Discussion of the New Moon Movie

Moderator: bac

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
TwiHardPotterFan
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Re: Worried about the New Moon movie?

Post by TwiHardPotterFan »

i'm nervous about new moon as well. i really really hope they don't ruin it. I am team edward all the way and I love rob but he can NOT be in new moon too much and i want to be devistated during the forest scene :( i guess we can only pray.
Image Image
roseaurora
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by roseaurora »

My prediction (and fear) is that they are going to rush through the time between Edward leaving and Italy, cutting out a lot of the time Bella spends dealing with Edward's absence, luckily this can be done by taking out stuff with human friends and not necessarily stuff with Jacob, but I think a lot of that will be on the cutting room floor as well.
Wants to move to Forks and live with the Cullens forever.
Banner by the fabulous MRK
I ♥ my Lexily!
twilightsagaaddict
Has Caught Sight of Edward

Post by twilightsagaaddict »

roseaurora wrote:My prediction (and fear) is that they are going to rush through the time between Edward leaving and Italy, cutting out a lot of the time Bella spends dealing with Edward's absence, luckily this can be done by taking out stuff with human friends and not necessarily stuff with Jacob, but I think a lot of that will be on the cutting room floor as well.

I agree-I think they'll cut a lot of the middle of the story. I just got finished reading it again (3rd time? LOL!) and while reading it, I kept wondering "is this the part they'll cut?...or this?" I REALLY hope they capture the range of emotion in the book-from the agony of Edward's departure, to Bella's "addiction" to her delusions, her friendship with Jacob, her realization of what "Italy" means, to the "epiphany" of their love. (Can you tell I literally just finished the book? :lol: I want it all! :D :D
Proud resident of Rob's Halfway House !!Image
Banner by TammyAZ
ForJazz926

Post by ForJazz926 »

I sure hope they don't rush through that - they need to develop the relationship between Bella and Jacob. I know Twilight "has always been about Bella and Edward," but Jacob is a huge part of the story. He becomes part of Bella, and therefore he becomes part of the dynamic of the Cullen world. He tests both Bella and Edward, and he's a great character. That needs to really come alive for viewers.

Think about it from the perspective of people who have seen the movie but not read the books. They will see this Jacob guy, and if the movie is done right, they will be totally surprised that she doesn't end up with him at the end...they don't even KISS in New Moon! I want viewers to think about that. I don't want them thinking Bella is just biding her time with Jacob until Edward comes back. As that relationship develops, Bella actually considers being with Jacob even though she's not quite whole...just to make him happy, and to sort of "lock him down" for herself so that she doesn't completely die if he leaves her, too. That is a lot deeper than just a few scenes can capture. A LOT of thought went into that.

Image Image
switzgal
Acquiring a Taste for Mountain Lion

Post by switzgal »

I agree. Jacob is a big part of this series. He adds the "choice" element to the story that Bella has to make because she loves both Edward and Jacob.
Vanquish
Jump Starting Bella's Truck
Location: Melbourne, Australia...cruising with Edward in his Vanquish

Post by Vanquish »

AHHHHHHHHHHHH!!
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
ok so thats being a bit exaggerative but still I was screaming in my head when I read this:

What a surprise! The rumor mill has presented yet another ex-Disney Hollywood actress that wants in on New Moon–this time, it’s….Hillary Duff.

The latest star to get on the Twilight waitlist is Hilary Duff. The actress was heard backstage at Mercedes Benz Fashion week talking to Twilight star Peter Facinelli about how badly she wants the role.

A source tells Hollyscoop exclusively, “Hilary told Peter how bad she wants to be in the next Twilight movie. Hilary said that she would want to be one of the vampires in the movie.”

She was also heard saying “like, it would be so cool, to like, be a vampire, and stuff. OMG LOL. ” Ok, so maybe we made that last part up. Hopefully my negativity isn’t dripping too heavy on this–but I really don’t think she is right for New Moon. What do you guys think?

it was on this website:
http://www.newmoonmovie.org/

You just need to scroll down.

I have absolutely no coherent thoughts about this. Duff doesn't fit in any of the roles. Her acting is just...omg. Get Disney out of here!

[EDIT] another thought...maybe now since disney is soo totally hot the jonas brothers can play aro, marcus and caius and miley cyrus can play jane. omg. thats like totally awesome! sorry about the saracasm. summit better not stuff this up!

TEAM EDWARD
"For the first time in a century, I felt hope."
"I squared my shoulders and walked forward to meet my fate, with my destiny solidly at my side."
True believer in Cullenism.
ForJazz926

Post by ForJazz926 »

I just threw up in my mouth a little at the thought of Duff anywhere near New Moon. That would just be...gross. *shudders*

Of course all the little tweeners are getting their undies in a bundle about it - they are fad junkies. They need a reality check - they are NOT good enough for this stuff. Are they deluded enough to think that their vibe wouldn't totally poison something as awesome as New Moon?

Image Image
DumBumm
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by DumBumm »

I wouldn't be surprised if they do cast Duff, now that i have lost all hope in New Moon. :cry:

We know that Dakota will get the role as Jane, but does anyone know who could play Alec, besides that guy from HSM. The person they get needs to have some similarities to Dakota. (Right age as well). Any thoughts?
Miko Kikyou
Settled in Forks

Post by Miko Kikyou »

Oh well, maybe I should show up at Summits Entertainment and ask for a role, too...
Do these disney-stars actually have a brain? I won't think bad of a person just because they have done a disney series, but if I hear something like "it would be SO cool to be a vampire"....... Okay, so she doesn't even get the meaning of being a vampire... Poor Peter Facinelli. He must have had a really hard time listening to her...xD

Well, we'll see how this works out. But I would be much happier with AnnaLynne McCord - at least she doesn't say something that stupid about vampires.
ForJazz926

Post by ForJazz926 »

Every ditz in Hollywood is probably saying the same thing. "OMG like, it would be so totally cool!" I really desperately hope that Chris Weitz has a brain and doesn't even give that garbage another thought. If Hillary Duff was Heidi I will hurl.

Image Image