New Moon Movie Take 4...and a half

Discussion of the New Moon Movie

Moderator: bac

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Locked
lauren00
Wandering Through Town
Posts: 31
Joined: Tue Jan 27, 2009 2:27 pm

Re: New Moon Movie Take 4...and a half

Post by lauren00 »

i agree. i really have my hopes up for alec, i hope they make him look creepy. ooh and jane!
Image

RussetRose♥
Banging Out Dents with Tyler
Posts: 307
Joined: Mon Sep 29, 2008 3:51 pm
Location: In My Happy Place With Jacob

Re: New Moon Movie Take 4...and a half

Post by RussetRose♥ »

switzgal wrote:Dakota close to signing??

http://network.nationalpost.com/np/blog ... -deal.aspx
Whoa...! She did? I thought that she was just really close to signing.
Image

"Did you know, you're sort of beautiful?"
"You hit your head pretty hard, didn't you?"

Sullie06
Learning to Love Green
Posts: 75
Joined: Fri Oct 24, 2008 1:40 pm

Re: New Moon Movie Take 4...and a half

Post by Sullie06 »

nafereti wrote:
kimbatron wrote:I hope Dakota doesnt have a growth spurt between now and if they ever shoot breaking dawn. :?

I do think she suits the role though, I'm slowly seeing that she will be great for it, it's just her age is the problem for me.
Well Dakota is 14, the same age as Jodelle Ferland. So yeah, has anyone seen RESENT pictures of Jodelle Ferland? I wonder if she grew up.
Found this:
http://www.teenidols4you.com/thumb/Acto ... 079659.jpg
Image
Image

littlelamb
Jump Starting Bella's Truck
Posts: 128
Joined: Thu Dec 11, 2008 1:39 pm
Location: Snuggled up next to a sparkling lion

Re: New Moon Movie Take 4...and a half

Post by littlelamb »

DumBumm wrote:
littlelamb wrote:
DumBumm wrote:As for Ben Barns i have always pictured him as Demetri... but he is doing the third Installment of The Chronicles Of Narnia... does anyone think he be able to play in New Moon.

If Dakota does get the part, and she pulls it off, it would be great, or we want is someone who can pull of Jane.
but i agree with AliceFan, Dakota is to much of a A-lister, and if you look at Lord of the Rings, there wasn't really big name actors, take Orlando Bloom, i had never seen or hard of him before, then he played in Lord of the Rings, and now look at him... i think it be much better to have unknown actors to play any part of New Moon, we are always seeing the same people over and over again... we need new faces.

