Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
SweetImpakt
Finding a Nice Guy for Angela

Re: New Moon movie, take 5

Post by SweetImpakt »

maybeshescrazy wrote:
PS: was anyone else shocked for a moment when they saw the piano smash? :lol:
Omg yes ! I was in shock :O Such a pity. They should better give it to me instead of smashing it :D
But still, it looked very convincing, the only thing that has me worried is the thing on Bella's arm after Edward knocks her out of the way. It looks like a tattoo in stead of blood :S But maybe is just the views angle or something :D

“Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength, while loving someone deeply gives you courage.”
pennybug84
Protector of Jacob's Honor

Post by pennybug84 »

maybeshescrazy wrote: PS: was anyone else shocked for a moment when they saw the piano smash? :lol:
I definitely was! I was like nooooooooooo it's Edward's piano! But I loved how Edward threw Jasper across the room. The b-day party scene looks so awesome!

And that little snippet of the break up, so sad. Bring on the tears.

I was pleasantly surprised at Jacob fursploding. I was worried how they would do that, and I think it looked pretty good.

This has just made me more excited for November.
"She doesn't know what she wants" - Jacob Black "Yeah she does!" - Rob Pattinson
MelEponine
Wandering Through Town

Post by MelEponine »

Personally, I thought the trailer looked amazing! We know the scenes of Bella with Laurent and acob phasing are differnt scenes (her clothes are different and Taylor confirmed it.) It seems like they are following the book very closely. I have always thought a lot of the changes in Twilight had been more CH and Summit than Melissa Rosenberg, and that seems to be the case. So I'm grateful to CW and MR for sticking to the book with this one.

As for Rob, I think he's a terrific actor. He's so deadpan in the breakup scene because he has to be. Edward definitely doesn't feel what he is saying. He's getting it out because he thinks he has to. In the book, Bella couldn't believe Edward could break up with her so easily, but he's really just blocking out his own emotions. It's that knack for lying that he's developed after 100 years of living a lie. He's shows much more emotion when he says "You're my only reason to stay alive... if that's what I am." I think he'll do great.

The wolf.... I loved it!! I have a masters degree in animation, so I'm gonna try not to get all animation-geek on you guys and just say it's perfect to me. Sure he doesn't look super mean, but that's Jacob in there. How mean could he be? (Okay, Jake does do some pretty mean things... "I'd rather see you dead" etc. but you know what I mean. It's Jake.) I think it's a great design and I love the fur color and texture. The shredding clothes... perfect.
maybeshescrazy wrote:
PS: was anyone else shocked for a moment when they saw the piano smash? :lol:
I gasped really loud, "No!" when I realized he landed on the piano. I think my husband thought I was crazy.

As for Edward's lack of proposal/ultimatum I have posted on this elsewhere, but I'll put it here, too.

------
I have a spoiler-ish answer for you. Don't read if you don't wanna know....

I'm warning you....

From the information I've gotten, he is going to ask for more time. He says he'll do it if she agrees to wait another 5 years. Or even three. And I think that's very in character. I do, however, wish they would leave that in!!! "What condition?" "Marry me first." Perhaps my favorite line in New Moon. I get giddy just thinking about it! I can see how they might not want to cross that bridge yet in the series for a number of reasons. 1) Having to explain why Bella doesn't want to marry him in a way that doesn't make her seem selfish, stupid, and not really in love with him is going to take some development time. At this point in the story arc of the movie... it would be a little awkward. 2) They haven't been dating very long. And Edward's been gone for a long time at this point, so the time they've actually spent together is pretty minimal. Now, we all know that they've been desperately devoted to each other since before chapter 13 of book one. But I can see how a studio of adults may not want to put that out there for the teenage audience (and more importantly for the groups that love to tear movies apart labeling them unwholesome.) 3) The proposal in Eclipse may be even more dramatic without this. In New Moon, we get enough romantic goodness just from their reunion. The Eclipse proposal can be even more effective if audiences don't know it's coming. (Of course we all do.... but you know what I mean.) I do think they'll embrace Edward's desire ti get married. It's a huge aspect of his character. He isn't the romantic, gentlemanly, turn-of-the-century hottie we love if he isn't aching to marry Bella. They'll embrace it... they just might not do it yet.

I'm not saying I really agree with this, but I can see where they're coming from on a story telling perspective. This is one of those times where my degree in filmmaking and my Twilight fangirl-ness leave me conflicted.

It's still possible that they may have changed things since this information got out. They script I read didn't have them saying "I love you." It seems to me they were taking a cue from the fans on that one. Maybe they will/did with the not-quite-a-proposal-yet proposal. Don't worry. I think New Moon is going to be terrific.

--------

Sorry for the long post. I just think the movie's gonna be great!
Lort
Settled in Forks

Post by Lort »

i saw the trailer last night. the computer graphics wolf was amazing!! i like the slightly cartoony look they are going for. it makes it feel very fantastical.
ringswraith
Running with Leah 'cause she thinks I'm hawt

Post by ringswraith »

^-- I don't know why, but after reading your post the following scene came to mind:

Bella's bedroom. Bella and Edward discussing changing her. Then:

Edward: If you really want me to be the one to change you, I have one condition.
Bella: What?
Edward: (smiles)
(camera pans out to show both of them, fade to black, roll credits)

8-)
pennybug84
Protector of Jacob's Honor

Post by pennybug84 »

^^^^oh man, that would be so evil! :twisted:
I know I'd probably be wanting more & going like WHAT?!?!?! that's IT?!?!?!?!?!

all I know is I really want the proposal there. I don't care if people would think it's been too fast. (heck I think Twilight just showed the relationship too fast for Bella to want to be turned into a vampire & to talk about being together forever.) So I think they'd be able to do it. At least it sounds like there might be an "I love you" in there somewhere, that was definitely a let down to have it missing from Twilight.
"She doesn't know what she wants" - Jacob Black "Yeah she does!" - Rob Pattinson
lilmisstrouble
Jump Starting Bella's Truck
Location: Isle of Esme. Between feathers and broken headboards.

