Discussion of the New Moon Movie

Moderator: bac

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
navarre
Finding Stuff in Billy's Trunk

Re: Worried about the New Moon movie?

Post by navarre »

older_twilight_fan wrote:I was so disappointed to hear Catherine Hardwicke seem surprised that people felt like something was missing from the meadow scene in Twilight. If she thinks we were satisfied with the meadow scene, I'm not sure what she's been smoking! :lol:
I know that's right. I have always wondered that myself.
Paranormal/Romance/Adventure Addict

Jadey
Resisting Temptation With Carlisle

Post by Jadey »

I agree with all you you.
To me, Melissa just thinks these movies are for tweens, so she's just like
"I won't try hard on this, it's not like they will notice. Hmm.. The more Pattinson, the more money.. hmm.. if I just add all the big scenes.. then that will be enough to satisfy the little ones. Hmm.. Im SUCH a good screen writer because Twilight was a huge success... hmm"

A. Most of the Twilight fanbase is 16+
B. THIS ISNT ABOUT ROB. As much as I love him, I don't want him to be all through the bloody movie.
C. Twilight was such a huge success because it was the first one, and everyone got excited. Just because theres hundreds of girls screaming for ROB doesnt mean they were screaming for the MOVIE.
D. SHE IS NOT A GOOD SCREENWRITER
E. Everyone noticed when you left stuff out. LOSER!!
F. HOW DARE YOU LEAVE OUT THE CHAPTER "Stitches" YOU CRAZY WOMAN.
G. Catherine + Melissa = BADNESS!

^ by ForJazz
"Theres a lot of like, feminist issues with the book. Like, 'Oh, she's so devoted to him' and well yeah, she's in love with him"
- Kristen Stewart

switzgal
Acquiring a Taste for Mountain Lion

Post by switzgal »

Gah!! I hope Chris Weitz has read the book numerous times and both him and Stephenie fixes stuff thats missing. Taylor also said he's been studying the book (NM) and I hope he gets some input into Jacob's role. I don't trust Melissa.

Marcela
Settled in Forks

Post by Marcela »

I can't remember where I read that Melissa R hadn't read the whole saga before she did the screenplay for Twilight. I hope that wasn't true because it seems like a no-brainer to me that you'd read as much as possible when writing a screenplay, but what do I know? But maybe it explains the killing of one of Charlie's friends since he's about to lose Harry in New Moon and leaving out Alice's past. Granted Alice's past isn't a huge thing but I thought it was odd... just more of the total lack of character development with all the Cullens.

I'm still trying to like the movie but it's hard. I can tell that Catherine Hardwicke's Twilight and mine are very different. The meadow scene was a huge downer. Meadow?? They were in the forest! So hard to watch the whole thing and not want to argue with so many things. There were some things that I liked that they added but those things were small... :) I watched the commentary with Rob, Catherine and Kristin, all the extended scenes, etc. so I think I understand the vision a little better, it's just not mine and I get to deal with that... ;)

I do have a lot of confidence in Weitz and am hoping that he is realizing (or maybe that Summit is realizing) just how HUGE the fanbase is and how critical it is to keep the movies as true to the books as possible. I hope they will have Stephenie Meyer in on the decisions and make a great movie. It blows my mind that people still aren't realizing just how huge this is and that it's not just a teen thing...

Dovrebanen
Red-Eyed Vampire

Post by Dovrebanen »

Marcela wrote: The meadow scene was a huge downer. Meadow?? They were in the forest!
You are so right. The meadow was the biggest disappointment in the whole movie for me. It just seemed like Bella stomped away into the woods with Edward on her heals (Correct me if I'm wrong abouth this since I have only seen the movie once, so I don't rememeber all the details, but that was how it felt like to me). There was a reason Edward took her to the meadow, it was his special place and he wanted to share it with Bella. And the planning and reason were completely lost. So for me, it almost felt like the entire meadow scene was missing. Yes.."The lion and the lamb" was there and the sparkling (didn't like the way that looked either, by the way..), but that did not make it the meadow scene for me.

And Jadey: I think your comment and you A-G list says it all. Took the thoughts right out of my head. I'm so far beyond being a tween..And I'm not screaming for Rob..(that would be kind of weird, since I'm way up in the 20s..). I just love the saga, and I want them to get it right. So I am hopeful for the new director, but worried that he might not be able to do much about the script. And the script actually makes the movie..Not the "hotness" (if that's a word..) of the actors...
Rob's Halfway House ~ Team Edward ~ Cullenist ~

Jadey
Resisting Temptation With Carlisle

Post by Jadey »

Im loving Chris atm..

but I just don't want people to have too much confidence in him.. incase he doesn't deliver as well as they think he will.. then they will get disappointed and start bashing him..
and he doesn't deserve that.
^ by ForJazz
"Theres a lot of like, feminist issues with the book. Like, 'Oh, she's so devoted to him' and well yeah, she's in love with him"
- Kristen Stewart

Dovrebanen
Red-Eyed Vampire

Post by Dovrebanen »

I believe that if New Moon is messed up it will mostly be because of the script. I won't blame Chris for that as much as I did with CH. Since they have kept Melissa Rosenberg, there is a good chance that the movie will not be as good as it could have been. And if that happens again, it can't possible be mostly CW's fault since he just made the one movie and MR participated in both.. I'm hopeful, but also very much prepared for it not to be as good as I want it to be.
I actually haven't seen the Golden compass, since it's not really my kind of story..But I think I will now, to see what he has done before.

Jen_Cullen_31343
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by Jen_Cullen_31343 »

Dovrebanen-- I Love your Signiture! Thats pretty much my Favorite part in midnight sun.
TEAM EDWARD!

BECAUSE JACOB DOESN'T SPARKLE =]

Dovrebanen
Red-Eyed Vampire

Post by Dovrebanen »

Thanks Jen :) I love that part too. It's a qoute that says so much about how Edward was feeling So I just searched online for a picture of the midnight sun to go with the quote. So this is from somewhere in Norway, where I'm from. Never actually seen the midnightsun myself though..Too far south.

DramaPrincezz013
Wrestling With Emmett
Location: Bouncing back and forth between Forks and Mystic Falls

Post by DramaPrincezz013 »

You no what Melissa needs to do? If she won't look for a new career elsewhere, she should at least listen to Rob, here. He said he didn't want to be in the movie any more than necessary. He said that! Listen to your "money maker" Melissa. Apparetly, he knows what he's talking about, and all you know is--well no, nevermind, you don't know diddly. LISTEN TO ROBBYKINZ!!!
The ListV2~Apple::::Mafia~Eva DiMarco::::On bunches of teams!
"You're the closest to heaven that I'll ever be, and I don't wanna go home right now." </3