Worried about the New Moon movie?

Discussion of the New Moon Movie

Moderator: bac

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Lorabell
Jump Starting Bella's Truck
Posts: 131
Joined: Thu Jan 22, 2009 5:11 pm
Location: UK

Re: Worried about the New Moon movie?

Post by Lorabell » Sun Feb 22, 2009 1:29 pm

dawn wrote:
DramaPrincezz013 wrote:
Lorabell wrote:Yeah, although there's frequent reminders that they're supposed to be monstrous, I always have to remind myself whilst reading because I just imagine fluffy huskies, lol!
I agree! I can never picture them being as big as a horse. That said, I don't really care how big they look in the movie. As long as they don't look like hairy mutant men, I am OK. Also, I hope that they all keep their colors. (i.e. Jake's russet fur.) I hope that it's not just a whole bunch of grey wolves running around.
I think the problem is that the characters themselves are so warm and cuddly that you assume their werewolf form is going to be warm and cuddly. But I agree - mutant men would be ever so lame.

I think they'll keep the color of them true to the book, just because there would be no reason NOT to, you know?
Lol, yeah, I guess the "warm/cuddly" thing doesn't help their "monstrous" image - I hope they reach a good compromise with special effects for that...
And, yeah, I see no reason why they wouldn't keep the different colouring - that would just be confusing for readers and non-readers!

Also, someone else mentioned a concern about the voice Bella hears - I have to say, I'm in on this one too - I wouldn't want them to show his face as she hears him, because then it would suggest that she can hear the real him, not her imaginary him... does that make sense?
Lorabell

SIGN the New Moon Cast PETITION!
http://www.TeamSolomon.weebly.com
Image

Sterling Snow
Teaching Eric Social Graces
Posts: 226
Joined: Sun Dec 28, 2008 5:34 pm
Location: chillen with Jasper, Draco, and the people in mah head

Re: Worried about the New Moon movie?

Post by Sterling Snow » Sun Feb 22, 2009 2:35 pm

dawn wrote:
DramaPrincezz013 wrote:
Lorabell wrote:Yeah, although there's frequent reminders that they're supposed to be monstrous, I always have to remind myself whilst reading because I just imagine fluffy huskies, lol!
I agree! I can never picture them being as big as a horse. That said, I don't really care how big they look in the movie. As long as they don't look like hairy mutant men, I am OK. Also, I hope that they all keep their colors. (i.e. Jake's russet fur.) I hope that it's not just a whole bunch of grey wolves running around.
I think the problem is that the characters themselves are so warm and cuddly that you assume their werewolf form is going to be warm and cuddly. But I agree - mutant men would be ever so lame.

I think they'll keep the color of them true to the book, just because there would be no reason NOT to, you know?
I do hope they get the wolves' colors right, because it is important to be able to tell them apart.
I hope they can find some way to make Jacob-wolf's face look kind of like Jacob-human's. It wouldn't be too hard. Taylor Lautner already looks kind of like a wolf, anyway.
Yes, I love Harry Potter. Yes, I am in Slytherin. Will that be a problem?
Team Taylor and Team Robert
I'm baaaack! (and fangirlier than ever!!!)
If you know how to make banners/avatars, please pm me, cuz I'm in desperate need of one!

dawn
Jump Starting Bella's Truck
Posts: 142
Joined: Mon Feb 09, 2009 3:41 pm
Location: USA

Re: Worried about the New Moon movie?

Post by dawn » Sun Feb 22, 2009 2:54 pm

Sterling Snow wrote: Taylor Lautner already looks kind of like a wolf, anyway.
HAHAHA I've always thought that!!!
Image

Lorabell
Jump Starting Bella's Truck
Posts: 131
Joined: Thu Jan 22, 2009 5:11 pm
Location: UK

Re: Worried about the New Moon movie?

Post by Lorabell » Sun Feb 22, 2009 2:59 pm

dawn wrote:
Sterling Snow wrote: Taylor Lautner already looks kind of like a wolf, anyway.
HAHAHA I've always thought that!!!
LOL - me too! He really does, doesn't he?! :lol:
Lorabell

SIGN the New Moon Cast PETITION!
http://www.TeamSolomon.weebly.com
Image

DramaPrincezz013
Wrestling With Emmett
Posts: 2562
Joined: Sat Jan 31, 2009 4:48 pm
Location: Bouncing back and forth between Forks and Mystic Falls

Re: Worried about the New Moon movie?

Post by DramaPrincezz013 » Sun Feb 22, 2009 8:12 pm

Lorabell wrote:
dawn wrote:
Sterling Snow wrote: Taylor Lautner already looks kind of like a wolf, anyway.
HAHAHA I've always thought that!!!
LOL - me too! He really does, doesn't he?! :lol:
Omg he does. My mom said he looked like a dog before she ever even knew who he was and that he was going to play a werewolf. xD
Image
The ListV2~Apple::::Mafia~Eva DiMarco::::On bunches of teams!
"You're the closest to heaven that I'll ever be, and I don't wanna go home right now." </3

ThestarInMyBellaSky
Settled in Forks
Posts: 18
Joined: Fri Aug 15, 2008 5:24 pm
Contact:

Re: Worried about the New Moon movie?

