New Moon movie, take 5

Discussion of the New Moon Movie

Moderator: bac

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
lionlover
Wandering Through Town
Location: Listening to Debussy with Edward, in his bedroom ;)

Re: New Moon movie, take 5

Post by lionlover »

mandyb7 wrote:whoa apparently when Jane uses her power on Edward it like throws him across the room and into a wall, I guess they wanted to make it more visual and that's okay, sounds pretty intense.
From what I've read, it says that they use wires to pull edward down to the ground so it's more intense... obviously, just falling naturally wouldn't demonstrate enough intensity... The wires would probably cause his to fall to look more dramatic and painful ??

Being thrown across the room would not make sense at all, unless it's all in his head like someone mentioned... I guess we'll just have to wait, have faith in CW, and see and hope for the best... *crosses fingers*
"Do I dazzle you?" -Edward Cullen
"Frequently" -Me

The Dark Knight
Touched By Cold Hands

Post by The Dark Knight »

lionlover wrote:
mandyb7 wrote:whoa apparently when Jane uses her power on Edward it like throws him across the room and into a wall, I guess they wanted to make it more visual and that's okay, sounds pretty intense.
From what I've read, it says that they use wires to pull edward down to the ground so it's more intense... obviously, just falling naturally wouldn't demonstrate enough intensity... The wires would probably cause his to fall to look more dramatic and painful ??

Being thrown across the room would not make sense at all, unless it's all in his head like someone mentioned... I guess we'll just have to wait, have faith in CW, and see and hope for the best... *crosses fingers*

The look on Bella's face will make or break that scene. Edward has to pull off wrything and utter torment. This will be defining moment for both actors careers. Neither of them have been asked to give such a performance before...looking forward to seeing it appear on the big screen...is it November yet?

"Peaces is not the absence of war, but the presence of justice."
Amanda Beth
Has Caught Sight of Edward

Post by Amanda Beth »

I think Kristen did a good job in the ballet studio scene and that was the first scene they had ever shot of her in character so I'm sure she has a much better hold on Bella now.

Is anyone else disappointed that there won't be a Ben Cheney in the saga? I love him and Angela together. I know they couldn't have a lot of human actors in Twilight because they had no budget, but I wish he'd suddenly appear lol.
eclipse79
Settled in Forks

Post by eclipse79 »

Kristen, is a GREAT actor. Has anyone else seen her in the movie Speak? That movie and the book it's based on could move anyone to tears. Kristen is amazing. I wish people wouldn't hate on her so much. She so pretty! The only reason her hair is ugly right now is because she's doing the runaways!
RebeccaCullen
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by RebeccaCullen »

I do find Kristen pretty, it's just her voice acting I have issues with; it's very boring. Plus I think she shoulda donned a wig for The Runaways; the mullet just didn't work for her, IMO.

The scene where Jane attacks Edward, a good deal of the emotion behind that scene is going to come from Bella, and Kristen has to get that spot on.

There are a couple parts that make me tear up, and I'll be disappointed if the acting, and the music butcher those scenes. When Edward leaves, the jump and Edward's speech at the end are three of the most emotional scenes in that book, IMO, and they have to be done right, otherwise the movie's kinda screwed.
The Dark Knight
Touched By Cold Hands

Post by The Dark Knight »

RebeccaCullen wrote:I do find Kristen pretty, it's just her voice acting I have issues with; it's very boring. Plus I think she shoulda donned a wig for The Runaways; the mullet just didn't work for her, IMO.

The scene where Jane attacks Edward, a good deal of the emotion behind that scene is going to come from Bella, and Kristen has to get that spot on.

There are a couple parts that make me tear up, and I'll be disappointed if the acting, and the music butcher those scenes. When Edward leaves, the jump and Edward's speech at the end are three of the most emotional scenes in that book, IMO, and they have to be done right, otherwise the movie's kinda screwed.

You hit it right on. This will test the actors ability to their limits. If they can do this they have greatness in the future. I truly hope they can...3 more months to go...are we ready yet?

"Peaces is not the absence of war, but the presence of justice."
paulsbeyach
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by paulsbeyach »

I found this on yahoo... theres a who bunch of pics from the movie go here http://movies.yahoo.com/photos/movie-st ... oon-stills to see them!!!!!
Edward can give me a Unicorn ANYTIME!!
Team Edward: Bringing Sexy Back Since 1901
Wide Awake Addict!!!!
Cullenist
Jazz Girl
Making beautiful music with Edward as only I can

Post by Jazz Girl »

GGGAAAHHHH!!!!!!!!!!

Holy Fracking Lords of Thank You Sweet Baby Jesus!!!!!!

This is supposedly a scan from a people magazine. I was scanning the Sept 7th (Jane and Volturi pics) issue and didn't see this and am kicking myself in the ar...bum... if it was actually in there. Holy Bloody Hell. This has to be it....the scene. Oh thank you thank you thank you Chris Weitz, you are a genius amongst men. Because THIS. LOOKS. BEAUTIFUL. I think my heart might actually fail at this moment in the film.
“Directing 7 Cullens at once=herding cats" :ROTFLMAO:
C-Dubs is TwitterRoyalty
Turning Page is Gospel~Ashley=MiniMe~HHBS
lionlover
Wandering Through Town
Location: Listening to Debussy with Edward, in his bedroom ;)

Post by lionlover »

I think Kristen is a great actress. I've seen her in other movies n she's amazing. I just think her portayal of Bella in Twilight could have been better... They didn't express her intellect that well.

It's going to be interesting to see how the actors portray the progressed emotions and personalities in the sequals. I'm sure they'll blow us away.
"Do I dazzle you?" -Edward Cullen
"Frequently" -Me

twilight1909
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by twilight1909 »

ohmygodddd.
I had to make a re-appearance here after seeing the new trailer.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wX1-GuQz5vo .. there's another link since most of them have been taken down.
*shameless fangirl sqee*

I think it looks perfect, despite the slight changes (such as Rob's "ghost" and the Volturi fight) - makes it more visually effective if you ask me.
And so the lion fell in love with the lamb… What a lucky lamb.
TEAM EDWARD: Knight in Shining Volvo