "The Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, The Witch, and the Wardrobe" and I realized how great the CGI was in that movie! I can only hope that New Moon animals look that sweet. I mean, Aslan looks like a REAL lion in most scenes.

I also agree with the comment about "The Golden Compass". The budget might not be as much, but I'm sure Chris Weitz wouldn't let some scrawny Why are we talking about a donkey? wolf come up on his perfect movie. (He better not ;) )
cullenclanfanman
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by cullenclanfanman »

Vanessa Hudgens being in the series???? i just dont know how i feel about this.

the new moon's screenwriter just talked about vanessa's involvement. what do you guys think????

should vanessa hudgens be in it or not????

http://www.etonline.com/news/2009/02/70311/index.html

this is big news!
keds723

Post by keds723 »

That is the worst possible news. I think it can be agreed that it is one thing if Dakota Fanning auditions/ be offered the part since she's actually done some pretty good films, and we know she has some potential. In my opinion, Vanessa Hudgens should not play such a key character role in this film. What has she seriously done besides High School Musical 1-3. I could be wrong, but I don't think I will like her very much in this film. ALSO, I don't want there to be too many well known people for this film...that sort of defeats the purpose really of what we had in Twilight. I mean, sure Rob and Kristen are big now, but before what was all the hype? Not too much, but now it's just going to be overwhelming. Hopefully it works out for the best then...

I did find it funny that my last comment was pretty much backed up by Rosenberg about the CGI animals in Golden Compass. Yay for high hopes?
twilightbelle<3
Touched By Cold Hands

Post by twilightbelle<3 »

Vanessa Anne Hudgens, should absolutely not be in this film. Or any Twilight film for that matter, im-notso-ho. She really lacks any character outside of her little bubblegummy type film, granted she could pull of Leah physically, it just isn't fitting. I am sure they could find someone else better, and more fitting for the character.

Dakota Fanning, should def be in New Moon. She has major potential and has done some killer films. The girl can act! And she isn't staking her claim on stupid Disney Channel type movies.
ImageImage
E<3B
Vanquish
Location: Melbourne, Australia...cruising with Edward in his Vanquish

Post by Vanquish »

twilightbelle<3 wrote:Vanessa Anne Hudgens, should absolutely not be in this film. Or any Twilight film for that matter, im-notso-ho. She really lacks any character outside of her little bubblegummy type film, granted she could pull of Leah physically, it just isn't fitting. I am sure they could find someone else better, and more fitting for the character.

Dakota Fanning, should def be in New Moon. She has major potential and has done some killer films. The girl can act! And she isn't staking her claim on stupid Disney Channel type movies.
I'm with you totally on this.

TEAM EDWARD
"For the first time in a century, I felt hope."
"I squared my shoulders and walked forward to meet my fate, with my destiny solidly at my side."
True believer in Cullenism.
RussetRose♥
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by RussetRose♥ »

Vanquish wrote:
twilightbelle<3 wrote:Vanessa Anne Hudgens, should absolutely not be in this film. Or any Twilight film for that matter, im-notso-ho. She really lacks any character outside of her little bubblegummy type film, granted she could pull of Leah physically, it just isn't fitting. I am sure they could find someone else better, and more fitting for the character.

I'm with you totally on this.
Same here. If I hear anymore about her possibly auditioning for different New Moon roles... I'm gonna flip! Dakota is good for the role of Jane. I was a little iffy at first about her, but now that I have watch a few interviews with her, I'm convinced that she could do a good job with this movie.

"Did you know, you're sort of beautiful?"
"You hit your head pretty hard, didn't you?"
edwardlikeshaystacks
Often Mistaken for a Bear

Post by edwardlikeshaystacks »

Luckily, the rumors about Vanessa getting the part of Leah was NOT TRUE.

Which I decided to bold just for those who still think she is going to be in the film.

What I'm worried about is how filming is only a MONTH away and they still have not gotten an official cast together yet. Cmon! Just announce Dakota as Jane already and find the rest of the Volturi! >:(
Team Quil: Clove Ottawa
Emmaline-Jane: is the "Toph" of Lexicalia.
keds723

Post by keds723 »

I don't know if I totally trust Entertainment tonight for my hard celebrity facts, but that post was really recent and I don't know what to believe anymore! Oh well...I'm just antsy for ANY bit of information good or bad, just so we'll have something to discuss!
twi-nerd
Fishing with Charlie

Post by twi-nerd »

Only one thing I'm worried about

Solomon Trimble staying in New Moon!!
My favorite band Pierce the Veil. I LOVE VIC FUENTES!! Thank you so much Chloe for the banner.