Discussion of the New Moon Movie

Moderator: bac

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
UnfreakinBelievable
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Re: New Moon Movie Take 4...and a half

Post by UnfreakinBelievable »

porscheturbo911 wrote:I'm sooo excited for NM!! I really hope it's better than Twilight was. I was so disappointed with Twilight after all that anticipation. I actually really like the idea of Dakota Fanning being Jane. She's such a talented actress, and I'm sure she would be a fantastic Jane. And holy moly; I'm so pumped that it's being filmed in Vancouver, BC. When Twilight was being filmed in Portland, I was so annoyed cause I lived maybe 6 hours away, but now, if I somehow find out where exactly they are filming, I can go and try to see the set!
Ooooh, if you happen to get some pics please share them!! I heard it's a closed set so it may be harder to get pics this time. But if you do, hooray!! :D

I'm also hoping for a better movie this time -- and it just has to be, with a bigger budget, the actors are more experienced, and a different director. I'm always going to love the Twilight movie, but I'm hoping that each movie that comes out will be an improvement from the last.

This year is going to DRAG by while we wait for this movie -- ahhhhh!!! CAN.NOT.WAIT!!! :D
UnfreakinBelievable

debussygirl wrote:
olpatlanta wrote:
Allison wrote:Yay, I just read that the Italian studio that released Twilight in Italy has set up arrangements with Chris Weitz for filming in Voltera in May!! I'd love to be there for that scene!!
Here's the article link-
http://www.variety.com/article/VR111799 ... id=19&cs=1
Yay!! I'm glad that they're using the actual city. That scene is going to be beautiful!
Oh, I have to add that I'm COMPLETELY stoked that they're filming in Volterra -- I agree, this is going to be awesome and beautiful . . . the Italy part alone will make the whole movie for me.
xoxolilerica18
Settled in Forks

Post by xoxolilerica18 »

-veiled- wrote:
twilighter_alice wrote:Oh, Gosh.
I just saw that their thinking of using Dakota Fanning for Jane.

Personally, I do NOT think Dakota Fanning is fit to play Jane.

Who should?!

Jodelle Ferland
http://content7.flixster.com/photo/10/8 ... 49_gal.jpg

You can NOT tell me she doesn't look the part!

*sighs* I cannot wait until New Moon. :D
where is Jodelle Ferland from? i mean wut movies did she play in.
"And so the lion fell in love with the lamb"

"What a stupid lamb"

"What a sick, masochistic lion"
TopazLove
Learning to Love Green

Post by TopazLove »

It looks like we won't get a decent trailer until after May, because they aren't even filming the Italy stuff until then.

http://news.popstar.com/Article/638

ETA:OOPS! I just noticed the previous post about this!!
Edward_Addict
Completely Dazzled!

Post by Edward_Addict »

Possible Heidi cast? Hmm...
http://news.yahoo.com/s/eonline/20090205/en_tv_eo/82422

Oh and I'm a little confused. That article says they're filming in Washington state, but I thought they were going to Vancouver, BC? Weird. If they return to old locations from Twilight, they'd be going to Oregon. Oh who the heck knows. I just wish I knew exactly where they'd be so I could take a drive and check it out :D
Image Image
JessicaIsIntoxicated
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by JessicaIsIntoxicated »

I'm confused. Am I missing something? Does this mean the Cullen's and Bella are going to have new homes? Or are they still doing some filming in Oregon?
TEAM EDWARD: Knight in Shining Volvo
UnfreakinBelievable

^^
I hope they don't find new homes -- but on the other hand, if they find a Cullen home that is more like the description in the book, that would be cool . . .

Anyway, I'm just telling myself that it's all just speculation until something official comes out . . . it seems like they're withholding all information to make us go crazy!!!! :shock:
Vanquish
Jump Starting Bella's Truck
Location: Melbourne, Australia...cruising with Edward in his Vanquish

Post by Vanquish »

UnfreakinBelievable wrote:^^
I hope they don't find new homes -- but on the other hand, if they find a Cullen home that is more like the description in the book, that would be cool . . .

Anyway, I'm just telling myself that it's all just speculation until something official comes out . . . it seems like they're withholding all information to make us go crazy!!!! :shock:
Yeah it would've been nice if the Cullen house in Twilight was like the one in the book.

And yea lol they are telling us all these different locations. Probz to keep fans from showing up at the sets. Also most likely most of the movie will be a closed set. I'm sure they'll keep Bella's house the same. It could ruin that part of the movie if they changed it. And they will have to go to Oregon (I think thats how you spell it. Don't know. I'm from Aust) because thats where Bella's house is and the school. They might just go for a couple of days and pretend to say that they're shooting in Vancouver or Italy to throw the fans.

TEAM EDWARD
"For the first time in a century, I felt hope."
"I squared my shoulders and walked forward to meet my fate, with my destiny solidly at my side."
True believer in Cullenism.
DumBumm
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by DumBumm »

xoxolilerica18 wrote:
-veiled- wrote:
twilighter_alice wrote:Oh, Gosh.
I just saw that their thinking of using Dakota Fanning for Jane.

Personally, I do NOT think Dakota Fanning is fit to play Jane.

Who should?!

Jodelle Ferland
http://content7.flixster.com/photo/10/8 ... 49_gal.jpg

You can NOT tell me she doesn't look the part!

*sighs* I cannot wait until New Moon. :D
where is Jodelle Ferland from? i mean wut movies did she play in.
Couldn't agree more, -veiled-, she would be an excellent jane!

Too xoxolilerica18, she has aired in alot of TV shows, one of them being a main character and some movies.

main character in TV series - Stephen King's Kingdom Hospital a thirteen-episode miniseries

Guest appearance in TV series (big ones) - Dark Angel, Smallville, Dead Like Me, The Collector and Supernatural.

Movies (big ones) - Tideland, Silent Hill (which was her big role), The Messengers and BloodRayne II: Deliverance.
UnfreakinBelievable

^^
I was just looking at the movies that Jodelle has been in -- pretty creepy stuff!! Don't you think that being in those movies can warp a kid after a while? I just think it's strange that she does so many psycho movies for such a young age. She's such a cute girl, she should do something different to avoid being type-cast.

I think that Dakota will do an amazing job, she has acted in a variety of roles including that freaky Hide and Seek, and that's when she was a few years younger. I really think she could pull it off well.

Totally off-subject:
Did you guys see that article where they quoted Stephen King as saying (talking about J.K. Rowling and Stephenie Meyer):
Both Rowling and Meyer, they’re speaking directly to young people. ... The real difference is that Jo Rowling is a terrific writer and Stephenie Meyer can’t write worth a darn. She’s not very good.
I was stunned at reading this!! First off, what makes Stephen King the authority on who is a good writer and who isn't? He's a writer, and has had many of his books be made into movies -- yay for him. It doesn't mean his books are any better than anyone else's -- in my opinion, he's just got a really warped sense of reality and is able to tell strange stories that freak people out and so are therefore popular.

Secondly, he slams other writers beside Stephenie in this article -- that doesn't seem like the best idea to publicly trash your fellow writers -- not a good way to win friends. Seems like he needs to pull people down to make himself feel better perhaps?? Dunno, the whole feeling I got from the article made me kinda upset. :evil:

Stephen's about to feel the wrath of the Twilight community -- watch out Mr. King, we don't take trashing our favorite author very lightly!! :twisted:

(sorry -- didn't know where to post that and I had to get it out of my system -- I feel much better now!!)