Discussion of the New Moon Movie

Moderator: bac

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Lorabell
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Re: Worried about the New Moon movie?

Post by Lorabell »

spiritwolf32 wrote:And as for the casting. No they haven't called Solomon or Krys and that stinks. It is almost time for them to start filming and they need to worry about filling the new cast members instead of wondering if they are going to keep the cast that are already there and perfect for the parts. CHRIS :!: PICK UP THE PHONE AND SAY "Solomon and Krys; come on in for your scripts" Or whoever does that!! "You are keeping your parts as Sam and Embry :lol:
Seriously - if they're churning out the next two, back-to-back, before Christmas then they have enough to do than scouting the globe when Catherine already spotted such amazing talent! Stop playing God, Summit - you have another box-office hit on your hands, lol - we get it!
P.s. Love the avatar, Spiritwolf32 ;)
Lorabell

SIGN the New Moon Cast PETITION!
http://www.TeamSolomon.weebly.com
spiritwolf32
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by spiritwolf32 »

Lorabell wrote:Seriously - if they're churning out the next two, back-to-back, before Christmas then they have enough to do than scouting the globe when Catherine already spotted such amazing talent! Stop playing God, Summit - you have another box-office hit on your hands, lol - we get it!
P.s. Love the avatar, Spiritwolf32 ;)

Thanks.

But yeah, I keep looking out for a sign that they have been called. All I keep hearing and seeing is that they still haven't heard a word. I feel like pulling my hair out. I was worried something like this was going to happen. I am not sure how true the rumors are but I heard that Solomon has already cut his hair. (LIKE I SAID-THIS COULD BE JUST A RUMOR) I am starting to worry about them not being able to come back. I am going to be so sad (and mad :evil: ) if they don't keep both Solomon and Krys.
ForJazz926
Has Caught Sight of Edward

Post by ForJazz926 »

My biggest worry is that it won't dig into the books enough. I agree that Bella and Edward's relationship needs to appear stronger, so that the leaving will REALLY hurt. I think Kristen and Rob did a great job with the script they were given in Twilight - although the dialog was sparse, they really hit it hard with the facial expressions, gazes, and the silences in general. I think the perceptive viewer would really feel their connection, even in silent parts. But I don't want New Moon to skimp on the great dialog like they did in Twilight.

I know the budget will be bigger, after the success of Twilight, and I am SO GLAD. This is where the special effects really need to come in - no more "pretending to run while hanging from zip chords." I want to believe the wolf phasing, and I want to really see the power of the vampires. I want to be hit hard, basically - both on the action front and the emotional front.

I agree that I don't want Edward to be visible when he's supposedly gone. I know the director will want him in it, and try to show his agony as well, and that disappoints me. I think all of his agony can be done in that one scene where Bella is running through the Palazzo dei Priori, and sees him. I want it to make an impact - that scene has to really kick you in the guts.

For the scene after Edward leaves, I have been thinking about how powerful that part in the book is where it just has the names of the months, one on each page. I think in the movie, the sound should go silent except for Bella's heartbeat. And then flash in and out of her in different zombie positions - in school staring ahead, in her bed staring out the window, in the woods slumped down in the ferns, standing alone in the street. Fade to black in between each one.

Image Image
ScreamingFanGirl
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by ScreamingFanGirl »

At this point, they need to just suck it up and call solomon and krys.
they are great actors, they were ALREADY CAST, and summit is running out of time.
their filming in a little more than a month!
I'm not saying I'm Solomon and Krys's #1 fans or anything.
It really isn't about that.
But why put on extra stress??
I mean, would they get a new Edward?
NO! Because he was already cast!
Solomon and Krys ARE Sam and Embry.
WHY WOULD WE CHANGE THAT??
It's pure stupidity.
thats my take on THAT subject..

