Discussion of the New Moon Movie

Moderator: bac

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Jazz Girl
Making beautiful music with Edward as only I can

Re: New Moon Movie Take 4...and a half

Post by Jazz Girl »

Yeah, I agree. I am completely freaked. That is just such a fast turn around time. If they wanted to do that, why didn't they just try to do a back-to-back shoot? I doesn't make a damn bit of sense, other than they are trying to rush it to cash in. Summitt still doesn't get it. We'd rather wait an extra several months for a quality adaptation, if that is what it takes, rather than just get something out there. TwilightSagaAddict I agree with you about the HP comparisons. But, I just wish Summitt was being as smart about Twilight as WB was about HP. WB really took the time to make sure that the movies were done right. I am not saying WB hasn't done some things for money (hello! July 21st release date anyone?) But, they never rushed anything with the excuse that the actors might get too old or any other such crap. Summitt is using Twilight to make their name. I can't say I fault them for that. But, they are doing it the wrong way. They are just trying to get anything out there, rather than the right thing. Damn it. And there's nothing we can do but hope and pray that Summitt comes to its' senses.
“Directing 7 Cullens at once=herding cats" :ROTFLMAO:
C-Dubs is TwitterRoyalty
Turning Page is Gospel~Ashley=MiniMe~HHBS
melting into you
Learning to Love Green

Post by melting into you »

I'm not sure if has surfaced on here yet, but what a difference between actors is all I can say. My mom taught me if I have nothing nice to say about a person, then don't say anything at all so no comment on Kristen, though I'm grinding my teeth shut, I'll be nice. Let the links speak for themselves. I love you Rob.I love you Taylor. I love you Jackson and the rest who really give their all!

http://perezhilton.com/2009-02-24-rober ... ls-explode

http://perezhilton.com/2009-02-24-twili ... s-a-whiner

PS: now sure this is the area this belongs.I figure since it's about the actors and NM coming our way soon enough it's okay? If not, forgive me. Wasn't sure where to put it. :)
threethings
Phase Control Expert

Post by threethings »

I've been looking forever for this video.
It's a fanmade trailer, and it has "Bring me back to life" as the song, can somebody give me a link to that?
Thanks!
■ E<3B ■ Banner Goddess ■ Taking Requests
ImageImage
switzgal
Acquiring a Taste for Mountain Lion

Post by switzgal »

threethings wrote:I've been looking forever for this video.
It's a fanmade trailer, and it has "Bring me back to life" as the song, can somebody give me a link to that?
Thanks!
I have it on my iPhone...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PQTXimrQlBk
threethings
Phase Control Expert

Post by threethings »

Thanks! I'm about to go convert it. Because I need to see it.
■ E<3B ■ Banner Goddess ■ Taking Requests
ImageImage
twilight1909
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by twilight1909 »

wow I haven't posted or even visited the Lex in so long. Feels nice. :)

I was watching E! earlier and there was talk about Vanessa Hudgens possibly being in New Moon.. you've got to be kidding me. Who would she even play? I don't want any High School Musical kids anywhere near the Twilight world. Dakota Fanning would make a great Jane, but I'll be ticked if Summit spends a lot of money on her. Every cent counts for this movie.

I'm pleasantly surprised by all the New Moon talk in the media. The craze of Twilight's release died down a while ago and NM is still months and months away. Just goes to show how much we're all anticipating it. I'm dying to know how this movie will turn out. (1000 x's better than Twilight I hope.)
And so the lion fell in love with the lamb… What a lucky lamb.
TEAM EDWARD: Knight in Shining Volvo
debussygirl
Joining the Hunt for Enemies

Post by debussygirl »

I don't think that disney people have enough talent to be in anything other than disney. And it's not like the need a name to make it big. Also, after someone like Vanessa Hudgens has her own lead role in something, it doesn't seem like she'd want such an "insignificant" part.
Team Edward&Esme~SBS Assistant 2 the Cobosses~APPC
St Cullens Head of Neurology~Tetrarch
Need something to read? Try http://www.jennacooper.com
UnfreakinBelievable
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by UnfreakinBelievable »

debussygirl wrote:I don't think that disney people have enough talent to be in anything other than disney. And it's not like the need a name to make it big. Also, after someone like Vanessa Hudgens has her own lead role in something, it doesn't seem like she'd want such an "insignificant" part.
I'm wondering if CW wants to put some bigger names in the next movie just to make it more professional, Oscar-worthy perhaps?? I'm sure he's trying to do everything he can to make New Moon better than Twilight, not that I don't have a soft spot in my heart for the original -- but they HAVE to make the next one better!!!!

p.s. debussygirl, I LOVE your banner!!!
debussygirl
Joining the Hunt for Enemies

Post by debussygirl »

Thanks. :)
I can't see CW putting in Vanessa Hudgens though, or any disney person. If he does want big names, he'll make it someone more classy and talented, like Dakota Fanning. I know some people don't like her, but you have to admit she's 10000000x better than anyone on the Disney Channel!!
And, ultimately, it's not like NM needs to get boosted even more. Whoever they get, most likely the same people will end up watching NM, mostly because I can't imagine a huge star wanting a smaller role, as in, not a main character.
Team Edward&Esme~SBS Assistant 2 the Cobosses~APPC
St Cullens Head of Neurology~Tetrarch
Need something to read? Try http://www.jennacooper.com
foreveredward16
Wandering Through Town

Post by foreveredward16 »

Where is the enthousiasm I am hoping to share with someone here! I love LOVE Dakota! She is an amazing and accomplished actress... she has played many different parts and molded into a loveable and believeable character since she was a little kid.
When I was 5 I wasn't even able to share crayons with other kids and she was the STAR in I am Sam..... She has Talent.

As far as the Twilight part coming into her career...... This is GREAT! With Makeup and a huge black hooded cloak... red eyes, pale skin...... What more is there to make Jane Perfect.... O wait... I got it... ACTING!
Thank god we have talent to pull off Jane's death stare! Lets pray she isn't some no name!
Think about it fans!
You are my life now!