Discussion of the New Moon Movie

Moderator: bac

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Nena
Altering source code with Jasper

New moon special effects

Post by Nena »

You can talk about the movie special effects in this thread.
debussygirl
Joining the Hunt for Enemies

Re: New moon special effects

Post by debussygirl »

So far the effects look AWESOME. Or maybe just in comparison to Twilight.
I mean seriously, look at how Jacob climbed up Bella's wall and compare it to Edward's horrendous tree-climbing. It is a million times better! I think the special effects are going to be way awesome from the taste we've gotten of it so far.
Team Edward&Esme~SBS Assistant 2 the Cobosses~APPC
St Cullens Head of Neurology~Tetrarch
Need something to read? Try http://www.jennacooper.com
switzgal
Acquiring a Taste for Mountain Lion

Post by switzgal »

^^^ you're right. I hated that entire monkey climbing effect they had in Twilight. Plus I hated that Catherine allowed the actors to change their lines, while "Spider Monkey" is a cute term of endearment, it was NOT in Twilight the book.
I didn't know who to blame for the missed lines, and missed scenes, Melissa, the actors (who I've read some didn't want to say certain lines from the book and changed it.) or Catherine.

I hope in New Moon they just stick to the lines and scenes in the book.They're perfect the way SM wrote them. I didn't understand why they needed to add scenes that weren't in the book instead of filling the time they shot those scenes with the ones we all wanted to see from the book. I never liked the field trip scene, instead they should've extended the meadow scene with lines in the book or used the time for that scenes covering other parts they've missed.
lionlover
Wandering Through Town
Location: Listening to Debussy with Edward, in his bedroom ;)

Post by lionlover »

I agree. I love the lines from the books! It's the perfect script! I didn't like how much they deviated in Twilight. So far it sounds like New Moon will not disappoint! also the special effects look way cool! I can't wait to see how they changed the vamp sparkle to make it better. Weitz is like the special fx king so I'm sure he'll make us proud!
Ugh I'm too impatient for November! Get here already!
"Do I dazzle you?" -Edward Cullen
"Frequently" -Me

theotherStephanie
Wandering Through Town
Location: Really in Washington, sitting under a Madrone tree waiting for Stephenie to finish Midnight Sun

Post by theotherStephanie »

I'm very hopeful that as the success of the movie(s) continues, the budget for special effects will increase. Summit HAS to realize what a gold mine they have! I'm sure the execs know the addage, you have to spend money to make money.
Carlisle's medical transcriptionist
Edward's piano student
Esme's historic restoration research assistant
Alice's wardrobe consultant
Who knew cold hands could be so HOT??!!
Jazzy'sgirl112108
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by Jazzy'sgirl112108 »

i totally love all the quotes too!! i swear im gonna go to the theater and count how many quotes there are! im not really loving the wolf effects so far, i think they look too much like a typical wild dog. but, otherwise i think Chris is gonna make us proud!! officially 40 days till!! why cant we just skip october and go to november already??
Betting on Alice.
DramaPrincezz013
Wrestling With Emmett
Location: Bouncing back and forth between Forks and Mystic Falls

Post by DramaPrincezz013 »

I just have to say, that judging from the first trailer, i didnt really like the jacob wolf at all. But they showed a clip of that scene on ET tonight, and i have to say they changed the wolf some, and it made it look absolutely perfect. (:
The ListV2~Apple::::Mafia~Eva DiMarco::::On bunches of teams!
"You're the closest to heaven that I'll ever be, and I don't wanna go home right now." </3
RebeccaCullen
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by RebeccaCullen »

I love what Chris Weitz has done with the special effects. The budget is bigger then Twilight's, but still relatively small compared to what some fantasy movies get, and you really can't tell it's got a low budget. So far what I've seen in regards to the effects, they are a huge step up from the first film. I really can't wait to see all of the effects in motion.
TwilightRose1
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by TwilightRose1 »

I agree, I think the Jacob/wolf thing is a little weird looking. I thought they might make him more realistic rather than obviously fake.. Myabe it'll improve in different scenes of the movie..? I'm pretty excited about the things they'll do with the Volturi in terms of special effects.. like their different powers and such. So exciting! :mrgreen:
swedishskinjer
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by swedishskinjer »

Apparently, New Moon's budget is around $60M.

However, the wolves look FANTASTIC! They don't look fake at all. In the close up of that one eye, it looks incredibly realistic, from the eye moving to the hair peppered around it. When they roar, the fur even rumbles realistically.