Moderator: bac

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Bronze Haired Girl
Human History Archivist
Location: Driving through the Tennessee mountains with Emmett

I've Seen New Moon! (Spoiler Alert)

Post by Bronze Haired Girl »

If you've seen New Moon, this is the place to discuss it without worrying about giving away spoilers to those who haven't seen it yet.
Banner by urcoolcarrie
Nikki--
Settled in Forks

Re: I've Seen New Moon! (Spoiler Alert)

Post by Nikki-- »

I've seen it twice now and it is so AMAZING. Seriously, even though I like the story of 'Twilight' better, this is by far the better movie.

I really loved the humour in this one, there were some really funny bits, like the cinema with Mike and Jacob, the birthday party and some of the scenes with Quil and Embry. The fight scene with the Volturi is simply perfect. I was kind of worried it'd look silly because some of the special effects in 'Twilight' were poorly executed (imo), but they nailed it here. I was genuinely scared for Edward, even though I knew he wasn't going to get hurt, it was so frightening to see him losing this fight. The short little scene of Alice's vision where they actually twist his neck was even worse. I love how they showed the struggle, it looked so realistic. Vampire fights can easily seem silly, but here it was done so well. Seeing the film also made me kind of like Jacob. I never liked the book version of him, but it's very hard not to like him when you see how good he is to Bella. My favourite bits were the romantic scenes though, especially at the end when Edward's in Bella's room and he apologizes for leaving. That whole speech made me tear up, it was so beautiful. Reading the book, I couldn't believe how Bella could just forgive him, but seeing it on the screen made me understand.

The music was also perfectly picked. It's a lot calmer and sadder than the music of 'Twilight' and used brilliantly. They knew when to stop the music and just let the dialogue speak for itself, which made those scenes so much stronger.

I also have to give huge props to Kristen for this one. I have to admit I didn't really appreciate her acting in 'Twilight', but she did such a fantastic job here. Portraying those extremely strong emotions has got to be incredibly hard and she did it perfectly. The screaming in her sleep broke my heart. The scene where she sits in the chair in front of the window and the names of the months pass by is also just brilliant. I was really hoping they would incorporate it in the film. The expression on her face is spot on.

The only scene I really missed is where Alice and Charlie talk about what it was like after Edward left. I don't really know why but that's probably my favourite part of the book so I was sad to see it didn't make the film. I don't blame then though, I understand they can't put every little thing of the book in there. What matters is that overall they really stuck to the book and did an amazing job of bringing it to life on screen.

If I have to give 'New Moon' a rating it's definitely a 9.5, I can't really say anything bad about it apart from them leaving out a few scenes I liked.
Zina
Settled in Forks

Post by Zina »

Thanks for opening up the discussion thread Nikki :D

Like I have already said I loved the movie! - it met all my expectations - Chris Weitz did a fantastic job!
Honestly I think there are too many favourite parts to mention but here are a few:

Chemistry - I absolutely have to say the chemistry between Edward and Bella has improved. I don't know if it's just that Rob and Kris are more comfortable with each other but WOW!

Opening Scene - it was done so well. I'm glad they left that part in the movie because I do think it was an important theme in the book and for those who would have gone to see the movie without reading the books I think it really needed to be emphasised.

Birthday Party Scene - I have to say that Rosalie looked so much better in the movie than in the screen shots with have been seeing. I particularily liked the scene between Bella and Carlisle.

Breakup Scene - Okay I cried. I could probably watch it 100 times and still cry. I really wanted to get up and slap Edward - it was harsh and I think Kristen played her part so better than from what I had initially seen in the leaked (really grainy) version of that scene. I was quite judgemental with what I had seen with her performance but I have to eat my words. I thought it was heartwrenching and she portrayed the emotion perfectly.

JACOB! - Though I am Team Edward through and through I was absolutely blown away with Taylor's performance and PHROAW! Take your shirt off anytime Jacob :D I'm now seeing an appreciation for the wolves!

Emily's House - LOVED THEM! Perfectly cast Wolfpack. Such natural interaction between them. The scene at Emily's house was great and I loved the Paul apologised to Bella and laughed the whole thing off like she was one of the boys.

The Volturi - ROCKED OUT!!! Michael Sheen was wonderful as we knew he would be, Dakota Fanning was just awesome. Especially her entrance. Like an evil little red riding hood. It was a shame it was such a small part. Jamie portrayal of Caius though brief, captured his boredom perfectly. I wish I could have more of everyone.

The Movies - "Marshmellow" :lol: :lol:

Anything with Jessica in it - she is such a scene stealer

The Ending - The look on Bella's face and then fade to black! Even though I want more and I'm now counting down till June when BD comes out I felt the ending worked really well. I did feel satisfied.

