Discussion of the New Moon Movie

Moderator: bac

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
CopperHead
Learning to Love Green

Re: Who would you like to play...

Post by CopperHead »

I think it sucks!!! I'll never get used to it, I won't!
Check out more of my fanart here!
Team Demetri - because it's useless to run...
italiangirl1577
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by italiangirl1577 »

I never think that there's ever going to be an actor who exactly fits the image of my mental Twilight cast, (especially my Volturi; as an Italian, I have very high expectations for them!) but I finally realized who my perfect Caius is. Alan Rickman would have been absolutely perfect!

As for Rachelle (Victoria) being replaced in Eclipse, I'm actually a little frustrated: if anyone needs to be replaced, it's Kristen Stewart.
Last edited by italiangirl1577 on Tue Aug 04, 2009 5:40 pm, edited 3 times in total.
dopeydm
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by dopeydm »

First of all, I hate the controversy. Who did what to whom. Unfortunately, we have to move on.

I wanted more of a lower class, animalistic vampire in VIctoria. I think the playfulness of Rachelle's Victoria was cool and added a new dimension to the character.

I think the new person they got would be a better Tanya.
"But you see, just because we've been...dealt a certain hand...it doesn't mean that we can't choose to rise above -- to conquer the boundaries of a destiny that none of us wanted."
♥midnight_sun♥
Riding in the Rabbit

Post by ♥midnight_sun♥ »

First, just let me take a moment to say welcome to all the newbies to the Lex that I see posting on this thread.

Second, although I am not a Mod or Admin, I want to remind you that this thread is to discuss actors/actresses that you think would be good for the characters in the Saga. Not who you would like to play (especially if said character isn't in the real Saga).

Since Seth wasn't cast for New Moon (even though he is in the book) I think it would be awesome if they could find a Native American that is like Micheal Cera in the fact that he is really nice and almost nieve (sp?). If Micheal was Native American I think he could have totally rocked the part of Seth Clearwater! :D

I can't really think of anyone for the other characters at the moment other than now that I look back on it, I keep seeing Cam as looking more like Garrett in BD than James...at least in this picture.

And I really don't want to have anyone make a big deal out of what I'm saying on this topic, but I think Bryce is NOT going to be able to do better than Rachelle did as Victoria. Yes, CH's direction sucked backside and made Victoria look a bit playful (which did add this cool little twisted thing to her character with everything we know about her), but she wasn't like that in the books. She didn't even talk until Eclipse because Bella was shocked about how 'bubblegum-blonde' her voice was.

italiangirl1577 wrote:if anyone needs to be replaced, it's Kristen Stewart.

Again, as I said above CH's direction was horrible. If you would just watch some of the other films Kristen has been in would would know she has done MUCH better work than what she did in Twilight. (An example being her movie "Speak") If a director says that you need to do something differently or something you have to do as they say. For example, if they were doing the hospital scene and Edward was giving his big speech and CH told Kristen to cross her eyes and stick her tongue out like a 5 year old, Kristen would of had to to that. (Thankfully, CH isn't THAT stupid.) So, before you go bashing the actors look at the work they have done in the past and look at what the director has done. If the director sucks, but the actor has done well in the past, ITS NOT THE ACTOR WHO WASN'T DOING THEIR JOB WELL.
Fan Fiction Addict•The Halfway House and Brute Squad Member•Banner/Signature OCD
Team Edward•JazzGirl's Official MiniMe•Cullenist•Keeper of the Names•Hatter Obsessed
Wolf-Girl90
Has Caught Sight of Edward

Post by Wolf-Girl90 »

♥midnight_sun♥ wrote:First, just let me take a moment to say welcome to all the newbies to the Lex that I see posting on this thread.

Second, although I am not a Mod or Admin, I want to remind you that this thread is to discuss actors/actresses that you think would be good for the characters in the Saga. Not who you would like to play (especially if said character isn't in the real Saga).

Since Seth wasn't cast for New Moon (even though he is in the book) I think it would be awesome if they could find a Native American that is like Micheal Cera in the fact that he is really nice and almost nieve (sp?). If Micheal was Native American I think he could have totally rocked the part of Seth Clearwater! :D

I can't really think of anyone for the other characters at the moment other than now that I look back on it, I keep seeing Cam as looking more like Garrett in BD than James...at least in this picture.

And I really don't want to have anyone make a big deal out of what I'm saying on this topic, but I think Bryce is NOT going to be able to do better than Rachelle did as Victoria. Yes, CH's direction sucked backside and made Victoria look a bit playful (which did add this cool little twisted thing to her character with everything we know about her), but she wasn't like that in the books. She didn't even talk until Eclipse because Bella was shocked about how 'bubblegum-blonde' her voice was.

