Moderator: bac

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
debussygirl
Joining the Hunt for Enemies

Re: New Moon movie, take 5

Post by debussygirl »

Oh, CH changed a lot I heard.
Apparently, the first script was too "mushy" and the lines were "too embarrassing" to say, so they did a lot of reworking with the script on set. Probably the reason we didn't get an "I love you" out. KStew was too embarrassed to say it. :roll:
Team Edward&Esme~SBS Assistant 2 the Cobosses~APPC
St Cullens Head of Neurology~Tetrarch
Need something to read? Try http://www.jennacooper.com
rjupiter
Learning to Love Green

Post by rjupiter »

debussygirl wrote:Oh, CH changed a lot I heard.
Apparently, the first script was too "mushy" and the lines were "too embarrassing" to say, so they did a lot of reworking with the script on set. Probably the reason we didn't get an "I love you" out. KStew was too embarrassed to say it. :roll:
I can only imagine what got "rewritten". It went from a love story to a complete mess.

off note though, debussygirl the images in your sig, where are they from? I don't remember them in the movie.
Jadey
Resisting Temptation With Carlisle

Post by Jadey »

Best Chris Weitz interview ever

Here are the basics from it:

" ~ Even Weitz was surprised with how quickly Phil Tippet’s company turned around the Jacob wolf shot at the end of the first teaser trailer. The shot has gone through numerous iterations and is much more photorealistic than that version.
~ He’ll be submitting a director’s cut of the film to Summit within the next two weeks.
~ Thom Yorke and Kings of Leon are interested in contributing to the film’s soundtrack.
~ The movie within a movie, “Facepunch,” will only be heard — not seen.
~ His vision of the Volturi is very much like the book and unlike a number of fan inspirations that have hit the web. He also sees them as having gone slightly insane after living for 2,000 years.
~ He’s met with David Slade and expects the filmmaker’s vision for “Eclipse” to be different than what he’s doing with “New Moon,” but with the same actors and visual effects team.
~ He’s flattered that fans want him to direct “Breaking Dawn” without seeing “New Moon,” but thinks the fans will want Slade to do it by the time “Eclipse” comes out.
~ Weitz needs to turn the film in by Oct. 30 to strike prints or if not, they are in “big trouble” to make the release date."

Rotten Tomatoes also shares some info from Chris Weitz, where he reveals the proposal scene has not been cut–

“It hasn’t been cut out, I can tell you that much,” Weitz carefully shared. He paused to compose his answer, making sure not to reveal too much. “It’s not going to hit them in exactly the way that they think it’s going to, but I will say that — how can I put it? –it’s going to be quite special. I kind of saved all of my gusto for that moment. I don’t think it will disappoint.

Fracking good? I think so too.
^ by ForJazz
"Theres a lot of like, feminist issues with the book. Like, 'Oh, she's so devoted to him' and well yeah, she's in love with him"
- Kristen Stewart
fanMNM
Veggie-Vampire

Post by fanMNM »

I just have to say how excited I am for the propsal scene!!! I'm excited for the entire movie, but there are just certain scenes I am dying to see on the screen!! And after seeing the picture of Kristen and Taylor in the truck, in their "about to kiss" moment...I'm even excited about their scenes together, even though I haven't been before. I've always been Team Edward so I'm surprised how much I am looking forward to the Jacob and Bella scenes in this movie!

Thank you Naureen!!
dopeydm
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by dopeydm »

I read that interview as well as another interview concerning a scene being watched where Edward had a face of anguish and fell to the floor. I am glad to hear that they are keeping Jane's power as mental and not having Edward thrown across the room! YEAH!!!! I am starting to get really, really excited now! Where is the countdown? Come on TwiGuys!
"But you see, just because we've been...dealt a certain hand...it doesn't mean that we can't choose to rise above -- to conquer the boundaries of a destiny that none of us wanted."
pennybug84
Protector of Jacob's Honor

Post by pennybug84 »

Jadey wrote: Rotten Tomatoes also shares some info from Chris Weitz, where he reveals the proposal scene has not been cut–

“It hasn’t been cut out, I can tell you that much,” Weitz carefully shared. He paused to compose his answer, making sure not to reveal too much. “It’s not going to hit them in exactly the way that they think it’s going to, but I will say that — how can I put it? –it’s going to be quite special. I kind of saved all of my gusto for that moment. I don’t think it will disappoint.
[/i]

Fracking good? I think so too.

I am so RELIEVED to hear that the proposal scene was NOT cut. I was really really worried there for awhile. That needs to be there! I am getting more excited for this movie every day I think. Except I'll have mixed feelings what with Edward and the Cullens being gone. And seeing all the pain and depression that Bella goes through.
"She doesn't know what she wants" - Jacob Black "Yeah she does!" - Rob Pattinson
debussygirl
Joining the Hunt for Enemies

Post by debussygirl »

rjupiter wrote:
off note though, debussygirl the images in your sig, where are they from? I don't remember them in the movie.
They're from the sequence of when Edward is sucking out Bella's blood in the ballet studio. One of the good parts of Twilight, in my opinion.

Yay!!! Proposal scene, proposal scene!! I hope it's amazing! Of course it will be! Because Edward will be in character!!! :D :D :D
Team Edward&Esme~SBS Assistant 2 the Cobosses~APPC
St Cullens Head of Neurology~Tetrarch
Need something to read? Try http://www.jennacooper.com
rjupiter
Learning to Love Green

Post by rjupiter »

debussygirl wrote:
rjupiter wrote:
They're from the sequence of when Edward is sucking out Bella's blood in the ballet studio. One of the good parts of Twilight, in my opinion.

Yay!!! Proposal scene, proposal scene!! I hope it's amazing! Of course it will be! Because Edward will be in character!!! :D :D :D
ok, hmm must have missed it through the cringing I did while watching the movie.

yes, I think this movie is shaping up to be much much better than the first.
spicey16
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by spicey16 »

maybe I'm slow... but what does it mean when he says face punch will be heard not seen????
Dovrebanen
Red-Eyed Vampire

Post by Dovrebanen »

Face Punch is the movie Bella, Jacob and Mike go to see together, when Mike gets sick.
You can read about it here. They've talked to Mike Welch about it.
So I suppose you'll just hear the sounds of the movie in the background, and not actually see it.

By the way, I am so exited after that interview with CW. Excited and slightly nervous too. I am so curious to see how the proposal is going to be. Wonder how it will hit them, if it's not like in the book. But I'm sure it'll be great. As long as it's in there, I'm happy. CW also seems to be sticking to the book quite well in other areas. I understand that some scenes have to be changed a bit, but as long as the major parts are in there and the feeling is right, I don't mind.
Rob's Halfway House ~ Team Edward ~ Cullenist ~