I could go on and on, Harry Clearwater, Laurent, Victoria ( :( about Rachelle ) CHARLIE! - OMG Charlie was awesome as always! ... see I have to stop :P

I'm getting quite sick of all the negative reviews and haters out there. I think if you didn't like the books, and didn't like the first movie then you are not going to enjoy the film. In saying that this is the biggest movie of the year and has already broken records for ticket sales so those critics can go and eat their words.

I have already booked tickets to go and see it again tonight and I'm probably going again early next week with friends as well. I can't get over how much I loved the film. I know there are quite a few people who have said they don't like this soundtrack as much as the one from Twilight but I disagree. I loved the music and was very conscious of the songs when they appeared in the movie
marielle
Cliff Diving with Embry

Post by marielle »

OMG... I just love the end of this movie..... I've been so dying to here those words.....
WOW Rob, was hot when he said those words.....

O, here is my loved list:
- Michael Sheen, he nailed Aro, specially his first introduction.... it was exactly like I imagined....
- Charlie, the awkward father... so good, loved that they have him running in on Bella everytime she screamed....
- Rachel as Victoria... she is so beautiful... so perfect..... so good..... I love her...
- Carlisle, when he is talking to Bella about his believes... that guy is hot..... ( hope my mom falls for him)..
- The introduction of Jaspers powers... so funny....
-the proposal..... I just died....then..
- and Emmet..... so funny

I could go on forever... they stayed close to the books.... it worked really well...

there were a few minors.....
- I think Kris over did the pain thing....a bit
- and mike.... I didn't like mike much......to quick to shot the gun....
These violent delights, have violent endings...Like fire and gunpowder, they consume what they kiss

Respect Team Robsten, Proud addict of the halfway house
Zina
Settled in Forks

Post by Zina »

marielle wrote: -the proposal..... I just died....then..
Yeah I really like it - Bella's face OMG! I think it was the perfect way to end the movie.
marielle
Cliff Diving with Embry

Post by marielle »

Zina wrote:
marielle wrote: -the proposal..... I just died....then..
Yeah I really like it - Bella's face OMG! I think it was the perfect way to end the movie.
But the smile on edwards face when he asked it... was really WOW...
I was like :o the whole scene and then jumping up and down.....

And the reunion between Bella and Edward... it was so emotional... they just stretched out the "Truth" chapter out over the whole volturi and coming home end....i loved it....

I thought that Heidi looked like Esmee...but I have to see it again to be sure.... Going again tonight.....!!! :lol:
These violent delights, have violent endings...Like fire and gunpowder, they consume what they kiss

Respect Team Robsten, Proud addict of the halfway house
Twilightknight101
Settled in Forks

Post by Twilightknight101 »

New Moon was AMAZING!!! There, I can finally say it without my friends shushing me because they haven't yet :)

Although there were heaps of different reasons I think this film worked, after much deliberation I've finally worked out which reason is the standout for me. Twilight's emotion was all about desperation and longing, where-as the book was really about love (and longing to, I guess) whereas New Moon, although was full of desperation (as it should be), it had the love that the books all portray. That's what was missing form Twilight and what the new movie finally gave.

The highlight for me was all the one liners throughout the movie that made you crack up. Even though it is a depressing move, the jokes kept up the atmosphere and created this fine line of intensity. Who didn't love the cinema scene with Mike and Jake??

Guess what guys! Jasper got more then one line!!!!!! YAY :)
missp
Teaching Nessie all she needs to know
Location: Missing my HH SISTERS but loving all the great memories from HH CON 2012!

Post by missp »

one word...for now...AMAZING!!
Aus_Twilight_Fan
Settled in Forks

Post by Aus_Twilight_Fan »

just got back from seeing it. i absolutely loved it. loved all the Charlie (Billy Burke) scenes. i also think that the make up was better than Twilight.

Kristen, Rob and Taylor did a fabulous job. i loved Emmett's parts.

just some of the moments that i loved:
-watching Romeo and Juliet in class
-Volturi confrontation
-and many more scenes

heaps of people groaned when Bella didn't give an answer to Edward's proposal. (this made me think that they hadn't read the books. i almost shouted out "you would know what happens if u read the books")

i cried when Bella was sending the emails to Alice and when she was sitting in the chair as the months went by.

i would love to see it again but i will wait for the DVD so that i don't waste my money.
Signature made by me. Avatar by AngelAtTwilight
Meztli
Banging Out Dents with Tyler
Location: Playing thunderball with the Cullens in a Demetri-free land!

Post by Meztli »

missp wrote:one word...for now...AMAZING!!
I know what you mean. HOLY. CROW. I'm seeing it later on today again with my brother who couldn't come with us because of his job. I loved the marriage proposal! Marshmellow :lol: :lol: :lol:
Hydraulic Broom Trainee for EDC, INC.
Commander of Emmett's Undies~Jell-O Wars '09
Fanfiction Profile: Meztli