Discussion of the New Moon Movie

Moderator: bac

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
cassis_rose
Changing People's Minds With Jasper

Re: Worried about the New Moon movie?

Post by cassis_rose »

The new moon trailer looks promising to me.
I didn't like how Jacob changed in front of Bella and attacked Laurent and the effects of the wolf.

But I'm willing to look past them and work myself up for the movie. December can't come fast enough. Given the quality of the teaser trailer, I can say that Chris Weitz is the man and will not let us down.
Team Carlisle ~ Cullenist - Hail to Carlisle
Jadey
Resisting Temptation With Carlisle

Post by Jadey »

cassis_rose wrote: I didn't like how Jacob changed in front of Bella and attacked Laurent and the effects of the wolf.
I you look closely, they're two different scenes.
Bellas wearing different clothes. Shes wearing grey/blue with a backpack, and when she runs towards jake, shes wearing brown without a backpack. And the woods where she sees laurent isn't in Jacobs backyard. It's not even in La Push.
And they wouldn't have just Jake attack Laurent, and he wouldn't phase infront of Bella, cause she doesn't know about it yet (or shouldn't know about it.

But yeah, they are two different scenes mooshed together for some reason
^ by ForJazz
"Theres a lot of like, feminist issues with the book. Like, 'Oh, she's so devoted to him' and well yeah, she's in love with him"
- Kristen Stewart
cassis_rose
Changing People's Minds With Jasper

Post by cassis_rose »

Jadey wrote:
cassis_rose wrote: I didn't like how Jacob changed in front of Bella and attacked Laurent and the effects of the wolf.
Bellas wearing different clothes. Shes wearing grey/blue with a backpack, and when she runs towards jake, shes wearing brown without a backpack. And the woods where she sees laurent isn't in Jacobs backyard. It's not even in La Push.
And they wouldn't have just Jake attack Laurent, and he wouldn't phase infront of Bella, cause she doesn't know about it yet (or shouldn't know about it.

Oh, wow. I guess I just didn't look hard enough. Thanks for clearing that up. :)

Maybe, it's just that they thought it will build on the suspense.
Team Carlisle ~ Cullenist - Hail to Carlisle
rjupiter
Learning to Love Green

Post by rjupiter »

cassis_rose wrote:
Jadey wrote:

Oh, wow. I guess I just didn't look hard enough. Thanks for clearing that up. :)

Maybe, it's just that they thought it will build on the suspense.

they do that a lot in trailers, intersplice scenes or even add whole scenes/dialog that even get cut from the movie but are good for the trailer.
despoina92
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by despoina92 »

I'm not sure wether I liked it or not. It looked more than a movie than "Twilight" did and I think that they made the vampires even better here. But Jacob's transformation was the worst part for me... I don't know, it did'nt seem real and, after all, at first I thought that he was phasing in front of Bella to attack Laurent (the talk with Bella was far my fav part of the trailer) and I was almost terrified! But then I realised that;s there are two different scences, and I was kinda relieved. But, still, I think that the phasing thing should be way better...
Ally_Cat
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by Ally_Cat »

Jadey wrote:

Over on the New Moon #5 thread someone posted a link to an MTV interview (from after the trailer was shown last night) w/ Taylor and he said the one where he transforms infront of Bella is the scene where Paul and he fight.
The Volturi: Nora
Private Ophelia Grey of Jasper's Army
Team "Screw you freaks! I pick Ben!"
Gen-Y: The Lexily
lady4string

Post by lady4string »

I can't wait to see more of Jake turning into a snarling wolf. :D Although I never thought Jake and Bella belonged together in a romantic way, I've always loved that character.
SweetImpakt
Finding a Nice Guy for Angela

Post by SweetImpakt »

I'm absolutely thrilled with the trailer. It looks so much better than(then?Sorry, my english... :D ) Twilight. The Cullens house looks so much better and more like I imagined. The make up looks much better, you can see the difference between Bella and Edward much better. The only negative thing is that I think the wolf should have been a bit bigger, but in general I'm very very very pleased.
:D I can't wait for 11/18/09 ( Yes yes in Belgium, the film is 2 days earlier in theatres :D sometimes it has advantadges to live in a stupid country 8-):D)

“Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength, while loving someone deeply gives you courage.”
Dovrebanen
Red-Eyed Vampire

Post by Dovrebanen »

despoina92 wrote:I'm not sure wether I liked it or not. It looked more than a movie than "Twilight" did and I think that they made the vampires even better here. But Jacob's transformation was the worst part for me... I don't know, it did'nt seem real and, after all, at first I thought that he was phasing in front of Bella to attack Laurent (the talk with Bella was far my fav part of the trailer) and I was almost terrified! But then I realised that;s there are two different scences, and I was kinda relieved. But, still, I think that the phasing thing should be way better...
Hm...I thought exactly the opposite actually. I thought the phasing was amazing. I loved it. I loved the way it looked, I loved the sound of it, and I liked the wolf. I agree with SweetImpakt that the wolf maybe could have been a bit bigger.
Taylor looks so good, by the way!

Overall, I loved the trailer. They showed as a variety of scenes, and I liked them. It set my mind at ease on a few points of the movie. And it made me super-excited for the rest.
Rob's Halfway House ~ Team Edward ~ Cullenist ~
rjupiter
Learning to Love Green

Post by rjupiter »

Dovrebanen wrote:
despoina92 wrote:I'm not sure wether I liked it or not. It looked more than a movie than "Twilight" did and I think that they made the vampires even better here. But Jacob's transformation was the worst part for me... I don't know, it did'nt seem real and, after all, at first I thought that he was phasing in front of Bella to attack Laurent (the talk with Bella was far my fav part of the trailer) and I was almost terrified! But then I realised that;s there are two different scences, and I was kinda relieved. But, still, I think that the phasing thing should be way better...
Hm...I thought exactly the opposite actually. I thought the phasing was amazing. I loved it. I loved the way it looked, I loved the sound of it, and I liked the wolf. I agree with SweetImpakt that the wolf maybe could have been a bit bigger.
Taylor looks so good, by the way!

Overall, I loved the trailer. They showed as a variety of scenes, and I liked them. It set my mind at ease on a few points of the movie. And it made me super-excited for the rest.

I think what people may need to differentiate is the "look" from the "execution" . Its a fine idea but the overall final product is not that great cg wise. especially considering what cg can do in movies these days. may be a budget issue.