Post by lilmisstrouble »

*TRAILER* Impressions/ additional information from cast:
*ATTENTION! POTENTIAL SPOILERS BELOW! DON'T READ IF YOU HATE SPOILERS!!!*

After watching the trailer MULTIPLE times, I can still say I am very happy with the result. Chris Weitz has done a brilliant job, but I'm sure it is also a group collaboration from the cast and crew as well. On Entertainment Weekly (http://www.ew.com/ew/gallery/0,,2023455 ... _1,00.html) , Chris Weitz said "'The whole cast is reading the book and wanting to get it right" - which shows the effort everyone is putting into the movie to stay true to the book.

A few highlights/low lights:
- Birthday scene. Wow. Piano being smashed: awesome. Perfectly executed.
- Rob/Edward's facial expression on 0:55min of the trailer BREAKS MY HEART. If vampires could cry, he would be crying then.
- I like the distance between them in the breakup scene. However, even though it's early to tell because it's a teaser trailer, I hope to see more sadness from Kristen/Bella. I wanna see tears, KStew!
- Nikki/Rosalie FINALLY looking gorgeous. Thank you hair/makeup staff!
- Bella/Kristen's line "Jake! Run!" - very nicely done.

After watching the official sneak preview, all I can think of is that perhaps the crew has been watching some of the fan-made trailers and giving the audience exactly what we have been waiting for.

So far, from the trailer, leaked pics and cast interviews, I can say the are putting A LOT of the elements and little things from the book that the fans are thirsty to see. With that in mind, I have a question: How long is New Moon going to be?

Also, here: http://www.mtv.com/videos/movies/396829 ... id=1612960 - it's an interview from last night with Taylor Lautner disclosing some interesting info on the scenes of New Moon such as, Paul phasing and trying to attack Bella, the possible last scene of New Moon being Jacob Black shirtless, a "breakup" scene between Jacob and Bella when Jacob realizes he is too much for Bella to handle, among other bits and pieces.

I just honestly hope Melissa Rosenberg did not somehow butcher my favorite chapter in the book, which is the phone call Jacob answers at Bella's house, with Edward on the other end of the line, and Jacob thinking it's Dr.Cullen. PLEASE DO NOT leave that out somehow, I am crossing my fingers they didn't find a "creative" alternative to that. I will be pissed.
I don't even care what they do to the rest of the story, but that Shakespearean bit was written in the book with a purpose and I can safely say that from that point on, I could not get my eyes off the pages and find out what happened next.
"Does my being half-naked bother you?"
Yes, please take the other half off. xoxo

http://www.whatwouldedwardcullendo.blogspot.com
Amanda Beth
Has Caught Sight of Edward

Post by Amanda Beth »

People are already saying if it sucks it's Melissa Rosenberg's fault? C'mon people, the director has serious creative liberties when it comes to the script and we saw that with Catherine Hardwicke.
maybeshescrazy
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by maybeshescrazy »

lilmisstrouble: I also hope the phone call is good. Something I'd also love to see would be Rosalie's phone call to Edward, and the reaction - I heard it was in the script but they might have cut it :( They could do SO WELL with that.
I'm so satisfied with the trailer... and I love how everyone is praising Chris Weitz all of a sudden. When we heard he would be director, the general feeling where I was seemed to be "Errr, The Golden Compass wasn't that good..."
IN YO' FACE! :lol:
Dovrebanen
Red-Eyed Vampire

Post by Dovrebanen »

lilmisstrouble wrote: - I like the distance between them in the breakup scene. However, even though it's early to tell because it's a teaser trailer, I hope to see more sadness from Kristen/Bella. I wanna see tears, KStew!
I like that she didn't cry. Since I don't think she does in the book. She is basically stunned. And then she shuts down. She's dazed and completely lost, and trying to make sense of what he's really saying. And she's angry. It doesn't actually hit her until she finds her pictures gone, and then everything goes black. I think Kristen did a good job in the leaving scene.
I loved how he kissed her forehead, just like in the book.

Amanda Beth wrote:People are already saying if it sucks it's Melissa Rosenberg's fault? C'mon people, the director has serious creative liberties when it comes to the script and we saw that with Catherine Hardwicke.
I know that CH was a big part in messing up Twilight. But if New Moon is semi-butchered like Twilight was, there will be only one person who took part in both movies. And that is Melissa Rosenberg. I have very little faith in her. I do have faith in Chris, and that he will make the best decisions for this movie. And that he will take control of how the movie is made and presented.
MR just rubs me the wrong way. Watching in her in the DVD extras made my teeth clench. She believes that she made a good script for Twilight, and IMO, she didn't.
Rob's Halfway House ~ Team Edward ~ Cullenist ~