Discussion of the New Moon Movie

Moderator: bac

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
MySunJB21
Buying a Better Raincoat

Re: Worried about the New Moon movie?

Post by MySunJB21 »

When I think of more Edward in the movie, I see it in a form of his presence during her hallucinations more than seeing what he is going through. They only went away from Bella's POV in Twilight when they introduced Laurnet, Victoria, and James (which I think was a good move), but I think if we saw Edward's POV in NM that would take away from the main story line....

Banner and Avator by the talented ForJazz
Poohbear29
Settled in Forks

Post by Poohbear29 »

I want to see more Edward in NM! The second half of the book is the most exciting to me. Jacob and his pack are suppose to turn into Werewolves, not just a wolf. I think they could shrink that part in the middle, although I love the Twilight books, that middle part wasn't the most interesting. That's just my opinion. Jacob is okay, but I really would love to see more Edward and the Cullen's.
JenJen2112
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by JenJen2112 »

I have to admit, I was one of the people SM was talking about when saying to read it twice...I'm really not a fan of Jacob and I can't put my finger on why, who knows maybe he reminds me of someone...I think extending the Italy scene would be good
Lorabell
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by Lorabell »

JenJen2112 wrote:I have to admit, I was one of the people SM was talking about when saying to read it twice...I'm really not a fan of Jacob and I can't put my finger on why, who knows maybe he reminds me of someone...I think extending the Italy scene would be good
I'll admit, the first time I read NM, I raced through it until Edward was back *phew* but when I re-read it, it struck me how much more I liked Jacob than I first realised.
Although I'm Team Edward (when I'm not Team Solomon!) - because, at the end of the day, he'd freely sacrifice his happiness for Bella unlike Jacob (as proved in Eclipse) - I think NM has to balance out Twilight in the Jacob:Edward ratio.
Then, by the time Eclipse is released, it'll be a really fun split down the fans as to whom Bella should choose! ...although we all know that Edward wins - mu ah ah ahhh! :lol:
Lorabell

SIGN the New Moon Cast PETITION!
http://www.TeamSolomon.weebly.com
TopazLove
Learning to Love Green

Post by TopazLove »

I will be team Solomon JUST because you guys are so dedicated. I have not seen the interviews, but I have read about them on this site. He is SO VERY not Sam IMO. It bugs me every time I see the movie. But, with the weight gain and hair cut, it could be different. Anyway, I can't hate on someone who is so dedicated to making these movies, right? :)
skylarblue
Cliff Diving with Embry

Post by skylarblue »

I just wanted to post this article that I found on Yahoo about a possible casting of someone to play Heidi.

New Moon Maybe: 90210's AnnaLynne McCord

Say it ain't so!
EDC Inc~New Trainee Supervisor~Team Emmett!
Team Kellan~Proud Klutzer!
MS Virgin & Randomness Irregular!
BellsEdwardalways
Acquiring a Taste for Mountain Lion

Post by BellsEdwardalways »

I think my biggest worries about the New Moon movie is that they will mess up the end with Bella's epiphany. The one thing I want more than anything in this movie is for Edward to say his, "Bella, before you...then you shot across my sky like a meteor...And then there was no more reason for anything." And I am not just worried that it won't be said exactly like that but I have an extremely negative view that it won't happen to the point of already being disappointed and not expecting it.

I just want them to pull it off right. If the cast and crew do NM correctly I should feel three emotions quite strongly or the most. Those three emotions would be sadness(to the point of crying), terror of some kind ( you know because of the Volturi) and also happiness. I know there are other emotions I shall be wanting to get from it too I am sure but those are the ones I am looking for more.
http://chelseadawn.webs.com/
Banner by Kimmy. Avatar made by Narnia
Banner by threethings
Vanquish
Location: Melbourne, Australia...cruising with Edward in his Vanquish

Post by Vanquish »

BellsEdwardalways wrote:I think my biggest worries about the New Moon movie is that they will mess up the end with Bella's epiphany. The one thing I want more than anything in this movie is for Edward to say his, "Bella, before you...then you shot across my sky like a meteor...And then there was no more reason for anything." And I am not just worried that it won't be said exactly like that but I have an extremely negative view that it won't happen to the point of already being disappointed and not expecting it.

I just want them to pull it off right. If the cast and crew do NM correctly I should feel three emotions quite strongly or the most. Those three emotions would be sadness(to the point of crying), terror of some kind ( you know because of the Volturi) and also happiness. I know there are other emotions I shall be wanting to get from it too I am sure but those are the ones I am looking for more.
Yeah the book nearly made me cry....so the movie better make me cry. I want to feel the hurt and pain that Bella goes through. And also the adrenaline rush as Bella and Alice race to Italy and then Volterra in the Porche to save Edward.

TEAM EDWARD
"For the first time in a century, I felt hope."
"I squared my shoulders and walked forward to meet my fate, with my destiny solidly at my side."
True believer in Cullenism.
Lorabell

Post by Lorabell »

Vanquish wrote:Yeah the book nearly made me cry....so the movie better make me cry. I want to feel the hurt and pain that Bella goes through. And also the adrenaline rush as Bella and Alice race to Italy and then Volterra in the Porche to save Edward.
Exactly! That's why I think NM is actually my fav book - I love the intensity of the emotional roller-coaster it has, with the depressing lows and euphoric highs - if the movie doesn't make me cry with tears of sadness and joy, then we're going to have a problem! :lol:
TopazLove wrote:I will be team Solomon JUST because you guys are so dedicated. I have not seen the interviews, but I have read about them on this site. He is SO VERY not Sam IMO. It bugs me every time I see the movie. But, with the weight gain and hair cut, it could be different. Anyway, I can't hate on someone who is so dedicated to making these movies, right? :)
Whohoo, thanks for the support - it's appreciated even more since you're from the other side of the fence! I'm sure we all agree we really want people involved in the movies who are truly dedicated to the project and not just out to capitalize.
...But, watch the TL interviews - it'll make sense ;)
Lorabell

SIGN the New Moon Cast PETITION!
http://www.TeamSolomon.weebly.com
peacelovetwilight
Wandering Through Town

Post by peacelovetwilight »

I'm worried about New Moon because although I loved the Twilight Movie I just don't think that Bella and Edward's love was portrayed as special and wonderful as it was in the books.

In the books you knew for certain that both Edward and Bella would do anything for each other and you knew that it was real love and not just a teenage infatuation.

In the movie I just don't think that their bond was as obvious. I'm really worried that people who haven't read the books won't understand why Bella is so depressed and heart broken when Edward leaves.

Also I really want the special to look good. Like I said before I loved the Twilight movie but it certainly didn't have the greatest special affects. If the wolves don't look realistic it will be incredibly difficult to take the movie seriously.
Like a stalker. An obsessed stalker. An obsessed vampire stalker- Edward Cullen
Edward Cullen used to be my ideal guy. Then Robert Pattinson came along. Now Edward's number two.