Moderator: bac

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
DramaPrincezz013
Wrestling With Emmett
Location: Bouncing back and forth between Forks and Mystic Falls

Re: Worried about the New Moon movie?

Post by DramaPrincezz013 »

Jadey wrote:I'm more calmer cause Chris looks like he knows what he's doing.. and he doesn't seem and hippy-ish and loopy like Catherine was.
..and hopefully he smacks some sense into Melissa.
Well he did write in "Stitches". I am forever grateful for that!
The ListV2~Apple::::Mafia~Eva DiMarco::::On bunches of teams!
"You're the closest to heaven that I'll ever be, and I don't wanna go home right now." </3
xblgirl
Learning to Love Green

Post by xblgirl »

I find it funny that we're all at least content with CW directing this. The Golden Compass really gave him some credibility with the CGI and all that jazz. I, for one, am seriously ecstatic about this movie. From the Twilight trailer, I knew some things were going to be looking pretty bad. Thank the lord that they finally have some money to spend, right?
I'm an obsessed fan and not afraid to hide it :)
older_twilight_fan
Lusting for Blood
Location: Somewhere in Louisiana, praying that Summit won't "fade to black" in Breaking Dawn

Post by older_twilight_fan »

I know many of us are concerned that Melissa Rosenberg (and Summit) will expand Edward's role in New Moon so that Rob's presence will not be missed on screen after he leaves Bella. As much as I love Rob, we all know that Edward's return in Volterra will make so much more of an impact if we don't know what Edward or the rest of the Cullens were up to those months while they were away from Forks.

Anyway, I heard a brief interview with Melissa Rosenberg from the Imprint Podcast at one of the DVD release parties. When asked about Rob's role in the movie "New Moon", she had this to say:

"I will say that Rob Pattinson will not disappear in New Moon...cause there's that whole chunk in the book where he's kind of not there. But, he is in her mind. And so I think that, I will say that Rob Pattinson will be alive in New Moon in a way that I think fans will experience as being very faithful to the book."

I hope Melissa's words indicate that Rob will somehow only be a part of Bella's visions and thoughts during those months away, and that we won't see him curled up in a ball in an attic somewhere, but who knows....I guess only time will tell.

Any thoughts?
Last edited by older_twilight_fan on Mon Mar 30, 2009 7:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
Banner by TammyAZ
Jadey
Resisting Temptation With Carlisle

Post by Jadey »

If bloody Melissa adds way more Eddie than necessary...
I am going to kill her.

She already ruined Twilight.. and I don't want her to ruin my favourite book in the series.
And shes signed up for Eclipse too..

PLEEASSSEEEE do not ruin 3 movies Melissa, you crappy screen writer person!

All I know is that when Bella hears Eddie in her head, then they'll make Rob pop up on screen or something.
^ by ForJazz
"Theres a lot of like, feminist issues with the book. Like, 'Oh, she's so devoted to him' and well yeah, she's in love with him"
- Kristen Stewart
Dovrebanen
Red-Eyed Vampire

Post by Dovrebanen »

The whole point is that Bella had no idea where the Cullens were and what they were doing. And neither did we, as the readers. That was a conscious choice by SM. We were supposed to be completely in the dark. So as much as I love Edward, I do not want to see much of him in New Moon. That will make it so much better when he finally shows up again. I think we need to really feel Bella's grieving and emptiness. So I really hope that they don't decide to add what the Cullens did during these months. All I want from the period Edward was gone, is to hear his voice in her head. I think that will make some really powerful and emotional scenes.
Rob's Halfway House ~ Team Edward ~ Cullenist ~
elizabella
Jump Starting Bella's Truck
Location: In our cottage, discussing the latest fashion trends with Alice.

Post by elizabella »

If I were Melissa, I would imagine that Edward was somebody who had died. You know that you are never going to see them again but you won't delete that voice mail they left you just so you can hear their voice. You go to places where you have strong memories of them so you can remember those memories and hopefully hear the conversations you had with them.

Alice's Party Planning Committe: (*bag carrier*)
Team Alice- Because sometimes it is better to be small.
AliceFan
Wandering Through Town

Post by AliceFan »

I am in complete agreement with all of you who are worried that there will be too much of Edward's presence added in NM just to satisfy what Those In Charge (read, those who hold the purse strings) think will appeal to Twilight fans. I have always thought that they have very little understanding of the Twilight fanbase. And perhaps of Twilight itself.

They seem to think everyone who loves Twilight are brainless, hormone-driven tweens who are only capable of discussing how 'hot' the actors are. I think the impact of the ending of NM will be lost if there is much 'added Edward', because we will lose the incredible sense of loss and longing that we can so identify with Bella in the beginning of the story.

However, that being said, I have hope for the film just because Chris Weis is directing. I thought his "Golden Compass" film was underrated. And I have hope that NM will now have much better special effects, since he's at the helm. In Golden Compass, the fight scene between the bears was one of the best CGI sequences I've witnessed.

