Discussion of the New Moon Movie

Moderator: bac

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
dopeydm
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Re: New Moon Trailer

Post by dopeydm »

When i was in HS (yes it was a while ago), Honors classes didn't focus on the "more work" aspect. They were more thought provoking and, for me, were easier than the other classes.

I waited until Twilight was at the $3 theater. I love the books, but the first movie wasn't as good as I hoped it was. The New Moon trailer did look really good, but not sure if it is good enough to see a midnight showing and be to work at 6am the next morning. Sorry!
"But you see, just because we've been...dealt a certain hand...it doesn't mean that we can't choose to rise above -- to conquer the boundaries of a destiny that none of us wanted."
twi-nerd
Fishing with Charlie

Post by twi-nerd »

I thought that Twilight was gonna be good by the trailer but it wasn't what I expected.
My favorite band Pierce the Veil. I LOVE VIC FUENTES!! Thank you so much Chloe for the banner.
n0vaice
I'm A Proud Twilight Guy
Location: On a beach, half dipped in a beautiful blue sea, under the summer rain. Waiting for YOU to kiss me.

Post by n0vaice »

133 days to go or 19 weeks to go! Woot! Woot!

We are doing the count down cause we're Twiguys and Twiguys are awesome!
ÖBLF = GennyÖ∩WA∩ΦMed StudentΦÜHanny's grand frere܃ Karl Valentino Brassi ~ Mafiaƒ
ΘSami, Rose, Fatima, Raven and Mimi are my Twi-GirlsΘΩTetrarch of LexicalliaΩ
debussygirl
Joining the Hunt for Enemies

Post by debussygirl »

twi-nerd wrote:I thought that Twilight was gonna be good by the trailer but it wasn't what I expected.
This is true.
But for some reason, I trust Chris more than Catherine. He's not so...weird. And I think that has quite a bit to do with why Twilight wasn't up to par with the book. I mean, Edward climbing trees? :?
And, Chris kept Stitches in, so I trust that he respects the book.
Team Edward&Esme~SBS Assistant 2 the Cobosses~APPC
St Cullens Head of Neurology~Tetrarch
Need something to read? Try http://www.jennacooper.com
Mrs.TeddyBear
Playing Thunderball

Post by Mrs.TeddyBear »

^^I agree. I heard Chris is making it more mainstream feeling, whereas Catherine tried to make it indie-ish. I think that'll make it feel like its part of the twilight saga, because the books didnt give off an indie vibe like Catherine thought.

I was really nervous about how Chris would interpret NM, but the trailer reassured me a tad.
APPCShopper|Mafia~GabbyTagliano
AntoinetteFrost~JCA|TeamEdward&Esme|EDCCS|2ICofRJR
EDCBackhoeOperator|GarageCheerCpt&2IC|SBSLevel1Bodygaurd
Amanda Beth
Has Caught Sight of Edward

Post by Amanda Beth »

debussygirl wrote:
twi-nerd wrote:I thought that Twilight was gonna be good by the trailer but it wasn't what I expected.
This is true.
But for some reason, I trust Chris more than Catherine. He's not so...weird. And I think that has quite a bit to do with why Twilight wasn't up to par with the book. I mean, Edward climbing trees? :?
And, Chris kept Stitches in, so I trust that he respects the book.
Just because it was filmed doesn't mean he's keeping it in the movie... I mean I can't imagine he wouldn't but just saying...
debussygirl

Post by debussygirl »

Yes, but even the fact that he found it important enough to film says a lot. And I can't picture him making up a whole new scene just to cut it out.
n0vaice
I'm A Proud Twilight Guy
Location: On a beach, half dipped in a beautiful blue sea, under the summer rain. Waiting for YOU to kiss me.

Post by n0vaice »

132 days to go or 18 Weeks and 6 Days to go! Woot! Woot!

We are doing the count down cause we're Twiguys and Twiguys are awesome!
ÖBLF = GennyÖ∩WA∩ΦMed StudentΦÜHanny's grand frere܃ Karl Valentino Brassi ~ Mafiaƒ
ΘSami, Rose, Fatima, Raven and Mimi are my Twi-GirlsΘΩTetrarch of LexicalliaΩ
gamb1t
I'm A Proud Twilight Guy

Post by gamb1t »

^^ He won't cut out the stitches scene, Peter F. has already said that part is in the movie....I don't know why people are kinda being negative, maybe it's because twilight the movie kinda sucked from a book point of view and no one wants to get their hopes up...or maybe people still can't see a man directing a movie adaptation from the twilight saga (sorry to those fans because the next 2 are guys...), but nevertheless, I'm still really pumped and trust CW all the way
ImageImageImageImage
debussygirl

Post by debussygirl »

Catherine was a woman and didn't do a good job on Twilight, so I don't see why a man couldn't do good. There have been a ton of romantic films done by men and done right.