Discussion of the New Moon Movie

Moderator: bac

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
AvidDreamer
Settled in Forks

Re: New Moon movie, take 5

Post by AvidDreamer »

Just to reiterate what almost everyone else's saying... I loved the trailer! The colors are so much richer, almost having a reddish tint to them where Twilight was inundated in blue. Everything seems so much more alive somehow, even with the vampires finally looking like the undead! :P I think the make-up work is infinitely better and I loved, how is it that you guys are putting it, the fursplosion. Like that word, makes the wolves sound like teddy bears or something. :lol:

Also, I don't know if I'm the first one to bring this up, but has anyone else noticed that Edward is wearing the same clothing that he wore to Bella's birthday party during the break-up scene? My guess is that they skip the 'awkward, distant' Edward and have him leave her the next day... That or he just disappears for a few days, maybe looking for Jasper, and comes back in the same clothing? Either way it seems as though they've edited a portion of the book out, but since it seems as though it's all in the interest of time, I don't necessarily object. They could have included a short montage of Edward being distant and spending more time with Charlie than with Bella after her birthday, but if they take that part of the book out I'm not going to be too disappointed.
Lunna-san
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by Lunna-san »

I just watched the trailer. I think it was pretty awsome. I kind of missed the Volturi. But the essence of the book was pretty much there. And the scene with Laurent... wow, that gave me goose gumps. And if Laurent creeped me out, I really can't wait to see how Alec and Jane will work together.

I agree with the people who blames Melissa. You can even say that she wrote a scrip loosely based on Twilight. ut you can't call that an adaptation. She left, in my opinion, some key points out of her script. Things and senteces that any Twilighter knows by heart. So, she screwed up on the first film. I just pray for her to be more inspirated this time. :roll:
lilmisstrouble
Jump Starting Bella's Truck
Location: Isle of Esme. Between feathers and broken headboards.

Post by lilmisstrouble »

AvidDreamer wrote:
Also, I don't know if I'm the first one to bring this up, but has anyone else noticed that Edward is wearing the same clothing that he wore to Bella's birthday party during the break-up scene? My guess is that they skip the 'awkward, distant' Edward and have him leave her the next day... That or he just disappears for a few days, maybe looking for Jasper, and comes back in the same clothing?
Yes, I did notice that he wears the same blue button-down shirt and gray jacket in all of the scenes he was in the trailer. Also, same blue shirt he strips down in Italy. Looks like our Edward had a very limited wardrobe for New Moon... Or he is one of those people who likes a shirt so much, he bought more than one. :)

I really liked Edward's style for Twilight. He was a very trendy teenager, I totally dug his peacoat and the rest of outfits. He has a more serious, grown-up look for New Moon. The jacket, the shoes, the overall style... I know this movie is darker, Edward is more serious, and doesn't have to pretend he's a teenager anymore when he goes away, but I miss the old Edward...

What do you guys think?
"Does my being half-naked bother you?"
Yes, please take the other half off. xoxo

http://www.whatwouldedwardcullendo.blogspot.com
Dovrebanen
Red-Eyed Vampire

Post by Dovrebanen »

lilmisstrouble wrote: I really liked Edward's style for Twilight. He was a very trendy teenager, I totally dug his peacoat and the rest of outfits. He has a more serious, grown-up look for New Moon. The jacket, the shoes, the overall style... I know this movie is darker, Edward is more serious, and doesn't have to pretend he's a teenager anymore when he goes away, but I miss the old Edward...

What do you guys think?
I wasn't crazy about his wardrobe in Twilight.
I think Rob looks so good in that suit. I think it's mostly just that he's dressed up for Bella's birthday. But I don't like the pants he has on when he's in Italy...I wanted him to use more jeans and a shirt.
Rob's Halfway House ~ Team Edward ~ Cullenist ~
lady4string

Post by lady4string »

Is he in the same shirt because he never changed clothes from leaving Forks to searching in S America?
maybeshescrazy
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by maybeshescrazy »

Come on, we've only seen what amounts to two different scenes of Edward, one of which follows closely on from the first and by it's content explains why he might be wearing the same thing. I'm fairly sure Edward just dressed up nicely for Bella's party, and will look pretty much the same in all the other "normal" scenes as he did in Twilight.

Hmm, I wonder if this new lighting will make my mum have a different view of him. With that ghastly bluish tint in Twilight, the first scene where he walks in, admittedly, he doesn't look his best (compared to say, the prom scene where they seemed to leave the blue out). When I first watched it with my mum, I paused it soon after, and asked her what she thought. Her reply:
"Well, the girl who plays Bella is very pretty, but I hope you don't fancy that Edward guy?! He's so UGLY!" :o :lol:
RebeccaCullen
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by RebeccaCullen »

maybeshescrazy wrote: Hmm, I wonder if this new lighting will make my mum have a different view of him. With that ghastly bluish tint in Twilight, the first scene where he walks in, admittedly, he doesn't look his best (compared to say, the prom scene where they seemed to leave the blue out). When I first watched it with my mum, I paused it soon after, and asked her what she thought. Her reply:
"Well, the girl who plays Bella is very pretty, but I hope you don't fancy that Edward guy?! He's so UGLY!" :o :lol:
:lol: Wouldn't be the last person to complain how Rob looks.

Now is it just me, or does Edward's hair look shorter this time around from what we've seen?

The trailer has my hopes up for the movie. I honestly can't stand reading the book the entire time that Edward is gone, but from that minute and a half, I want November to come.
UnfreakinBelievable
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by UnfreakinBelievable »

Yes, I believe Rob's hair is shorter -- and I LOVE it!! I like his sideburns more too.

I didn't really love his whole look for Twilight, it looked like they took a curling iron to his hair to get it to flip back in the front (would Edward really use a curling iron??), and then there was that pesky little pea coat -- I think Rob said it best on the commentary when he was talking about the frat boys scene and he said something like "Oooh, look at me, I'm so scarey . . in my little pea coat" :lol: It was worth listening to the entire commentary to hear that one little thing from him.

What I DID like in Twilight on Rob is his outfit he wore in the school parking lot when he said "Since I'm going to hell . . . " 8-)

New Moon Teaser #1 = LOVE
pennybug84
Protector of Jacob's Honor

Post by pennybug84 »

RebeccaCullen wrote:The trailer has my hopes up for the movie. I honestly can't stand reading the book the entire time that Edward is gone, but from that minute and a half, I want November to come.
I know what you mean, I feel exactly the same way. That 90 seconds or whatever just made me excited for November.

That's why I'm torn on seeing the movie. It'll be so sad & depressing when Edward leaves & then to see the pain Bella goes through ugh! But I'm looking forward to see how they do the full b-day scene & breakup scene. And then Bella's cliff diving & the rush to Italy to save Edward. And I really want to see the Volturi. (Come on Summit, give us some photos of the ALREADY!)
"She doesn't know what she wants" - Jacob Black "Yeah she does!" - Rob Pattinson
-Jasper
Wishing for a Yellow 911 Turbo
Location: *England* Co-owning dumb hat with Ayan. Watching over y'all and making typos into words. XD

Post by -Jasper »

I have realised why the wolf scene was so different, it is when Jake phases with Paul.

I loved it.

I liked.
- Rob being paler.
- It seems to stick to the book better.
- It isn't in that depressing blue tint twilight was in.
- The actors make me believe they are the characters.
Team Rose | Jeninininini, The List | Tia - Twi-twin | Derek - Twi-Guy