Discussion of the New Moon Movie

Moderator: bac

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
TeAm_EdWaRd
Wandering Through Town

Re: I've Seen New Moon! (Spoiler Alert)

Post by TeAm_EdWaRd »

Amanda Beth wrote:I just reread New Moon and I'm pretty sure Bella actually doesn't cry that much. She does at the end when she's back with Edward, I know that for sure, but that was cut so short in the movie. And I believe after her and Jacob "break up"... but remember she's numb throughout this story.

She'll HAVE to cry in Eclipse.
I agree with you. I am reading it for the second time now and after Edward left her, she did not cry in the book (it was not mentioned)... As for the movie: I think I saw tears on her face when she was lying in the forest (after the break-up scene)... LOL I am not sure though. Apart from that, I think Kristen did an amazing job! Loved her as the 'broken' Bella, she was really believable! :)

I really don't understand why people criticize her acting all the time. She's so good!
elizabella
Jump Starting Bella's Truck
Location: In our cottage, discussing the latest fashion trends with Alice.

Post by elizabella »

Oh my heavens, I've seen NM three times so far and each time I love it more and more. The first time I went to the Nordstroms event and there were a few too many screams but whatever. I'm going to try and just point out some of my favorite bits because there are too many to mention

From the second Bella quotes Romeo & Juliet I knew this was going to be a film like no other and I loved how her Volterra nightmare slipped right into her Grandma nightmare.

Meadow was 1 million times better than a stupid golf course in LA or wherever it was. Then when she finds the meadow again it's all dead and brown like Edward being around keeps it alive.

Makeup - Rosalie actually looked pretty in this film (I was a big hater before) Kristen looked stunning, she looked mature and happy then devastated then happy. She looked such a youngster in Twilight that I couldn't see her becoming a mother or getting married but I totally can now. Also all the vampires makeup was consistent, no more red ears!

Aro and all the Volturi - soooo perfect I cannot even start to comment on them..the red eyes argh!!

Jake/Taylor - I'm not the first to say it and I won't be the last but this was definitely Taylor's movie. Most of my favorite scenes were centered around him, and (at least for Bella) I'm usually Team Edward.
Did you see his concern when Bella was missing in the forest? It looked like he'd been crying
Possibly my all time favorite scene is when he tells Bella to go away when he's in the rain. You can see he has the whole
weight of the world on his shoulders and he's so heartbroken and conflicted (ok he looks good too)
When he's in Bella's room trying to tell her to remember and not being able to. Acting like you physically can't say
something cannot be easy
In the kitchen when he decides she's worth risking the treaty to protect her. Especially when he nearly kisses her
and says something...maybe I love you...in Queleute (if somebody could write those words down I'd appreciate it) I
saw it as a precursor to Breaking Dawn how he breaks with the pack to protect her again.

I LOVED how they had Victoria cause Harry's death. That whole sequence to Hearing Damage is excellence! It also forms a really good link to the next book how Leah and Seth turn into wolves like in the ancient story Taha Aki's (maybe) sons change when they see him (or was it their mother) killed by the vampire.

I hated how everybody laughed and is criticizing Alice's vision of Bella as a vampire. Nobody said it was meant to be modern day just like Edward wears more Edwardian (tee hee) coat in Bella's dream of Gran, they're wearing more old fashioned clothes here too. I didn't think it was meant to be her first hunt especially since her eyes were already gold.

The first time I saw it, I though Alice and Edward's eyes weren't darker when they come back to Bella either in Forks or Italy but I think the last time I saw it they are a little darker.

My one huge concern was why did Bella ask Edward to read Jacob's mind at the end?!? :o She's supposed to be the one that knows he'll never hurt her. It seemed like such a betrayal. Also MR didn't have Edward say that saying he didn't love her was the blackest kind of blasphemy. What is it about this crazy woman that she has to have one major line left out in each movie!

I would give it probably a 9.7 or 9.8 just because Melissa was still the screenwriter but I loved loved loved it and will probably see it 2-3 more times in the cinema.