NEXT SUBJECT!
Okay, WHAT IS THIS TALK I HEAR OF THE JONAS BROTHERS BEING PART OF NEW MOON????
Disney stars in general? NO! I want to rip my eyes out at the thought.
The JONAS BROTHERS??
I may not even WATCH new moon!
Thats a movie killer.
Thats a DAY KILLER.
ughh.
my day is ruined.
okay, end of spiel.
Skank Pack:Tay's Left Thigh/Tongue | Dork Squad | I'm on The List
switzgal
Acquiring a Taste for Mountain Lion

Post by switzgal »

^^^ no they want to be part of the soundtrack but even that would be bad!!!
They already didn't include the bands that SHOULD be in the Twilight soundtrack and the Jonas Bros??
EEECCHHHH!!!

New Moon soundtrack should have...

Superman Five for Fighting
My Immortal Evanescence
Missing Evanescence
You Found Me The Fray
Breath Breaking Benjamin
Bring Me To Life Evanescence
Awake Secondhand Serenade
Fix You Coldplay
Fall for You Secondhand Serenade
Never Alone BarlowGirl
Near to You A Fine Frenzy
You’re My Best Friend Queen
The Reason Hoobastank
All You Wanted Michelle Branch
ScreamingFanGirl
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by ScreamingFanGirl »

Ohhh, got it.
*Takes deep breath*
I was looking at news on new moon and I posted before I read it properly.
I just saw 'The Jonas Brothers Want a Part Of New Moon?' and I FREAKED OUTTTT
lol
Skank Pack:Tay's Left Thigh/Tongue | Dork Squad | I'm on The List
TopazLove
Learning to Love Green

Post by TopazLove »

ForJazz926 wrote:
For the scene after Edward leaves, I have been thinking about how powerful that part in the book is where it just has the names of the months, one on each page. I think in the movie, the sound should go silent except for Bella's heartbeat. And then flash in and out of her in different zombie positions - in school staring ahead, in her bed staring out the window, in the woods slumped down in the ferns, standing alone in the street. Fade to black in between each one.
I can see that in my head perfectly. I like that idea A LOT!
keds723

Post by keds723 »

All I have to say is I'm creating a group of people:

Just Say No to Disney Stars.

That's all. Any of them anywhere near this would not be ideal.
Vanquish
Location: Melbourne, Australia...cruising with Edward in his Vanquish

Post by Vanquish »

keds723 wrote:All I have to say is I'm creating a group of people:

Just Say No to Disney Stars.

That's all. Any of them anywhere near this would not be ideal.
Here Here.
No to Disney.

TEAM EDWARD
"For the first time in a century, I felt hope."
"I squared my shoulders and walked forward to meet my fate, with my destiny solidly at my side."
True believer in Cullenism.
lilmisstrouble
Location: Isle of Esme. Between feathers and broken headboards.

Post by lilmisstrouble »

ForJazz926 wrote:My biggest worry is that it won't dig into the books enough. I agree that Bella and Edward's relationship needs to appear stronger, so that the leaving will REALLY hurt. I think Kristen and Rob did a great job with the script they were given in Twilight - although the dialog was sparse, they really hit it hard with the facial expressions, gazes, and the silences in general. I think the perceptive viewer would really feel their connection, even in silent parts. But I don't want New Moon to skimp on the great dialog like they did in Twilight.

I know the budget will be bigger, after the success of Twilight, and I am SO GLAD. This is where the special effects really need to come in - no more "pretending to run while hanging from zip chords." I want to believe the wolf phasing, and I want to really see the power of the vampires. I want to be hit hard, basically - both on the action front and the emotional front.

I agree that I don't want Edward to be visible when he's supposedly gone. I know the director will want him in it, and try to show his agony as well, and that disappoints me. I think all of his agony can be done in that one scene where Bella is running through the Palazzo dei Priori, and sees him. I want it to make an impact - that scene has to really kick you in the guts.

I agree with you 110% here. Seriously, I'm saying a little silent prayer over here that you are Melissa Rosenberg in disguise and what you just wrote is in the script and we will see an awesome freaking New Moon movie!

PS: Loooved your "just friends" banner. Am I the only one totally digging Rob Pattinson's new 'do?
"Does my being half-naked bother you?"
Yes, please take the other half off. xoxo

http://www.whatwouldedwardcullendo.blogspot.com