Again, as I said above CH's direction was horrible. If you would just watch some of the other films Kristen has been in would would know she has done MUCH better work than what she did in Twilight. (An example being her movie "Speak") If a director says that you need to do something differently or something you have to do as they say. For example, if they were doing the hospital scene and Edward was giving his big speech and CH told Kristen to cross her eyes and stick her tongue out like a 5 year old, Kristen would of had to to that. (Thankfully, CH isn't THAT stupid.) So, before you go bashing the actors look at the work they have done in the past and look at what the director has done. If the director sucks, but the actor has done well in the past, ITS NOT THE ACTOR WHO WASN'T DOING THEIR JOB WELL.
I totally agree with you on a lot of things there. I wasn't really in to Catherine's direction at all either. Was it just me or was everything blue?!

As for the whole "replacement Victoria" thing, I feel sad for Rachelle. I think Summit's decision was harsh.
I also feel we're not getting the whole story! I mean, who on earth ditches a "Twilight Saga" film which will make millions for a little known European Indie flick.
I mean, she’s not stupid!
I give all my support to Bryce though. I hope she's good! :D

xoxo
J<3B::Taylor Lautner::Dating Thread::Cymru::Karl = LBF
Banner by ThreeThings
http://-roadkillchic.piczo.com
♥midnight_sun♥
Riding in the Rabbit

Post by ♥midnight_sun♥ »

Wolf-Girl90 wrote:I totally agree with you on a lot of things there. I wasn't really in to Catherine's direction at all either. Was it just me or was everything blue?!

As for the whole "replacement Victoria" thing, I feel sad for Rachelle. I think Summit's decision was harsh.
I also feel we're not getting the whole story! I mean, who on earth ditches a "Twilight Saga" film which will make millions for a little known European Indie flick.
I mean, she’s not stupid!
I give all my support to Bryce though. I hope she's good! :D

xoxo
Thanks. I was totally prepared to come back here to someone bashing what I said since someone posted so quickly after I did. :lol: But yes, Twilight was all blue. CH had them use a blue tint on the film that makes everything seem kinda blue. It made it feel even more like an indie film (as that's what CH is used to filming, as Summit is mostly known for doing indie films---before they got hold of the rights for Twilight that is) The only thing about Rachelle and the European indie flick is that she will only be there for 10 days. Then she is coming back to the states and the sad part is that the only part of Eclipse (if you go by the book) that Victoria is in is the battle scene with Edward, Seth, Bella, and Riley. So that's what? 15 minutes of film at most. I mean with Kellan he was cast at the last minute. He didn't even meet everyone until they had baseball practice, and yet they can't do something for Rachelle seeing as she will only be gone for 10 days!? It seems that Summit has gotten a big head since Twilight blew up. (funny that the actors have level heads about everything and yet its the studio who's dealing/dishing out drama) They won't even say too much on the matter of Rachelle. They have their 'lawyers' or 'spokesmen' do it for them. :roll:
Fan Fiction Addict•The Halfway House and Brute Squad Member•Banner/Signature OCD
Team Edward•JazzGirl's Official MiniMe•Cullenist•Keeper of the Names•Hatter Obsessed
love_is_noise
Drag Racing With Alice and Edward

Post by love_is_noise »

♥midnight_sun♥ wrote:

well I kind of agree with you both...I think Kristen is normally a really good actress...but I do think that her,kind of naff, portrayal of Bella wasn't only down to CH...but I'm dealing with it...they're not going to change Kristen and hopefully her performance will be better in newmoon thanks to CW and his take on the book.
Jasper's Army:Captain RuneheartThe Plan:Supreme LeaderTeam Rose
Volturi::Anastasia Team Leah::Therapist Team Esme::Interior Designer
Wolf-Girl90
Has Caught Sight of Edward

Post by Wolf-Girl90 »

love_is_noise wrote:
well I kind of agree with you both...I think Kristen is normally a really good actress...but I do think that her,kind of naff, portrayal of Bella wasn't only down to CH...but I'm dealing with it...they're not going to change Kristen and hopefully her performance will be better in newmoon thanks to CW and his take on the book.
Yeah, I agree. There's no way that they'll ever replace hr unless she dies or something so we should just hope she becomes more Bella like. For me I don't think Kristen made Bella helpless enough. There's only been one film though! I so excited for New Moon and to see the differences! :D I hope everyone improves!

xoxo
J<3B::Taylor Lautner::Dating Thread::Cymru::Karl = LBF
Banner by ThreeThings
http://-roadkillchic.piczo.com
goldeneyes
Settled in Forks

Post by goldeneyes »

http://perezhilton.com/2009-07-27-your- ... he-volturi

i think they got them pretty gooood.

dakota doesn't even look like herself
"For never was a story of more woe
Than this of Juliet and her Romeo."
CopperHead
Learning to Love Green

Post by CopperHead »

^^AHHH!!!!!!! Are those real???? AWESOME!!! It's about freaking time!!!
Check out more of my fanart here!
Team Demetri - because it's useless to run...