Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Dovrebanen
Red-Eyed Vampire

Re: Worried about the New Moon movie?

Post by Dovrebanen »

rjupiter wrote:
Dovrebanen wrote:
despoina92 wrote:I'm not sure wether I liked it or not. It looked more than a movie than "Twilight" did and I think that they made the vampires even better here. But Jacob's transformation was the worst part for me... I don't know, it did'nt seem real and, after all, at first I thought that he was phasing in front of Bella to attack Laurent (the talk with Bella was far my fav part of the trailer) and I was almost terrified! But then I realised that;s there are two different scences, and I was kinda relieved. But, still, I think that the phasing thing should be way better...
Hm...I thought exactly the opposite actually. I thought the phasing was amazing. I loved it. I loved the way it looked, I loved the sound of it, and I liked the wolf. I agree with SweetImpakt that the wolf maybe could have been a bit bigger.
Taylor looks so good, by the way!

Overall, I loved the trailer. They showed as a variety of scenes, and I liked them. It set my mind at ease on a few points of the movie. And it made me super-excited for the rest.

I think what people may need to differentiate is the "look" from the "execution" . Its a fine idea but the overall final product is not that great cg wise. especially considering what cg can do in movies these days. may be a budget issue.
Well, I can't really differentiate the look from the execution. To me, the look is the movie. How it appears to me as a viewer. I have no experience with cgi. So the trained eye may see something else, but for me, the phasing was just so much better than I ever expected.
Rob's Halfway House ~ Team Edward ~ Cullenist ~
elizabella
Jump Starting Bella's Truck
Location: In our cottage, discussing the latest fashion trends with Alice.

Post by elizabella »

I cannot even begin to say how excited I am now for the NM movie. I don't know words to express it. It looks 180 degrees from Twilight. The Cullens finally look rich and sophisticated, they have the room with the white carpet. Bella looks pretty at the beginning and devastated when Edward leaves. When he just kisses her forehead...omg...I just about started crying.

As far as the wolves go, I think I'm in love. I was a freak and paused it when the transformation began and then went frame by frame and to watch Jacob turn into the wolf is really amazing. I don't think we have a reference yet for their size because there was nothing else in the trailer to compare the wolf to since Jacob's house is way in the background. Laurent looks terrifying and I am thrilled to see a much improved meadow instead of a stupid golf hole.

Is it November yet?

Alice's Party Planning Committe: (*bag carrier*)
Team Alice- Because sometimes it is better to be small.
rjupiter
Learning to Love Green

Post by rjupiter »

Dovrebanen wrote:
rjupiter wrote:
Dovrebanen wrote:
despoina92 wrote:I'm not sure wether I liked it or not. It looked more than a movie than "Twilight" did and I think that they made the vampires even better here. But Jacob's transformation was the worst part for me... I don't know, it did'nt seem real and, after all, at first I thought that he was phasing in front of Bella to attack Laurent (the talk with Bella was far my fav part of the trailer) and I was almost terrified! But then I realised that;s there are two different scences, and I was kinda relieved. But, still, I think that the phasing thing should be way better...
Hm...I thought exactly the opposite actually. I thought the phasing was amazing. I loved it. I loved the way it looked, I loved the sound of it, and I liked the wolf. I agree with SweetImpakt that the wolf maybe could have been a bit bigger.

Overall, I loved the trailer. They showed as a variety of scenes, and I liked them. It set my mind at ease on a few points of the movie. And it made me super-excited for the rest.

I think what people may need to differentiate is the "look" from the "execution" . Its a fine idea but the overall final product is not that great cg wise. especially considering what cg can do in movies these days. may be a budget issue.
Well, I can't really differentiate the look from the execution. To me, the look is the movie. How it appears to me as a viewer. I have no experience with cgi. So the trained eye may see something else, but for me, the phasing was just so much better than I ever expected.
yes, I will agree with you in that it is what a lot of people feel. For them it is a realization of something they wanted to see and in comparison to the prior movie it, as you say, "better than expected". However, when I say "look" and "execution" you can think of it this way. I might like how a sofa or shirt "looks" the colors and idea of it, but the exectution is poor, I can see threads, and holes and some stains, its needs some work. i.e. it has potential.
despoina92
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by despoina92 »

rjupiter wrote:
Dovrebanen wrote:
rjupiter wrote:
Dovrebanen wrote:

yes, I will agree with you in that it is what a lot of people feel. For them it is a realization of something they wanted to see and in comparison to the prior movie it, as you say, "better than expected". However, when I say "look" and "execution" you can think of it this way. I might like how a sofa or shirt "looks" the colors and idea of it, but the exectution is poor, I can see threads, and holes and some stains, its needs some work. i.e. it has potential.
That's totally my point, rjupiter. I was truly disappointed with the visual effects in "Twilight" most of time. Now that "Twilight" made a huge blockbuster, I was hopeful that the quality in "New Moon" would be way better. That;s why I felt disappointed with the whole phasing part.
And about the Cullens, in this trailer they seem "Cullen" to me, like the exact way that I imagined them. I just don't know yet... I hope there will be another trailer with more action sometime in the summer. OMG why November is so far away? Why did they air it so soon? Do they want to torture us?!
rjupiter
Learning to Love Green