I'm gonna have to disagree with you about Lord of the Rings. Elijah Wood (huge child star and has been in the biz for quite a while not unlike Dakota herself), Cate Blanchett (Oscar winner), Sean Astin ( another child star due to Goonies), Ian McKellan(Oscar winner), Viggo Mortenson and Liv Tyler were all pretty well known BEFORE Lord of the Rings so that whole idea about it not having any big names in it doesn't really hold up. Also, none of the Twilight stars were big name actors until the Twilight movie so the request for fresh new faces was pretty much granted with the first movie, so throwing one better known star in is not going to collapse the whole film. Jane is an important character but not a major in your face throughout the whole story kind of character.
I disagree, Elijah Wood, yes he was big as a child star, but with all child stars they have to pick them selfs up, and Lord Of The Rings did that. Cate Blanchett, i agree, she is big... but, she was in the movies for, what 2 parts. Sean Astin, okay well, i disagree, he was big but not as big as, he wasn't a major star, and he wasn't as big as Elijah Wood. Ian McKellan, yes i agree with you there.
Viggo Mortenson and Liv Tyler i disagree, they wont big, Liv Tyler was big because of her dad, and when she did Lord Of The Rings, thats when she got recognized, by her talent. Viggo Mortenson was not big either, ever since he has done Lord Of The Rings I've never seen him in as much movies as i did before, he was a not big star!
So no, most of them wont A-list stars, only, like, two.
I thought it might be important to point a few things out to you. Now, let me just say that I am not trying to start a fight. I just want you to understand that when you choose to publicly spew forth information, you should ALWAYS have your facts straight. This is only meant to help you, so don't take offense. It could be and age thing since many younger people haven't seen as many movies that are considered cult classics or faves of the generation above them. This is no fault of your own; it's just the way the world works. However, just because you are not familiar with an actor or their work, it doesn’t mean they are not well known. They just aren't well known to you.
Let's begin with Liv Tyler. Is she the daughter of Steven Tyler? Yes. Did that bring her some degree of fame? Again, I say yes. Was she well known to the general public because of it? Yes. However, I choose to disagree with you about when her acting talent was recognized. In Empire Records, Stealing Beauty, That Thing You Do, Inventing the Abbotts and a little movie called ARMAGEDDON, she played the lead female roles which were all BEFORE Lord of the Rings. Yet somehow she managed to go unrecognized through all of those movies. I mean it is pretty easy to be shadowed by a giant fictional asteroid. I bet she goes to sleep every night thanking her lucky stars that Lord of the Rings came along.
Now of course we come to Elijah Wood. A child star that has continued to act since his career started. Even though some of his films may not have been blockbusters, there were a lot independent films in there which garnered him many accolades from both his peers and audience who enjoy a movie off the beaten path. Forever Young, The Adventures of Huck Finn, The Good Son, Flipper, The Ice Sorm, Deep Impact and The Faculty all must have meant nothing since he was in such trouble that he needed Lord of the Rings to pick himself up from those failures. Phew! That was close.
Now on to another child star, Sean Astin. Perhaps movies such as Goonies, White Water Summer, The War of the Roses, Memphis Belle, Toy Soldiers, Encino Man, Courage Under Fire and a little movie called Rudy mean nothing to you. Once again, I blame that on age. However, I feel it necessary to point out to you that many people know who Sean is and get a great deal of enjoyment out of his movies. What is it that they say about Rudy? Ah yes, it is listed as one of the most inspirational films of all time not to mention one of the top sports films of all time. Sounds pretty pathetic for such an unknown actor. Sean who?
Moving along I bring to light some of the films you may not be familiar with that include Viggo. Now, I will say that Lord of the Rings brought forth his most notable character but you cannot say he was not well known. He was in Crimson Tide, GI Jane, A Perfect Murder, Psycho and 28 Days just to name a few. Although you may have been a bit young to have seen some of those when they came out so I can't totally blame you for not knowing who he was. However, not being well known to you does not equate to him not being well known by everyone. There is a world outside of your bubble even though I know that's hard to believe sometimes. You're going to have to face this realization more times that you would like so I just want to prepare you.
On the other hand, I would like to thank you for agreeing with me about Cate and Ian. Although, I feel the need to point out that you mention how small Cate's part was. Well, Jane, although an important character, does not have a lot going on in New Moon so Dakota will barely be in there either. Also, I never once said that MOST of the actors in Lord of the Rings were A-Listers. In fact that's your term and I never used it once. You stated that the movie did not contain any big name actors and I felt compelled to point out the flaws in your statement. As I have already mentioned, just because those people are not big names in your world it doesn't mean they aren't in the real world. And, since you agreed with me about Cate and Ian being big names, your original statement was already proven to be invalid. You said there weren’t any big name actors in Lord of the Rings. Another point to make (and as said before this is all to help you) is that Dakota Fanning does not qualify as an A-lister. People such as Tom Hanks, Tom Cruise, Johnny Depp, Julia Roberts, Meryl Streep and Gwyneth Paltrow are A-listers. Since none of them will be in the movie I don't think we have to worry about them destroying the film. Besides, at this point, Rob and Kristen are bigger than Dakota Fanning!
So to round things up, it's always a good idea to have your facts straight before making a public declaration. Also, when attempting a rebuttal make sure your points are strong and valid. You might even want to offer up supporting evidence which means something that is not your opinion. I really hope that helps you out. The world is big and full of people who will challenge you every day. You need to be prepared. Good luck! :D
Image

dazzled_101
Settled in Forks
Posts: 22
Joined: Fri Nov 28, 2008 3:15 pm

Re: New Moon Movie Take 4...and a half

Post by dazzled_101 »

Okay so I saw a post in this board about Lucy Hale not getting the role for Jane??
are you serious? shes perfect. I mean look at that face! I can so see her playing something cute but evil!
deadly evil.

http://bionic-blog.com/wp-content/uploa ... cf8170.JPG

just look at that pale face! I wish she had gotten the role!


and the other day I saw The Curious Case of Benjamin Button and the most prettiest little girl came on. The first thougt that I had was "she HAS to be Reneesme in breaking dawn!" If they ever make Breaking dawn into a movie, they have to have Elle Fanning. If you guys have not watched that movie, you need to watch it! Elle Fanning looked so pretty with the red hair and pale face and her EYES! they poped and she just looked unbelevably [sp?] gorgeous! You guys have to watch that movie lol. With the hair and makeup she could pull off a vampire.

