Discussion of the New Moon Movie

Moderator: bac

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
josierose
Wandering Through Town

Re: New Moon Movie Take 4...and a half

Post by josierose »

I'm happy with Dakota Fanning playing Jane. I know a lot of people wanted Jodelle Ferland, but I don’t think she looks innocent enough... Hopefully they dye Dakota's hair...
Disney stars on NM? I don’t think that would be a good idea. At least not the main stream Disney stars anyway, it looks like they only want the opportunity for more fame.
I have no signature so I decided to credit my icon that I got from HERE.
Edward_Addict
Completely Dazzled!

Post by Edward_Addict »

I'm really wary about the quick release date of Eclipse. I know they're trying to keep up momentum, but I hope it's not at the expense of a quality movie. I think Eclipse would definitely be the most visually dynamic movie of the series, and it cannot be screwed up.
I'm also a little sad that CW will not be directing Eclipse. I mean, if he (hopefully) does a good job with NM then who can they get to make the 3rd one just as great?

Also, is Dakota definitely named to play Jane yet? If there's still nothing official, they need to get on that soon! Filming starts next month, people...

Does anyone have a link to the Rob interview where he's surprised about the Eclipse release date and hints to Breaking Dawn being a go? Would love to see that.
Image Image
Jazz Girl
Making beautiful music with Edward as only I can

Post by Jazz Girl »

Edward_Addict, with you on both points, friend. When I read that not only had they set a release date a mere 8 months after NM, and then that they knew CW wasn't directing because he'd still be in postproduction...That's just insane. If they were so damned determined to release it on that schedule, they should have waited a few months on NM, gotten both scripts right and done a single shoot for both. That is the only way that kind of turn around time would work.

Anyway, here is the link to the MTV interview piece about Eclipse. It is honestly really shocking that they are giving a release date, but apparently haven't talked to even the lead actors about scheduling or anything else.

http://www.mtv.com/videos/movies/344048 ... id=1605571

There are two other videos that should come up as related. They are continuations of the same interview. One has him talking about New Moon, which really excites me. And, the other has him just talking about all the insanity of Twilight and his life since. It's kind of funny, poor boy.
“Directing 7 Cullens at once=herding cats" :ROTFLMAO:
C-Dubs is TwitterRoyalty
Turning Page is Gospel~Ashley=MiniMe~HHBS
melting into you
Learning to Love Green

Post by melting into you »

Do we know for sure if they are doing Breaking Dawn? I read on one web site it was a go, now I can't remember which site I read it on.

All of this is so rushed, I don't get it. What is the need to pump all these out so fast? It's not like they need to worry about the fan base. Also the actors aren't going to age that fast in a year. I too am very worried about Eclipse. It's my favorite book, especially the tent scene. So much happens in that book, and I'd rather as a fan wait and they get it right.

I also agree that if they knew they were pumping these out so fast, why didn't they just have Chris do both back to back with enough time needed? I don't mind different directors, I do mind the rushing. This is a huge turnaround. NM Nov. 20th. Eclipse June 2010. They also have a lot of young actors on there, like Taylor who are going to be restricted to how long they can film per day.

Has Dakota been confirmed? I heard they start rehearsing in March and film in April.
Jazz Girl

Post by Jazz Girl »

Melting Into You, in one of the MTV interviews from the Oscars, Rob let's something slip about, "and then of course we'll be working on the 4th one, too." It is the only slip we've heard that Breaking Dawn has been greenlighted. Of course, that could only be his assumption, but I don't see him saying anything like that without reason to think it is going to happen.

No, the last official word we had was about a month ago that they were in contract talks to secure Dakota Fanning as Jane but nothing had been finalized. I am betting a sticking point is Eclipse and Breaking Dawn. They will want her back, even for the "bit part" in Eclipse, and I can see her agent having issues with committing to two additional films.
C-Dubs is TwitterRoyalty
Caitygirl1
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by Caitygirl1 »

melting into you wrote:All of this is so rushed, I don't get it. What is the need to pump all these out so fast? It's not like they need to worry about the fan base. Also the actors aren't going to age that fast in a year. I too am very worried about Eclipse. It's my favorite book, especially the tent scene. So much happens in that book, and I'd rather as a fan wait and they get it right.

I agree with you here, as much as I am excited to hear that we wont have to wait long to see both movies, it breaks my heart at how rushed it is. Half the excitement for me with sequels is counting down and waiting for previews, trailers, interviews and news on when the next one is to come out! I don't understand why they want it to go so fast. What's the rush? They can't think fans will get bored because clearly we are all very dedicated. Plus look at any other sequel. We've waited years for the next Harry Potter movie to come out with it being pushed back... but I gaurentee it will be just as big as all the others-even bigger maybe. It's nerve-racking to think that maybe these movies could be made better if only they would take their time.
A simpler place,
where love was defined in simpler ways.
One plue one equals two.."

