Discussion of the New Moon Movie

Moderator: bac

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
xblgirl
Learning to Love Green

Re: New Moon Movie Take 4...and a half

Post by xblgirl »

The nut part was like, something that popped into my head. I was eating a brownie and eh lotsa people are allergic to nuts so why not? haha thanks
I'm an obsessed fan and not afraid to hide it :)
icunevermore
Wandering Through Town

Post by icunevermore »

I think Jodelle Ferland would be a good fit for Jane. That's how I saw her in my head.
I wanna be a Grizzly Bear just so Emmitt will tackle me.
http://www.myspace.com/icunevermore
littlelamb
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by littlelamb »

xblgirl wrote:Oh goodness littlelamb! That was amazing. I agree with what you said. But this is my opinion. I simply just don't like Dakota. She's just too annoying for me. I have no idea what it is about her, but she has this thing about her acting where 99.99% of the time it's over done or under done. Although Jane isn't a big role, it's just like putting one tiny little slice of a nut in brownies. Now, if the consumer was allergic to nuts and the baker knew that or by accident, the nut got in there, how do you think it'll end? The consumer will be in the hospital and the baker loses business. Now to make this simile make sense, consumer=viewer. Nut=Dakota. Baker=Summit/Chris Weitz. See how it goes? Well, that's just my opinion, and personally, I think I could do a MUCH better job than Dakota, even if it IS a small part.
The nut analogy is brilliant! :lol: I personally don't have a problem with Dakota but maybe I will after I see the movie. Who knows? I guess I am just waiting to see it before I form any opinions or decisions. I wasn't thrilled about Nikki playing Rosalie but in the end I really enjoyed her performance and I was able to get past any reservations I had had before. Either way, I am just hoping that the movie is great and does the story justice. Oh yes, and thank you. Now all I can think about is having a brownie (which prefer without nuts)! ;)
Edward_Addict
Completely Dazzled!

Post by Edward_Addict »

Here's some new interviews from the stars talking about the NM movie...
http://www.collider.com/entertainment/i ... 703&tcid=1

I think Edi is particularly funny, but that's just me :D
Image Image
xblgirl
Learning to Love Green

Post by xblgirl »

littlelamb wrote:
xblgirl wrote:Oh goodness littlelamb! That was amazing. I agree with what you said. But this is my opinion. I simply just don't like Dakota. She's just too annoying for me. I have no idea what it is about her, but she has this thing about her acting where 99.99% of the time it's over done or under done. Although Jane isn't a big role, it's just like putting one tiny little slice of a nut in brownies. Now, if the consumer was allergic to nuts and the baker knew that or by accident, the nut got in there, how do you think it'll end? The consumer will be in the hospital and the baker loses business. Now to make this simile make sense, consumer=viewer. Nut=Dakota. Baker=Summit/Chris Weitz. See how it goes? Well, that's just my opinion, and personally, I think I could do a MUCH better job than Dakota, even if it IS a small part.
The nut analogy is brilliant! :lol: I personally don't have a problem with Dakota but maybe I will after I see the movie. Who knows? I guess I am just waiting to see it before I form any opinions or decisions. I wasn't thrilled about Nikki playing Rosalie but in the end I really enjoyed her performance and I was able to get past any reservations I had had before. Either way, I am just hoping that the movie is great and does the story justice. Oh yes, and thank you. Now all I can think about is having a brownie (which prefer without nuts)! ;)
Eh I guess you're right, but I just don't like Dakota. I mean, in my opinion, her acting is horrific. It isn't always the best and it's always under or over done. Never perfect. Idk, if she doesn't screw up the rest of the movies, I might be ok with it but, until then, my opinion will stay the same.
I'm an obsessed fan and not afraid to hide it :)
twi-nerd
Fishing with Charlie

Post by twi-nerd »

Stephenie should make a cameo appearance in the movie in the scene of the theatre with Jessica when someone shushes Bella it should show Stephenie.
My favorite band Pierce the Veil. I LOVE VIC FUENTES!! Thank you so much Chloe for the banner.
AliceFan
Wandering Through Town

Post by AliceFan »

who_needs_fangs? wrote:Actually, since Disney jumped ship from the third Narnia movie, filming of 'Dawn Treader' may be delayed for quite a bit while Walden looks for a co-financier.
Turns out that Fox will be co-producing "The Voyage of the Dawn Treader", so it's a go. And yes, that might put Ben Barnes out of the New Moon picture; however, I still think he would make a fantastic Aro. I just finished re-reading "New Moon" for the second time. I didn't envision Aro as being someone in mid-life specifically. Longish black hair, pale, almost translucent skin, milky crimson eyes, regal, suave, deadly....yeah, I can see Barnes doing justice to that role, although I admit I much prefer him as a 'good guy' (maybe it's his killer smile).

Anyway, it's fun to speculate, isn't it? I just hope the scriptwriters don't change the fundamental characters of the books. (As what happened with Faramir in "The Two Towers", but don't get me started on that one!) Well, no matter who they select for the new roles, I'm certainly going to be one of the first in line to see "New Moon" when it comes out!
DumBumm
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by DumBumm »

AliceFan wrote:
who_needs_fangs? wrote:Actually, since Disney jumped ship from the third Narnia movie, filming of 'Dawn Treader' may be delayed for quite a bit while Walden looks for a co-financier.
Turns out that Fox will be co-producing "The Voyage of the Dawn Treader", so it's a go. And yes, that might put Ben Barnes out of the New Moon picture; however, I still think he would make a fantastic Aro. I just finished re-reading "New Moon" for the second time. I didn't envision Aro as being someone in mid-life specifically. Longish black hair, pale, almost translucent skin, milky crimson eyes, regal, suave, deadly....yeah, I can see Barnes doing justice to that role, although I admit I much prefer him as a 'good guy' (maybe it's his killer smile).

Anyway, it's fun to speculate, isn't it? I just hope the scriptwriters don't change the fundamental characters of the books. (As what happened with Faramir in "The Two Towers", but don't get me started on that one!) Well, no matter who they select for the new roles, I'm certainly going to be one of the first in line to see "New Moon" when it comes out!

When you went to see twilight did anyone scream in the movies?? i went the first day, and everyone in there just screamed... i couldn't even hear the movie. it was so annoying.
sarah!
Digging the Castle Motif
Location: Tieing Derek in thunderball, having poke wars with Logan, and woiloping with sam!

Post by sarah! »

Yeah, people were screaming when there was 1 minute left until the midnight release and we had a countdown. lol I actually participated in the countdown! But what made me mad was, during the movie there would be random outbursts of screams which made me mad.
ImageImage
BLF-Logan, Twinny-Chels, Jell-o! My Twi-guys-Derek and Logs, Lemur 4 LIFE!
RussetRose♥
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by RussetRose♥ »

DumBumm wrote:
AliceFan wrote:

When you went to see twilight did anyone scream in the movies?? i went the first day, and everyone in there just screamed... i couldn't even hear the movie. it was so annoying.
Yeah, that happened to me too. There were these boys in the front that would not shut up and a bunch of little girls who were acting like they were five years. All of them would not stop screaming. It got really annoying. Other people would just start yelling 'shut up' and 'be quiet'. And eventually, it kinda worked.

"Did you know, you're sort of beautiful?"
"You hit your head pretty hard, didn't you?"