Post by ThestarInMyBellaSky » Tue Feb 24, 2009 1:44 pm

honestly i just hope they stick to how the book is written and not go into hollywood lala land. that was somewhat irritating. dont get me wrong l iloved twilight, and I LOVE Edward, but please please i hope they dont go into randomosity and do things that arent in there.

Jadey
Resisting Temptation With Carlisle
Posts: 2723
Joined: Sat Feb 21, 2009 11:43 pm
Location: New Zealand
Contact:

Re: Worried about the New Moon movie?

Post by Jadey » Tue Feb 24, 2009 11:04 pm

Yeah, I hope they stick to the book, and not make it as corny as Twilight was.
And I hope Kristen does a good job of breaking down and becoming depressed... or ill be angry.

I also heard that they're going to make Rob have more parts as Edward, and show what hes doing while away from Forks/Bella... I hope they dont. That will completely ruin the whole story, and the intensity of Edward leaving.
"It will be like I never existed" <--- Stick to that please!
Image
^ by ForJazz
Image
"Theres a lot of like, feminist issues with the book. Like, 'Oh, she's so devoted to him' and well yeah, she's in love with him"
- Kristen Stewart

Lorabell
Jump Starting Bella's Truck
Posts: 131
Joined: Thu Jan 22, 2009 5:11 pm
Location: UK

Re: Worried about the New Moon movie?

Post by Lorabell » Wed Feb 25, 2009 8:25 am

Jadey wrote:Yeah, I hope they stick to the book, and not make it as corny as Twilight was.
And I hope Kristen does a good job of breaking down and becoming depressed... or ill be angry.

I also heard that they're going to make Rob have more parts as Edward, and show what hes doing while away from Forks/Bella... I hope they dont. That will completely ruin the whole story, and the intensity of Edward leaving.
"It will be like I never existed" <--- Stick to that please!
*high five" Jadey - I'm so with you on this - especially the "it will be like I never existed"!
This book is my favourite out of the saga (...I think ;) ) and that's because the hollow pain that Bella goes through is so heart breaking that it resonates so deeply as you read it!
If they take that away, it just won't be New Moon anymore and nor will Eclipse mean as much as a continuation of the story!
Lorabell

SIGN the New Moon Cast PETITION!
http://www.TeamSolomon.weebly.com
Image

Jen
Settled in Forks
Posts: 7
Joined: Fri Feb 20, 2009 3:27 pm

Re: Worried about the New Moon movie?

Post by Jen » Wed Feb 25, 2009 9:25 am

Hello All. Long time lurker, first time poster.

I have many of the same fears as most of you: cheesy screenplay, lame visual effects, poor acting/directing...

But I think mostly, for me at least, is that they will not show the utter heartbreak and shattering pain that Bella is going through over Edward. That was the strongest part of this book for me, aside from the dramatic ending with Edward in Italy and all that follows. I think they are going to make it seem like Jake and Bella are just having a great time together, then all the sudden Bella has to go to Italy to save Edward, sorta out of "duty" not love. Does that make any sense? Anywho, that is my fear, that they won't accurately depict the absolute and undeniable love and heartbreak of Edward and Bella, and just focus on the Jacob and Bella friendship aspect. Which I agree is important in this book/movie, but definitely not the most important thing. To me, the most important point of this book was realizing how much Edward and Bella loved each other and could never live with out each other. That's what the goal of this movie should be. JMO

Lunna-san
Helping Mike to Get a Clue
Posts: 551
Joined: Sat Aug 23, 2008 9:19 pm

Re: Worried about the New Moon movie?

Post by Lunna-san » Wed Feb 25, 2009 11:29 am

Jen wrote:Hello All. Long time lurker, first time poster.

I have many of the same fears as most of you: cheesy screenplay, lame visual effects, poor acting/directing...

But I think mostly, for me at least, is that they will not show the utter heartbreak and shattering pain that Bella is going through over Edward. That was the strongest part of this book for me, aside from the dramatic ending with Edward in Italy and all that follows. I think they are going to make it seem like Jake and Bella are just having a great time together, then all the sudden Bella has to go to Italy to save Edward, sorta out of "duty" not love. Does that make any sense? Anywho, that is my fear, that they won't accurately depict the absolute and undeniable love and heartbreak of Edward and Bella, and just focus on the Jacob and Bella friendship aspect. Which I agree is important in this book/movie, but definitely not the most important thing. To me, the most important point of this book was realizing how much Edward and Bella loved each other and could never live with out each other. That's what the goal of this movie should be. JMO
I agree with you (btw, Jen, welcome to the boards!). The public must feel the same feeling of lost as Bella. I was desperate while I was reading New Moon. I wanted to know when Edward was going to go back. If they keep showing "flashes " of Edward, this will ruin it. New Moon is a sad book and the movie must be sad too. I don't care. I want to experience the same feeling of dispair that I felt while I was reading the book. Lost, sadness, anxiety.

Post Reply