One thing I wanted to see was the terminal scene... :(
too bad they cut that one off.

i wanted to see that scene too.
Signature made by me. Avatar by AngelAtTwilight
marielle
Cliff Diving with Embry

Re: I've Seen New Moon! (Spoiler Alert)

Post by marielle »

Karl did you have fun watching this movie...?
But the end was just perfect....what more subtle do you want????? :lol:

I'm just back watching it the second time.... :oops: couldn't resist....
- This time I loved alice her vision.... Bella's vampire eyes were perfect....
- I also found some appreciation for Jacob....(taylor actually) he acted really mature... specially in his breaking up with bella scene... his voice was so perfect....
- and I really noticed how beautiful edward looked when he was talking to jake... in the end...

Ok I did hate one thing tonight... those annoying girls behind me who didn't read the books, didn't see the first movie... and were going like crazy every time Taylor was in a scene shirtless.... They didn't even know who Charlie was... I mean come on.. go an other night...!!!

When the movie ended the whole theatre was like, what happend why did the movie end.. it was so funny... :lol:
These violent delights, have violent endings...Like fire and gunpowder, they consume what they kiss

Respect Team Robsten, Proud addict of the halfway house
Amanda Beth
Has Caught Sight of Edward

Post by Amanda Beth »

I feel so giddy!!!!

The Pros
I'd like to give MR/CW made props for using the e-mails to "Alice" as Bella's narrative... it worked SO well since it would be dumb if she was just narrating the entire thing.

The things they took out didn't matter--no job at newton's, watching R&J at the Swan house and they did a lot more about the pictures/scrapbook--I didn't feel like those were needed and it allowed for some other great things added in.

I think I stared at Taylor's abs throughout the majority of the movie... :oops: :oops: :oops:

The PAIN of Bella during BOTH Edward and Jacob's "break ups" was heart wrenching! Props to KS!

The WOLVES were fan-freaking-tastic. The fight between Jake and Paul was WOWZA!

The I Really Wish...
They had added in was Edward's CD. It would have made a lot more sense when Bella says to Jake "I don't like music anymore"

There was a little more between them regarding the conversation they had on the way home from Europe.

The Cons
I can honestly say that the movie made me even more angry that Bella chooses Edward. I'm so totally and completely Team Jacob... but whatever, she can have Edward and I'll take Jake off her hands.

Some of the acting was kinda cheesy. I think Chaske and Alex are good... but the actors for Jared, Embry and Quil are ehhhh. I thought Tinsel Korey (Emily)'s performance lacked something too.

Bella should have broken her hand when she hit Paul...
Last edited by Amanda Beth on Fri Nov 20, 2009 5:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SethisMine
Official Dog Lover!

Post by SethisMine »

Lol. I remember thinking jokingly when Edward was getting the the "marry me" part, that they where going to stop it. And funnily enough it did. I started laughing while everyone else was acting all surprised.

Ugh... I was so out of it today... I kept thinking about the movie. For your information 2+2 does not equal Taylor Lautner....

Wow... Taylor is HOT... I found myself staring at him dreamily every time he came on screen... and his 8-pack... *swoons*
ImageImageImage
Survived the Twi-Lex Odyssey
*Bloodlust*
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by *Bloodlust* »

SethisMine wrote:Wow... Taylor is HOT... I found myself staring at him dreamily every time he came on screen... and his 8-pack... *swoons*
I couldn't have said it any better! His body was so exploited in this film!! ...NO COMPLAINTS HERE!!

I was definitely VERY fond of New Moon. Like, I loved it waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay more than Twilight. I didn't "LOVE" it in an insane sense of the word, but it provided entertainment and I'm quite content! My only sadness: I'm Team Edward until I die, but um...I love Bella and Jake together in the movies. They just look SO GOOD together, or maybe Jake just looks good enough for the both of them. Come to think of it...he looked good with Alice, with Charlie, with Paul, with Edward...tehehehe...yeah. I hate inner conflict!!
WARNING: EDWARD CULLEN IS NOT EFFECTIVE BIRTH CONTROL! E<3B
n0vaice
I'm A Proud Twilight Guy
Location: On a beach, half dipped in a beautiful blue sea, under the summer rain. Waiting for YOU to kiss me.

Post by n0vaice »

Aus_Twilight_Fan wrote:
n0vaice wrote:
One thing I wanted to see was the terminal scene... :(
too bad they cut that one off.

i wanted to see that scene too.

I wonder what's the reason they had to cut off that part.
Cause for me it was really significant. It was the first time
the Cullen family was reunited in months. :?

marielle wrote:Karl did you have fun watching this movie...?
But the end was just perfect....what more subtle do you want????? :lol:

I'm just back watching it the second time.... :oops: couldn't resist....
- This time I loved alice her vision.... Bella's vampire eyes were perfect....
- I also found some appreciation for Jacob....(taylor actually) he acted really mature... specially in his breaking up with bella scene... his voice was so perfect....
- and I really noticed how beautiful edward looked when he was talking to jake... in the end...

