Discussion of the New Moon Movie

Moderator: bac

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
spicey16
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Re: New Moon Movie Take 4...and a half

Post by spicey16 »

i dont think i can even watch and enjoy it if vanessa h gets a role.. i read she wanted to be LEAH!!! oh H no!! she would ruin it. stick to HSM babe!! as for everyone else talked about i think i approve ie Dakota F as jane would be perfect!! i mean did anyone see her in that creepy movie where she saw a ghost ( i cant think of the name of coarse) i also like AnnaLynn Mc-whatever from 90210.. i heard she will play Heidi. and she dates Kellan wonder how she got that role!! Anyway does anyone know of anyother big names that have been mentioned??
TopazLove
Learning to Love Green

Post by TopazLove »

I am thinking that Dakota will be doing these movies for less money than she is used to. I think she just want to be in them, and it is less about the money.
Devious Cullen
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by Devious Cullen »

It would definately be less money. Most movies she's in she has a leading role, her part in this is small. Plus, you can't get more than the leads - and judging by the budget, they aren't getting all that much (in Hollywood terms).
TJHoag
Settled in Forks

Post by TJHoag »

I honestly don't want Dakota Fanning in the movie, I think she is too big of a star for the movie. Stick with other actors that are not so main streamed as she is.
As for Chris directing NM I think he will do a great job. They are saying that alot of CGI is going to be used and he is suppose to be one of the better directors for that. I wish they would use him for Eclipse too, I think the budgets are going to get bigger with each film. More and more technology is going to be used to help create these movies.

TJHoag
twilightsagaaddict
Has Caught Sight of Edward

Post by twilightsagaaddict »

JazzGirl you are right on with the info about BD. The only place I've seen/heard about it was during Rob's interview at the Oscar's. It was very odd that while he knew they would be doing BD at some point, he had no idea about the release date for Eclipse.

Can someone at Summit please take a look the forums and see what the fans actually want to see?! While yes, for them it is about the money, wouldn't you think they would want to also turn out a quality product - one that we are willing to wait for? Sorry, just a little frustrated! ;)
Proud resident of Rob's Halfway House !!Image
Banner by TammyAZ
DumBumm
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by DumBumm »

TJHoag wrote:I honestly don't want Dakota Fanning in the movie, I think she is too big of a star for the movie. Stick with other actors that are not so main streamed as she is.
Yeah, i agree, they should stick to actors that are not as big.
melting into you
Learning to Love Green

Post by melting into you »

thanks everyone for the clearing of the fog in my brain. I remembered Jane in NM, but my brain went to BD totally forgetting about her in Eclipse. It's been awhile since I read them and I read them twice, back to back! I'm going to re-read them when we get closer to NM coming out.

You are so right that they need to lock her in for all the movies which is going to be hard since they aren't huge parts, but the rate they are going they can pin point the dates since it's all so close together. Robert said in the MTV video he was doing BD too so he must know something we don't. Was it confirmed by Summit? BD?

Again thanks everyone!
addictedbooklover
Has Caught Sight of Edward

Post by addictedbooklover »

I'm sure it said that Jane was supposed to have brown hair in the book... But Jane's such a small part, I don't mind much who plays her.

Team Jacethper! (Jacob, Seth and Jasper) Now, to fit Leah in there...

Thanks Cocoa for the banner :D

Edward_Addict
Completely Dazzled!

Post by Edward_Addict »

Jazz Girl, thanks a bunch for that video link!
And I'm glad you agree with me. I'm totally eager for the NM release, especially with CW directing, but I'll be seriously nail-bitingly nervous to see how Eclipse turns out after such a rush job. It would be beyond heartbreaking if they ruined not only such a great book from the series, but also screwed up on their third time around of making a Twilight movie. We can only hope for the best, and trust Summit... (a scary thought in and of itself!)
Image Image
melting into you
Learning to Love Green

Post by melting into you »

Did everyone see this as a possible for a director of Eclipse. If so I will be beyond upset. This is my favorite book. Why is it all feeling like a nightmare instead of joy and excitement as I felt as Twilight was being made?

http://hollywoodinsider.ew.com/2009/02/ ... ews-d.html

Edward_Addict super LOVE your signature of Jackson. So cool!! I could stare at it all day. Did you meet him?