Discussion of the New Moon Movie

Moderator: bac

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Alison
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Re: New Moon movie, take 5

Post by Alison »

I am positive that this has been discussed somewhere, because the fans here have analyzed every detail about the books and movies :) , but I don't even know where to look right now.

I was just wondering if the movies are going to show Jacob's Rabbit? I feel like the Rabbit is a big part of Jacob and helps to define the kind of guy he is. I just remember in Twilight, when he goes to talk to Bella at prom, he doesn't say that his dad is going to buy him car parts, but instead he will get $20. And I believe the car hasn't even been mentioned yet. Is the car going to be in New Moon?
"...I wanted to dream. Maybe, if I could be unconscious, if I could dream, I could live for a few hours in a world where she and I could be together. She dreamed of me. I wanted to dream of her." -Edward, Midnight Sun
Jadey
Resisting Temptation With Carlisle

Post by Jadey »

OKay, so I downloaded the NM trailer on my iPod
And like in the genre thingy, its got Horror. And I have the Twi movie on my iPod, and its genre is sci-fi&fantasy

I just thought that was interesting. x]
Im fine with it being down as horror. hopefully NM will be more adult/mature than Twilight was... Like its supposed to be
^ by ForJazz
"Theres a lot of like, feminist issues with the book. Like, 'Oh, she's so devoted to him' and well yeah, she's in love with him"
- Kristen Stewart
missp
Teaching Nessie all she needs to know
Location: Missing my HH SISTERS but loving all the great memories from HH CON 2012!

Post by missp »

Okay...did anyone else read the interview with Daniel Cudmore aka Felix and get a little bit concerned with the "fight" scene in New Moon between him and Edward? I've just skimmed over the part of New Moon where the Volturi were present, and there was no fight at all. So, I am wondering how many liberties the powers that be have taken with this portion of the book. I understand that they may need to add a little action here and there, but I think the book provides quite well for action and suspense in most aspects.
What do you guys think?
:?:
love_is_noise
Drag Racing With Alice and Edward

Post by love_is_noise »

okay i just had to read it after you said that
fight scene?!?!
well to be honest, i don't really mind, it'll look cool, i'm not really fussed anymore about them straying to far from the details...and to be honest, i found the whole volturi thing in the book kinda boring so i'm looking foward to thie 'fight'
Jasper's Army:Captain RuneheartThe Plan:Supreme LeaderTeam Rose
Volturi::Anastasia Team Leah::Therapist Team Esme::Interior Designer
Dovrebanen
Red-Eyed Vampire

Post by Dovrebanen »

It depends on how it plays out. Clearly there was no fight at all in the book. It was more a psychological fight with Edward and Alice planning in their minds, and Aro trying to seem friendly while really being manipulative. And the powers of Jane who work only in the mind. I liked it exactly the way it was in the book. It was really tensed, and no one really knowing what would happen.
So I think I would be a bit upset if the include a big physical fight scene in Volterra. But I'll keep an open mind, and hope for the best...
Rob's Halfway House ~ Team Edward ~ Cullenist ~
ringswraith
Running with Leah 'cause she thinks I'm hawt

Post by ringswraith »

Well they've mentioned that Edward supposedly gets beaten up more than once in this film. At least one of those times is supposed to be by Jane.

Which makes me worry about Breaking Dawn, if that ever comes to film. The big confrontation at the end worked specifically because you thought a fight would break out, and it didn't.

They should have kept the fighting in Eclipse. At least there, it's reasonable.
AliceFan
Wandering Through Town

Post by AliceFan »

ringswraith wrote:Well they've mentioned that Edward supposedly gets beaten up more than once in this film. At least one of those times is supposed to be by Jane.

Which makes me worry about Breaking Dawn, if that ever comes to film. The big confrontation at the end worked specifically because you thought a fight would break out, and it didn't.

I'm right there with you, Ringswraith. It's so unfortunate that these days scriptwriters and movie makers don't know how to convey excitement and tension if it's of a psychological nature rather than a physical one. Seems like the only way they know how to portray conflict is through physical confrontations, which is a very base, crude way of telling a story. I'm thinking particularly of Breaking Dawn, where so much was said in what was NOT said. And as far as Jane beating up Edward goes...yuk! That's a prime example of what I'm talking about!
Avelin
Settled in Forks

Post by Avelin »

Sorry if this have already been discussed but...

Is anyone else worried about the fact that Edward will not only be a spoken voice in Bella's head, but that she will also be able to see him? I'm quite worried as to how they are going to portray this and that it will become qutie silly. Reading NM I always imagined Bella almost closing her eyes to see Edwards face while hearing his voice, now it feels like he will be standing next to her almost like a ghost?

And what about the demand of Bella marrying him? Is there any truth to the roumours that the will infact make it so that it will be a totally different demand than marrige?
Dovrebanen
Red-Eyed Vampire

Post by Dovrebanen »

I was very worried about her seeing him. But a lot of people said that it would be hard to make it believeable and relateable only with a voice over. So now I think it's okay if he's on the screen. And they don't have to make it so that she sees him. He can be behind her or something. I'm more worried about how they are going to portray him. If he is going to be scary.

As for the proposal...I don't know, but there is definitely a strong rumour that Edward will ask her for something else in return for him being the one to change her... So I'm only hoping it won't be sex :roll: That would be so out of character that I would cry..

ringswraith wrote:Well they've mentioned that Edward supposedly gets beaten up more than once in this film. At least one of those times is supposed to be by Jane.

Very good points, rings. It just bugs me since Jane's powers are supposed to work on the mental level. That's what makes her so scary. You can't do anything about it. So to have her physically attack Edward would be silly. And I don't think the Volturi are like that. They don't like to get their hands dirty. And if they want to kill someone I think they do it clean and swiftly.
Rob's Halfway House ~ Team Edward ~ Cullenist ~
spicey16
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by spicey16 »

AliceFan wrote:

I'm right there with you, Ringswraith. It's so unfortunate that these days scriptwriters and movie makers don't know how to convey excitement and tension if it's of a psychological nature rather than a physical one. Seems like the only way they know how to portray conflict is through physical confrontations, which is a very base, crude way of telling a story. I'm thinking particularly of Breaking Dawn, where so much was said in what was NOT said. And as far as Jane beating up Edward goes...yuk! That's a prime example of what I'm talking about!
all this psychological talk makes me think of hannibel lector *sp? in silence of the lambs. in the movies you know the terrible things he has done but he never actually does anything (at first anyway) but speak in twisted riddles and it still makes your hair stand on end!!