The casting is of some concern to me. The latest news about the young guy who's playing Caius is disturbing. Like someone said, it might be "New Moon 90210". He's very young to be playing Caius, no matter what the make up department can do. It all comes down to the acting in the end. I didn't see him in 'Sweeny Todd' so can't say.

Most importantly, I hope they - the writers, producers, director etc - don't lose sight of the essence of NM, the heart of the story. I have found very few directors who can do that, create a great story that is also visually superb yet be able to move you deeply. And I truly hope they plan to involve Stephanie Meyer in their decisions, as Hartwicke did.
Lunna-san
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by Lunna-san »

Jadey wrote:If bloody Melissa adds way more Eddie than necessary...
I am going to kill her.

She already ruined Twilight.. and I don't want her to ruin my favourite book in the series.
And shes signed up for Eclipse too..

PLEEASSSEEEE do not ruin 3 movies Melissa, you crappy screen writer person!

All I know is that when Bella hears Eddie in her head, then they'll make Rob pop up on screen or something.
Amen to that, dear.
navarre
Finding Stuff in Billy's Trunk

Post by navarre »

older_twilight_fan wrote:I know many of us are concerned that Melissa Rosenberg (and Summit) will expand Edward's role in New Moon so that Rob's presence will not be missed on screen after he leaves Bella. As much as I love Rob, we all know that Edward's return in Volterra will make so much more of an impact if we don't know what Edward or the rest of the Cullens were up to those months while they were away from Forks.

Anyway, I heard a brief interview with Melissa Rosenberg from the Imprint Podcast at one of the DVD release parties. When asked about Rob's role in the movie "New Moon", she had this to say:

"I will say that Rob Pattinson will not disappear in New Moon...cause there's that whole chunk in the book where he's kind of not there. But, he is in her mind. And so I think that, I will say that Rob Pattinson will be alive in New Moon in a way that I think fans will experience as being very faithful to the book."

I hope Melissa's words indicate that Rob will somehow only be a part of Bella's visions and thoughts during those months away, and that we won't see him curled up in a ball in an attic somewhere, but who knows....I guess only time will tell.

Any thoughts?
Yes. She talked a big talk but could not walk it when she wrote the screenplay for Twilight. Neither she nor that idiot Hardwicke got the concept of these stories. Anybody can say anything to assuage the fanbase and make them feel like they(script writer & director) understand the inner workings of these books, but when it came down to it - EVERYTHING was changed. The screwed it up - majorly!!!! :evil:

This movie will be a test to see if that idiot Rosenberg really "gets it" this time and if Weitz will truly live up to his letter to the fans. I just hope SM really has her fingers in this one - we may actually get a decent flick this November. The only lens that Weitz & Rosenberg need to be looking out is the author's - not their own.
Paranormal/Romance/Adventure Addict
older_twilight_fan
Lusting for Blood
Location: Somewhere in Louisiana, praying that Summit won't "fade to black" in Breaking Dawn

Post by older_twilight_fan »

navarre wrote:
older_twilight_fan wrote:I know many of us are concerned that Melissa Rosenberg (and Summit) will expand Edward's role in New Moon so that Rob's presence will not be missed on screen after he leaves Bella. As much as I love Rob, we all know that Edward's return in Volterra will make so much more of an impact if we don't know what Edward or the rest of the Cullens were up to those months while they were away from Forks.

Any thoughts?
Yes. She talked a big talk but could not walk it when she wrote the screenplay for Twilight. Neither she nor that idiot Hardwicke got the concept of these stories. Anybody can say anything to assuage the fanbase and make them feel like they(script writer & director) understand the inner workings of these books, but when it came down to it - EVERYTHING was changed. The screwed it up - majorly!!!! :evil:

This movie will be a test to see if that idiot Rosenberg really "gets it" this time and if Weitz will truly live up to his letter to the fans. I just hope SM really has her fingers in this one - we may actually get a decent flick this November. The only lens that Weitz & Rosenberg need to be looking out is the author's - not their own.
I wholeheartedly agree. I'm pretty fearful that Melissa's words were just that...words. I'm afraid Melissa and Summit may pander to the almighty dollar by just assuming that all Twilight fans want to see more Edward--just so that we can see more Rob Pattinson, and that is so not the case. I do hope they listen to Stephanie on this one, and only let us hear Rob's voice, or maybe have Bella visually remember Edward in one or two flashbacks, at the very most. They must not show Edward and the Cullens during those few months or it will absolutely ruin any impact it should have when Alice and Edward finally return.

I was so disappointed to hear Catherine Hardwicke seem surprised that people felt like something was missing from the meadow scene in Twilight. If she thinks we were satisfied with the meadow scene, I'm not sure what she's been smoking! :lol:
Banner by TammyAZ