Moderator: bac

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Asheleyo
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Re: New Moon Trailer

Post by Asheleyo »

gamb1t wrote:
Asheleyo wrote:So, just went to see Harry Potter: HBP and there was no New Moon trailer...so sad....
It wasn't a bad movie though...better than the last one lol....kinda different from the book...and even though they left out a few things I thought they might put in there...I wasn't too mad and enjoyed watching it ;)

EDIT: Actually, the more I think about it...Ugh on the movie...It was better than OotP, but not by much....The scenes added into the movie weren't needed, and were just downright confusing...anyway...

EDIT 2: Since this is the trailer thread, I guess I should mention 126 days (18 weeks) until New Moon

*end rant*
Yeah, when I got home, a number of things started to hit home and I realized just how much they left out and just how stupid the added in scenes were. I was actually enjoying the movie, though, up until the return from the cave. Then it hit rock bottom and caused me to rethink the rest of the movie.
Precisely because death awaits us in the end, we must live fully.

Stars did fly toward each other, irresistibly, as if they were falling in love. And millions of years later, lovers on Earth drew together and fell in love, watching the stars fall.
browneyedgirl25
Settled in Forks

Post by browneyedgirl25 »

im sure this has probably been discussed elsewhere on the board and i just can't find it, so forgive me if that is the case .... but i've read a bunch of times that the next new moon trailer is coming out in front of the movie bandslam on august 14th. how long do you guys think it will take for it to be posted online?? i'm contemplating going to see that movie the day it comes out just because i'm so anxious for the next trailer!! but i suppose i could wait if i'd be able to see it online a day or two later
"I promise to love you forever - every single day of forever."

"Now you know. No one's ever loved anyone as much as I love you."
CullensGirl14
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by CullensGirl14 »

Kinda moving away from the trailer side of this discussion, but has anyone seen the picture of Jake in the rain shirtless?! It was on MTV UK, i will try and put the link up, but OMG!!!! *drools* Why oh why isn't it November yet?!

http://www.mtv.co.uk/film/twilight/gall ... ve?$123349$

It should work...*crosses fingers*

Back to the trailer, anyone else think that Edward sounds different?! i know that he is in pain lying to Bella about leaving, but still to me he sounds completely different to Twilight.
Where is the horse and the rider? Where is the horn that was blowing? They have passed like rain on the mountain, like wind in the meadow. The days have gone down in the West behind the hills into shadow. How did it come to this?
Jadey
Resisting Temptation With Carlisle

Post by Jadey »

To me, Edward sounds older.
Which is the vibe I got from reading the book.

He sounds.. more careful and meaningful.

Even though it's probably unintentional, I like it.
^ by ForJazz
"Theres a lot of like, feminist issues with the book. Like, 'Oh, she's so devoted to him' and well yeah, she's in love with him"
- Kristen Stewart
TNO
Wandering Through Town

Post by TNO »

Hm, I saw it Wednesday when I went to go see HBP... It looks to be just as over-the-top and wangsty as Twilight was, though, if Jacob's shifting was anything to go by, the special effects have greatly improved.
DangerMagnet43
Settled in Forks

Post by DangerMagnet43 »

I think at one time I mentioned my concern about the cgi for Jacobs transfomation. I read somewhere that what we saw in the original trailer has been worked over a bit. Has anyone else heard this?
Jadey
Resisting Temptation With Carlisle

Post by Jadey »

Yup, the wolves are different to the trailer now.
CW said so in an interview:

" Weitz was surprised with how quickly Phil Tippet’s company turned around the Jacob wolf shot at the end of the first teaser trailer. The shot has gone through numerous iterations and is much more photorealistic than that version."

Link to interview
^ by ForJazz
"Theres a lot of like, feminist issues with the book. Like, 'Oh, she's so devoted to him' and well yeah, she's in love with him"
- Kristen Stewart
DangerMagnet43
Settled in Forks

Post by DangerMagnet43 »

I did read that one, lol. So much for the memory banks!
debussygirl
Joining the Hunt for Enemies

Post by debussygirl »

browneyedgirl25 wrote:im sure this has probably been discussed elsewhere on the board and i just can't find it, so forgive me if that is the case .... but i've read a bunch of times that the next new moon trailer is coming out in front of the movie bandslam on august 14th. how long do you guys think it will take for it to be posted online?? i'm contemplating going to see that movie the day it comes out just because i'm so anxious for the next trailer!! but i suppose i could wait if i'd be able to see it online a day or two later
I am not giving Vanessa Hudgens any money.
I can wait. I will be patient. And perhaps youtube will be of service...that helps.
Team Edward&Esme~SBS Assistant 2 the Cobosses~APPC
St Cullens Head of Neurology~Tetrarch
Need something to read? Try http://www.jennacooper.com
themeadow
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by themeadow »

I heard from several people that they saw the NM trailer before HFB, but I saw the movie yesterday and there was no Edward/Bella/Jacob love in sight :( .
These violent delights have violent ends. And in their triumph die, like fire and powder, which as they kiss, consume.