Moderator: bac

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Vanquish
Jump Starting Bella's Truck
Location: Melbourne, Australia...cruising with Edward in his Vanquish

Re: New Moon Movie Take 4...and a half

Post by Vanquish »

Yeah NM has a bigger budget than Twilight. The owners of Summit Entertainment said it somewhere in a interview. They should spend every bit of it in the special effects....and learn a bit or two from the Harry Potter movies or smth before they spend it.

TEAM EDWARD
"For the first time in a century, I felt hope."
"I squared my shoulders and walked forward to meet my fate, with my destiny solidly at my side."
True believer in Cullenism.
navarre
Finding Stuff in Billy's Trunk

Post by navarre »

Vanquish wrote:Yeah NM has a bigger budget than Twilight. The owners of Summit Entertainment said it somewhere in a interview. They should spend every bit of it in the special effects....and learn a bit or two from the Harry Potter movies or smth before they spend it.
Well unless they have changed their minds, it was only going to be 50 million for the budget - gee, how generous guys. :x

I'm not holding my breath, but maybe CW can pull a rabbit out of his hat and outdo everything. We'll see.
Paranormal/Romance/Adventure Addict
JenJen2112
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by JenJen2112 »

^^I know it has gone up. I think its closer to 80 million now which is a pretty nice number
navarre

Post by navarre »

JenJen2112 wrote:^^I know it has gone up. I think its closer to 80 million now which is a pretty nice number

Good! That is very good to hear. There may be hope yet.
shortstuff
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by shortstuff »

i heard 80 million somewhere too.. that's decent, i think..
Hawaii214
Wandering Through Town

Post by Hawaii214 »

80Millin?...Wow!how much did they spend on twilight? :shock:
"Death, that hath Sucked the Honey from thy Breath, hath had no Power yet upon thy Beauty"-Edward Cullen
"Enjoying the Bouquet, while Resisting the Wine"-Edward Cullen
Vanquish
Location: Melbourne, Australia...cruising with Edward in his Vanquish

Post by Vanquish »

Hawaii214 wrote:80Millin?...Wow!how much did they spend on twilight? :shock:
They spent 37 million on Twilight. I googled it. And lol the budget for the first harry potter movie was 137 million....

hmmm.. is all I can say. Maybe SM should've waited until her books got bigger to sign on a better production company than Summit...because Summit said that it will never spend that much...in an interview. "Its not going to sell out like the big companies" they said ...or smth like that. I can't remember.

But hmm....

TEAM EDWARD
"For the first time in a century, I felt hope."
"I squared my shoulders and walked forward to meet my fate, with my destiny solidly at my side."
True believer in Cullenism.
littlelamb

Post by littlelamb »

Vanquish wrote:
They spent 37 million on Twilight. I googled it. And lol the budget for the first harry potter movie was 137 million....

hmmm.. is all I can say. Maybe SM should've waited until her books got bigger to sign on a better production company than Summit...because Summit said that it will never spend that much...in an interview. "Its not going to sell out like the big companies" they said ...or smth like that. I can't remember.

But hmm....

Well I am not so sure more money = a better movie in all instances. I mean sometimes, I think the movie companies just waste a lot of that money and it's actually really ridiculous. When there are people homeless and starving in the world and we are trying to find a cure for cancer or AIDS and companies are spending hundreds of millions of dollars on entertainment, there is something wrong with that. Don't get me wrong, I love movies, but I don't think they have to spend nearly as much to make them. Also, I think that the movie really helped to make SM's books even bigger. I support her decision to go with Summit and I think New Moon will be great. Well, at least that's what I'm hoping ;)
navarre

Post by navarre »

Vanquish wrote:

But hmm....
I agree. I would like to think that any other production company would have been better than Summitt, like maybe Icon Entertainment. idk.

BTW, as I said yesterday, vanquish, your banner is off the charts!! That, along with your avatar are...whoa!!!
JenJen2112
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by JenJen2112 »

From what I know, MTV films had the rights first and turned them over to Summit. I think I might have been happier with MTV.