Post by rjupiter »

despoina92 wrote:
That's totally my point, rjupiter. I was truly disappointed with the visual effects in "Twilight" most of time. Now that "Twilight" made a huge blockbuster, I was hopeful that the quality in "New Moon" would be way better. That;s why I felt disappointed with the whole phasing part.
And about the Cullens, in this trailer they seem "Cullen" to me, like the exact way that I imagined them. I just don't know yet... I hope there will be another trailer with more action sometime in the summer. OMG why November is so far away? Why did they air it so soon? Do they want to torture us?!
I agree, as you said, it did have the feel and look as "more of a movie" and I know it will be more meaty. I hold in reserve, but am wary, of the CG for this film. Yes, they have a little over 5 months to go to polish it up, however, if they were willing to include that part into such an early trailer is to me not a good sign. It means they were happy enough with the effect and thought it was good enough for the public to see. as it stands now it ranks up there with Sci-Fi Channel Original movie type quality, again not good.

As for the Cullens well they do look more posh and the house more rich but it felt more closed in and not as open and I am not to keen on the clothing. Still too Gap meets Old Navy and not Abercrombie and Fitch, which purely just the image I have in my head though.

My main concern is not with the over all look of the film or even the script, cause I know its tight to the books, it the acting, unfortunately.
despoina92

Post by despoina92 »

rjupiter wrote: My main concern is not with the over all look of the film or even the script, cause I know its tight to the books, it the acting, unfortunately.
Well, that's true. From some of the actors I expect better performances, though I'm not sure whether thay're capable of them.
What I really hope is that Kristen and Rob will get the feeling of the break up and the reunion. But I think that I shouldn't be very optimistic, since I believe it's very difficult...
rjupiter
Learning to Love Green

Post by rjupiter »

despoina92 wrote:
rjupiter wrote: My main concern is not with the over all look of the film or even the script, cause I know its tight to the books, it the acting, unfortunately.
Well, that's true. From some of the actors I expect better performances, though I'm not sure whether thay're capable of them.
What I really hope is that Kristen and Rob will get the feeling of the break up and the reunion. But I think that I shouldn't be very optimistic, since I believe it's very difficult...
and sadly they seem to confuse intensity and conflict with strained faces, awkward looks and staccato line delivery.
Dovrebanen
Red-Eyed Vampire

Post by Dovrebanen »

rjupiter wrote:
despoina92 wrote:
and sadly they seem to confuse intensity and conflict with strained faces, awkward looks and staccato line delivery.
I'm not too worried about the acting. I know Rob can do this. And from the clip, he seems to be doing good. His facial expression is very emotional, I think. I also think he mostly did an excellent job in Twilight. Kristen had her ups and downs in Twilight. Like the hospital scene, which wasn't very good. But I think she'll do much better in NM. This is her moment to shine, IMO, and I think she will. And the pictures from Italy were great. Both of them seem to put a lot of emotion into the reunion.
Taylor..I don't know much about him. His part in Twilight was small. But I think he can pull off playing Jacob. I have faith in him.

So my only main worry is sadly the script.
Rob's Halfway House ~ Team Edward ~ Cullenist ~
rjupiter
Learning to Love Green

Post by rjupiter »

Dovrebanen wrote:
rjupiter wrote:
despoina92 wrote:
I'm not too worried about the acting. I know Rob can do this. And from the clip, he seems to be doing good. His facial expression is very emotional, I think. I also think he mostly did an excellent job in Twilight. Kristen had her ups and downs in Twilight. Like the hospital scene, which wasn't very good. But I think she'll do much better in NM. This is her moment to shine, IMO, and I think she will. And the pictures from Italy were great. Both of them seem to put a lot of emotion into the reunion.
Taylor..I don't know much about him. His part in Twilight was small. But I think he can pull off playing Jacob. I have faith in him.

well I guess its in all what you like and expect. for me being able to kiss someone is not the same as being able to act with emotional depth. one is easy, guess which.

really she has her "moment to shine" in other films where she did a much better job, unless you are confining that comment to just this franchise.

The script is, in my opinion, much better this time around, though some wonky dialog.
despoina92

Post by despoina92 »

rjupiter wrote:
Dovrebanen wrote:
rjupiter wrote:
despoina92 wrote:

well I guess its in all what you like and expect. for me being able to kiss someone is not the same as being able to act with emotional depth. one is easy, guess which.

really she has her "moment to shine" in other films where she did a much better job, unless you are confining that comment to just this franchise.

The script is, in my opinion, much better this time around, though some wonky dialog.
I am mostly concerned about Kristen, too, because sometimes in Twilight she seemed just too wooden. I know she can act, I've seen her before, but I don't know if she wants to do it.
About Rob, I liked him very much in Twilight. He was the movie highlight from all perspectives. New Moon is way more difficult, though.