Alice's Party Planning Committe: (*bag carrier*)
Team Alice- Because sometimes it is better to be small.
dandyvampgirl_13
So Jealous of Emily

Post by dandyvampgirl_13 »

elizabella wrote: Meadow was 1 million times better than a stupid golf course in LA or wherever it was. Then when she finds the meadow again it's all dead and brown like Edward being around keeps it alive.
I would like the point out that the field she finds is NOT the meadow. It is the baseball field, and is labeled as such in the book. At least, I'm pretty sure... *thinks; runs off to check in New Moon*

I'd rather have Kirsten crying than sounding like she's going into labor 24/7. Bleh.
ringswraith
Running with Leah 'cause she thinks I'm hawt

Post by ringswraith »

Sorry- in the book, it's the meadow. She doesn't see the baseball clearing again until Eclipse.
TeAm_EdWaRd
Wandering Through Town

Post by TeAm_EdWaRd »

elizabella wrote:My one huge concern was why did Bella ask Edward to read Jacob's mind at the end?!? :o She's supposed to be the one that knows he'll never hurt her. It seemed like such a betrayal. Also MR didn't have Edward say that saying he didn't love her was the blackest kind of blasphemy. What is it about this crazy woman that she has to have one major line left out in each movie!
I totally agree with you on these points esp. on the 'blasphemy' one... So sad! :(
dandyvampgirl_13
So Jealous of Emily

Post by dandyvampgirl_13 »

Hot dang!
I apologize, elizabella. I could have sworn it was the baseball field, though... just without Silver Falls in the background. Hmm.
ringswraith
Running with Leah 'cause she thinks I'm hawt

Post by ringswraith »

Re: Bella asking Edward to read Jacob's mind.

The way I interpreted that scene is thus:

Bella wanted to comfort Jacob. She couldn't just approach him because she thought that Edward would do something rash. I think her tone meant it as a challenge to Edward- sort of like saying "You really think he's going to hurt me? Read his mind for yourself."

The fact that she doesn't really wait for him to answer and hugs Jacob anyway tells me that she had every confidence that Jacob wouldn't harm her.
elizabella
Jump Starting Bella's Truck
Location: In our cottage, discussing the latest fashion trends with Alice.

Post by elizabella »

Ok Ringswraith, I think I can see it like that. It does make sense that she was challenging Edward. Good thinking :D

Alice's Party Planning Committe: (*bag carrier*)
Team Alice- Because sometimes it is better to be small.
openfire
Touched By Cold Hands

Post by openfire »

Jazz Girl wrote:Favorite scene: Hands down, the glimpse of Edward in Brazil. That Chris Weitz included that scene was pure brilliance and a total nod to the fans. And, Rob in that scene literally shattered my heart.
Yep. Such an excellent idea of CW to put that scene in. The look on Edward's face breaks me....
dandyvampgirl_13 wrote:Jacob's long hair- Am I the only person who would rather have Taylor with long hair???
Nope, not the only one ;)
bluestocking_girl wrote:The wolves were awesome. OK, confession: I am TERRIFIED of the Gumorck in the Neverending Story movie (anybody see that as a kid?). Literally. He gives me nightmares to this day. So in the scene where the wolves show up to do Laurent in, and the first thing you see is the big black wolf (pretty sure that was Sam), oh man oh man oh man, I had my fist against my mouth for that whole scene.
I thought the exact same thing!! I proper loved The Neverending Story, but was terrified of the Gumorck! I used to eitrher close my eyes at that part, or fast forward it :lol: But the wolves in New Moon (esp. Sam) looked really similar!!
elizabella wrote:My one huge concern was why did Bella ask Edward to read Jacob's mind at the end?!? :o She's supposed to be the one that knows he'll never hurt her. It seemed like such a betrayal. Also MR didn't have Edward say that saying he didn't love her was the blackest kind of blasphemy. What is it about this crazy woman that she has to have one major line left out in each movie!
Ok ringswraith already bet me to this :lol: but I was gonna say the same thing. That Bella wasn't actually asking Edward to read his mind because she was afraid of Jacob; she was doing it to prove to Edward that he wouldn't hurt her.
Banner by the super talented TammyAZ!
DramaPrincezz013
Wrestling With Emmett
Location: Bouncing back and forth between Forks and Mystic Falls

Post by DramaPrincezz013 »

TeAm_EdWaRd wrote: I really don't understand why people criticize her acting all the time. She's so good!
I agree! I hate how people give her a hard time. Sure, she wasn't her best in Twilight but I thought she was fantastic in New Moon, and I think she's a great actress all around. This was Kristen's movie, IMO.
The ListV2~Apple::::Mafia~Eva DiMarco::::On bunches of teams!
"You're the closest to heaven that I'll ever be, and I don't wanna go home right now." </3