Team Edward -- Dazzling since 1918
melting into you
Learning to Love Green

Post by melting into you »

Jazz Girl thanks! I didn't hear Robert say it so it must have been quoted from him and posted elsewhere. I wonder if we'll be able to ask questions like MTV did for us during Twilight? I'd like to ask what the rush is? If Chris is not available due to post production that's fine. We can wait. In away it's better to enjoy the build up like we did with Twilight then rushing through 2 movies so quickly. I still don't get why they aren't back to back if they want it rushed so much, then do post production on both once they are both filmed. I shrug.

My concern is really what Robert said in one interview. We need NM the right way so that it leads into Eclipse. I just don't want to see a bad editing job and choppy storytelling. We have waited so long for these movies I can't speak for anyone else, but I'im willing to wait for as long as it takes for a better quality movie. Oh well, guess I just have to trust they know what they are doing. They have a much bigger budget so guess they feel they can pull it off.

I think with it being this long that Dakota's camp hasn't said anything it's probably not going to happen. I mean, she's a pretty big star, she'd take a huge chunk of change for a small role. Could be they are holding out for the rest of the movies, but doesn't Jane appear the most in BD? I dont' recall her in Eclipse? Eclipse is all about Victoria's revenge.
dopeydm

Post by dopeydm »

I think with it being this long that Dakota's camp hasn't said anything it's probably not going to happen. I mean, she's a pretty big star, she'd take a huge chunk of change for a small role. Could be they are holding out for the rest of the movies, but doesn't Jane appear the most in BD? I dont' recall her in Eclipse? Eclipse is all about Victoria's revenge.
Jane is in NM, Eclipse, and BD. In Eclipse, she comes with a small contingency to clean up the Newborn rampage. It would probably be 5-10 minutes of film, but she is in there. Then in NM and BD, she has larger moments.
"But you see, just because we've been...dealt a certain hand...it doesn't mean that we can't choose to rise above -- to conquer the boundaries of a destiny that none of us wanted."
Jazz Girl

Post by Jazz Girl »

melting into you wrote:Jazz Girl thanks! I didn't hear Robert say it so it must have been quoted from him and posted elsewhere. I wonder if we'll be able to ask questions like MTV did for us during Twilight? I'd like to ask what the rush is? If Chris is not available due to post production that's fine. We can wait. In away it's better to enjoy the build up like we did with Twilight then rushing through 2 movies so quickly. I still don't get why they aren't back to back if they want it rushed so much, then do post production on both once they are both filmed. I shrug.

My concern is really what Robert said in one interview. We need NM the right way so that it leads into Eclipse. I just don't want to see a bad editing job and choppy storytelling. We have waited so long for these movies I can't speak for anyone else, but I'im willing to wait for as long as it takes for a better quality movie. Oh well, guess I just have to trust they know what they are doing. They have a much bigger budget so guess they feel they can pull it off.

Melting Into You, yep, again. with you here, friend. I would much rather wait 6 or 12 months for a movie done the right way than get a POS adaptation that they rushed for the sake of getting it out there. I think the rest of us are that way, too. Summitt is treading a very fine line.

As for Jane in Eclipse, yes, she's there. As I said, it would be a bit part for Dakota Fanning. Jane is the leader of the Volturi contingent that conveniently shows up just after the battle of the newborns. It isn't, strictly speaking, a crucial scene in the book. But, it would be in the movie as it would reestablish the link to the Volturi threat perfectly for Breaking Dawn. So, if they get her for NM, they would absolutely want to ensure she is coming back for Eclipse and BD. But, I am sure that the fact that they haven't officially greenlighted BD yet might also be creating some complications as they would want to lock her in to a movie that, at this point, still isn't confirmed to exist yet.
C-Dubs is TwitterRoyalty
Caitygirl1

Post by Caitygirl1 »

melting into you wrote:I dont' recall her in Eclipse? Eclipse is all about Victoria's revenge.
Jane does appear at the end of eclipse after the battle with victoria in over when the Volturi finally decide to step in and take care of the situation in Seattle. She meets with the Cullens in the field and that is where she has Felix "take care" of Bree who was one of the newborns who had surrendered. Just trying to trigger your memory :D
A simpler place,
where love was defined in simpler ways.
One plue one equals two.."

Team Edward -- Dazzling since 1918