http://www.elle-fanning.net/images/albu ... omo004.jpg

seeing Dakotas sister make me more optomistic about her playing Jane now.
Image

JenJen2112
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye
Posts: 406
Joined: Tue Dec 02, 2008 5:40 pm
Location: Michigan

Re: New Moon Movie Take 4...and a half

Post by JenJen2112 »

Thank you littlelamb, I've been thinking the same thing. I'm glad someone finally said something.
Image

xblgirl
Learning to Love Green
Posts: 75
Joined: Wed Jan 28, 2009 8:58 pm
Contact:

Re: New Moon Movie Take 4...and a half

Post by xblgirl »

Oh goodness littlelamb! That was amazing. I agree with what you said. But this is my opinion. I simply just don't like Dakota. She's just too annoying for me. I have no idea what it is about her, but she has this thing about her acting where 99.99% of the time it's over done or under done. Although Jane isn't a big role, it's just like putting one tiny little slice of a nut in brownies. Now, if the consumer was allergic to nuts and the baker knew that or by accident, the nut got in there, how do you think it'll end? The consumer will be in the hospital and the baker loses business. Now to make this simile make sense, consumer=viewer. Nut=Dakota. Baker=Summit/Chris Weitz. See how it goes? Well, that's just my opinion, and personally, I think I could do a MUCH better job than Dakota, even if it IS a small part.
Image
I'm an obsessed fan and not afraid to hide it :)

nafereti
Has Caught Sight of Edward
Posts: 1057
Joined: Tue Nov 25, 2008 4:10 am
Location: roll'n wit the turtles, run'n wit the wolves & Taylor's Left Pec
Contact:

Re: New Moon Movie Take 4...and a half

Post by nafereti »

WOW LITTLELAMB!!
I can't believe I actually read your whole post...LOL with that said, I totally agree with you 100%
I'm in my late teens moving onto my early 20's and I actually recognized some of the movies you mentioned. The Armageddon, Deep Impact, The Faculty, Goonies, Toy Soldiers, and Rudy are all apart of my ALL TIME FAVORITE MOVIES!!
So you're right. People in Lord of the Rings were known before it all came out.

Jodelle or Dakota... doesn't matter which one they pick. I just want New Moon to come out already!!
Image
Image
Team Turtle//Skank Pack-Tay's L.Pec//Dork Squad-SuperSonicSamoan
TEAM TAYCOB WEBSITE: http://teamtaycob.webs.com/

TopazLove
Learning to Love Green
Posts: 77
Joined: Sun Sep 07, 2008 2:20 pm

Re: New Moon Movie Take 4...and a half

Post by TopazLove »

xblgirl wrote:Although Jane isn't a big role, it's just like putting one tiny little slice of a nut in brownies. Now, if the consumer was allergic to nuts and the baker knew that or by accident, the nut got in there, how do you think it'll end? The consumer will be in the hospital and the baker loses business. Now to make this simile make sense, consumer=viewer. Nut=Dakota. Baker=Summit/Chris Weitz. See how it goes?
Kind of a leap, but that made me laugh (in a good way!!) :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: "N=Dakota" :lol: ....I am not being sarcastic, that was funny! :P I am going to have to use that one if they cast Vanessa Hudgens.....

nafereti
Has Caught Sight of Edward
Posts: 1057
Joined: Tue Nov 25, 2008 4:10 am
Location: roll'n wit the turtles, run'n wit the wolves & Taylor's Left Pec
Contact:

Re: New Moon Movie Take 4...and a half

Post by nafereti »

TopazLove wrote:
xblgirl wrote:Although Jane isn't a big role, it's just like putting one tiny little slice of a nut in brownies. Now, if the consumer was allergic to nuts and the baker knew that or by accident, the nut got in there, how do you think it'll end? The consumer will be in the hospital and the baker loses business. Now to make this simile make sense, consumer=viewer. Nut=Dakota. Baker=Summit/Chris Weitz. See how it goes?
Kind of a leap, but that made me laugh (in a good way!!) :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: "N=Dakota" :lol: ....I am not being sarcastic, that was funny! :P I am going to have to use that one if they cast Vanessa Hudgens.....
I have to agree. That is funny.. I never really thought about it that way :lol:
Image
Image
Team Turtle//Skank Pack-Tay's L.Pec//Dork Squad-SuperSonicSamoan
TEAM TAYCOB WEBSITE: http://teamtaycob.webs.com/

Locked