Discussion of the New Moon Movie

Moderator: bac

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Bastet
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Re: Who would you like to play...

Post by Bastet »

not sure about him... i really don't have that creepy feeling (but i don't have it for that guy who plays caius either) but i should probably watch robin hood first and tell after that...
join the dark side, we have cookies :)

Lunna-san
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by Lunna-san »

FindYourTrueCalling wrote:British actor Richard Armitage for Aro! :) He plays Guy of Gisborne in the BBC's Robin Hood where he is amazing!
Here is a link for some google pictures of him! Tell me what you think :)
http://images.google.co.uk/images?q=ric ... F-8&tab=ni
Emma.
xoxo
Hold on, is it for real? Or it's just a suggestion? I'm not sure about him either. I mean, he looks like Aro and he's kind of creepy. "shrugs"

Wow, MR wanted to leave the scene that explains why Edward... I can't believe this. What's wrong with that woman? Are you sure she works on Dexter? I love that show. It doesn't look like something she writes. Well, maybe she leaves her creativity just for it, because she's reeeeally messing around with the Twilight Saga. maybe she should just stick with the serial killer stuff. :evil:
Bastet

Post by Bastet »

i'm 100% sure, here's the link
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0742279/
and there's her photo so we know whom to attack if new moon doesn't come right :twisted: (just kidding about attack ;) )

Lunna-san
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by Lunna-san »

Bastet wrote:i'm 100% sure, here's the link
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0742279/
and there's her photo so we know whom to attack if new moon doesn't come right :twisted: (just kidding about attack ;) )
Sorry, I asked as a retorical question. That show is so good... really doesn't seem a MR's works, but what do I know? :?
Bastet

Post by Bastet »

no problem ;) i'm just really tired so i get everything literally at this moment :?

t_feva
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by t_feva »

i think MR did a horrible job on twilight. i did enjoy the movie, but i think she butchered the most important scene, the meadow. wasnt really a love story. i hope this time she sticks close to the book NM and doesnt add unnecessary scenes to the script and leave out important ones.
teamtaycob.webs.com
twitter.com/tfeva1
mrs_edwardc
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by mrs_edwardc »

love_is_noise wrote:
FindYourTrueCalling wrote:British actor Richard Armitage would be my perfect choice for Aro ;]
Here a link to some google pictures of him! Tell me what you think ;]

Emma.
xoxo

http://images.google.co.uk/images?hl=en ... a=N&tab=wi
ahh, i LOVE him...he is guy of gisborn and lucas!!!
i also likehis ex-co-star, harry lloyd, he plays will in robin hood
wow, yes...remmett_until_dusk would totally die if richard got a part, he is her fav actor in the history of forever
WOW ! yes man! i so agree with this!
shortstuff wrote:
dazzlingdynamite wrote:Yes, it's possible. I imagined them like proper, scary vampire Dracula-esque old, but if their going to add hot, young guys, who's seriously complaining? I'm just going to leave my mind open because it's out of our hands completely. I just pray that New Moon is better than Twilight, because parts of it seriously blowed.
lol i think it wont be that hard to make NM better since CH set a pretty low standard with twilight, LOL. anything would be an improvement at this point, hahaha..
hahahahaha! hi5 dude :mrgreen:
im just worried about their screenwiter, Melissa. she SUCKED with Twilight! i mean, she completely ruind the meadow scene for me, and she left out such nice scenes! like the"blood typing" chapter in the book? one of my favourites!!!! for those who just watched the movie, i still dont understnd how the heck bella fell in love with edward SO FAST> i mean seriously! the book was way better in showing how they fell in love. the movie was like: she sees this guy. he dissapears after sitting next to her in one class. he comes back. they talk bio. he saves her from an accident (Okay, so that was a cool scene). then they start talking. dot dot dot, he saves her from some creeps on the street. eventually she finds out his a vampire and now suddenly she's in love with him? i was like, what the hell? :? then once james starts hunting her, edward suddenly tells her that "she's his life"?! DUDE! na-uh man. SO unrealistic.
cant they get some1 who actually sticks to the story and writes good? i mean, their budget must be frikken HUGE at this point. cmon guys! get good writers!
debussygirl
Joining the Hunt for Enemies

Post by debussygirl »

Okay, so I am a defender of MR, mostly because she wasn't the one who butchered it. It was the actors and CH. First off, they changed lines because they were "too mushy" and "embarrassing". And think about what they said in the meadow scene. It wasn't the lines that ruined it. It was how rough Edward was with Bella. What Edward said he pretty much said in the book, maybe shortened a little. It was ruined because it wasn't in the meadow (not MR's fault), and the acting wasn't gentle enough (again not MR's fault).
We should be thanking her for NOT ruining the book as she could have. In comparison to other book-to-movie adaptations, this one was pretty good. And I think that the parts where it wasn't good, was due to CH and the actors.
Team Edward&Esme~SBS Assistant 2 the Cobosses~APPC
St Cullens Head of Neurology~Tetrarch
Need something to read? Try http://www.jennacooper.com
love_is_noise
Drag Racing With Alice and Edward

Post by love_is_noise »

personally i get what tpam is saying about kristen being all like.."i'm not saying that, it's to mushy" --get over your self, you're an actress just do your job...but still i think melissa could have done a better job with twilight, and she did leave out a lot of details from the book that i felt were important. Catherine really annoyed me..she obviously hasn't a clue about what she is saying...me and remmtt_until_dusk were watching twilight with the comentary, and CH said that the nomad's eyes were red because they were thristy..i was like..NONONONO how wrong can you be?!
so basically i'm annoyed with most of them, kristen, CH and melissa...i'm looking foward to cris, and i hope he doesn't take out the good stuff that melissa will (hopefully) keep in, and i want kristan to take her head out of her bum and get on with the job.
Jasper's Army:Captain RuneheartThe Plan:Supreme LeaderTeam Rose
Volturi::Anastasia Team Leah::Therapist Team Esme::Interior Designer
shortstuff
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by shortstuff »

i think that while MR is partially resposible since she WROTE the script, she's not the only one at fault. i read some of the origial script when it was floating around online and it wasnt ALL bad.. Its the way it was directed and acted that made it worse than it was. Like you guys mentioned, KStew thought a lot of the lines were mushy or whatever, and thats where CH should have done her job as director and made them understand why they were saying them and have them stick to the script. i'm all for actors improvising and putting their own spin on things, but not at the expense of the movie's/book's basic tone and essence. half the time i feel like CH really didnt GET the story with some of the things she says... she was more interested in making the movie 'cool' and 'sexy' :roll:

basically, it was a joint effort. we can't blame one person for single handedly butchering twilight.. they all played a part.
i think CW has the chops to get the the best performances out of the actors (they werent completely terrible.. i see the potential for them to do better this time around..)