Ok I did hate one thing tonight... those annoying girls behind me who didn't read the books, didn't see the first movie... and were going like crazy every time Taylor was in a scene shirtless.... They didn't even know who Charlie was... I mean come on.. go an other night...!!!

When the movie ended the whole theatre was like, what happend why did the movie end.. it was so funny... :lol:

:lol: it just caught me by surprise that's all.
But all in all it was great. I agree Bella the vampire was mesmerizing.
OMG! that's annoying Marielle I hate that too.
ÖBLF = GennyÖ∩WA∩ΦMed StudentΦÜHanny's grand frere܃ Karl Valentino Brassi ~ Mafiaƒ
ΘSami, Rose, Fatima, Raven and Mimi are my Twi-GirlsΘΩTetrarch of LexicalliaΩ
LionandLamb123
Touched By Cold Hands

Post by LionandLamb123 »

I just saw New Moon.
It was absolutley incredible :D
I don't feel that feeling like I did after Twilight. Like that it was great, but not excellent. Well, New Moon was beyond excellent!
Chris Weitz better be directing Eclipse. :)
I LOVED IT ! I'd see it a thousand more times if I could (and i will ):D
melting into you
Learning to Love Green

Post by melting into you »

Does anyone know where to write a big thank you to Kristen? Where she can see it? She has gotten so much grief in the past that I've read from Twilight reviews or on gossip sites, that I want to write to her somewhere and say thank you so much for putting her heart and soul into this movie. She was AMAZING!!!!!!!!!! Thank you Kristen.

OMG this movie was just awesome. The quality of the movie was so much more slick. Chris did a great job sticking to the book. There are a few things taken out, but I understand why, and it didn't feel choppy at all. Thank you Chris.

WOW the wolves. So well done! They are exactly how I'd picture them coming right out of the book onto the screen. They scared me in how huge they were LOL and really, you believe it. It's not phony looking.

I also thought the vampires looked so much better. They were like the book said beyond beautiful, unworldly beauty. They just looked more cool to me.

Aw Robert does bruting, sad, 'want to just die then see you get hurt Bella' so heart wrenching. He plays Edward so perfectly. I also felt he looked a little more grown up, gave into being the vampire he is and not trying to fit into high school.

I did cry in the break up scene. I cried even more with the months on the screen as she just sat there, seasonings passing.

LOVE LOVE LOVE the wolves. Taylor really nailed it. My heart broke for Jacob when he pleaded with her not to go to Italy then in the end :(

I did not expect the ending. Everyone in the audience sucked in air. LOL it was pretty funny. I guess cause the book went on a bit more, but it just went to black after he said marry me.

The bad vampires. Aro rocked!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Wow the casting in this is so right on. Everyone of them.

I just loved the movie so much. Everyone kudos. I can't see any fan not walking out of there not pleased!
Amanda Beth
Has Caught Sight of Edward

Post by Amanda Beth »

LionandLamb123 wrote:
Chris Weitz better be directing Eclipse. :)
Eclipse finished filming last month. Do you mean Breaking Dawn?
debussygirl
Joining the Hunt for Enemies

Post by debussygirl »

A MILLION TIMES BETTER THAN TWILIGHT!
My Positives:
-Rob and Kristen's performance VASTLY improved. Kristen still blinked too much, but she felt more like Bella. And I am soooo glad Rob didn't make Edward awkward in this one. Their chemistry was so much better, it actually seemed like they were in love. Now if only they could redo like every scene in Twilight with that same feeling.
-Special effects!!!! The sparkling looked so much better, and the running and just everything. But I just take that as there is now more money in the bank.
-Stuck to the story. Okay, so I am not able to read NM very often, I've only read it through all the was 3 times, and I "part read" once I am familiar with a book, so basically I only read the last 200 pages of NM, but from my memory it stuck REALLY well to the book, with a few changes, some I am okay with (Harry Clearwater's more eminent presence) and some I don't care for, but I can pretty much deal with.
-Make up soooo much better! Still too much lipstick on Edward I think, but other than that, spot-on!
-Werewolves were actually really great. I am very happy with the actors chosen.
-The music matched perfectly! Love it!

My Negatives:
-I didn't like how Edward was so bad at fighting. He can read people's minds for goodness sakes! He's supposed to be able to know what Felix would do before he did it.
-So I don't like how Jacob was trying to be all flirty with Bella while Edward was standing ten feet away. That's just not the way that it was in the book and I don't think it was a smart choice, because before Bella's life revolved around Edward (and obviously continued to do so) but she really didn't have any other friends (besides the Cullens, though, obviously)
-I did feel the pre-jump cliff scene was a bit rushed. I didn't feel Bella's pain. But that's something pretty minor.
-I think there should have been a bit more explanation of how Bella got home. But again, minor.

LOL so the ending, everyone at my theater shouted in disappointment. I was like "seriously? have you not read the books?" Ah some lazy people.
Team Edward&Esme~SBS Assistant 2 the Cobosses~APPC
St Cullens Head of Neurology~Tetrarch
Need something to read? Try http://www.jennacooper.com