Discussion of the New Moon Movie

Moderator: bac

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Amanda Beth
Has Caught Sight of Edward

Re: I've Seen New Moon! (Spoiler Alert)

Post by Amanda Beth »

My thoughts on why Edward "lost" the fight against Felix...

In Eclipse him and Jasper were sparring in the field and it came out to be a draw because although Jasper was skilled, Edward's mind reading let him get a second head... now I know we don't know how "old" Felix is, but I'm going to guess he's much older than Jasper (who was only turned in the 2nd half of the 19th century and wasn't a lethal fighter that entire time) and although Jasper(in the book) is tall, Felix is HUGE. SO add to Jasper's skills another century or two PLUS a whole lot of muscle and strength and I think it would tip the fighting towards Felix.

That felt like a mathematical equation.
skylarblue
Cliff Diving with Embry

Post by skylarblue »

Okay so like everyone else, I'm gonna give my pros and cons then my opinion of the movie.

PROS
-the wolves: at first when i saw the first trailer, i wasn't too sure, to me they looked liked dogs on steroids but after seeing the movie, PERFECT!
-the Cullens: i liked how they all looked this time around, even though the eye color seems to extreme for me, they all looked really good.
-the plot/storyline: stuck mainly to the book but i did like how the "cougar" line was thrown in.
-JAKE and ALICE: they were the best!
-and I can't leave out my dearest Emmett, God love his remarks and giving Bella that bear hug. MAN!

CONS
-don't have too many
-didn't like how it ended, i was waiting for a little something more after Edward made his request
-i also didn't like how Bella just hopped on that guys bike and went for a ride. i know she was all in her recklass faze but that was just a little extreme.

Overall great second step, hopefully they will continue to get better as the saga goes on.
EDC Inc~New Trainee Supervisor~Team Emmett!
Team Kellan~Proud Klutzer!
MS Virgin & Randomness Irregular!
RebeccaCullen
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by RebeccaCullen »

Love, love love what Chis has done with the movie. The wolves looked freaking amazing, the makeup was great (except for area around Edward's lips, as well as the Volturi's), and Edward's sparkling didn't look like it was just glitter.

The running in this one was more how I pictured it in my head. And the transitions were superb.

Yeah, when I went to see the movie we were asked to scream at the beginning before the trailers to start to get it out of our system, and I thank my theater for that. The movie was so much more enjoyable being able to hear the characters speak.

The only time I felt like smacking one of the PTB was right before Edward called to see if Charlie was there where Jake almost kissed Bella.
bronzehairedmiracle
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by bronzehairedmiracle »

I get to see the movie on Dec 4 in my country so I am staying spoiler free till then. But I would like to know if the movie is able to convey the desolation and crippling pain that the book inspired?
If all else perished and he remained, I should still continue to be; and if all else remained and and he were annihilated, the universe would turn to a mighty stranger.
Dovrebanen
Red-Eyed Vampire

Post by Dovrebanen »

bronzehairedmiracle wrote:I get to see the movie on Dec 4 in my country so I am staying spoiler free till then. But I would like to know if the movie is able to convey the desolation and crippling pain that the book inspired?
I really think it does. Krisella carries this movie for me. I think she did great. Of course it is more rushed than the book. But seeing her during the break up scene and in the woods afterwards, it just about broke my heart. And I feel that you can see in her face throughout the movie that she is not okay, at all. She just gets some relief when she's around Jacob, but she's never healed in anyway. Amaxing job by Kristen this time.
Robward too...The way he plays in this movie is just amazing, I think. Very believable.
The interaction between Bella and Jacob is very good.

I can't see how you can stand the wait. I'm glad my country didn't do like last year, when they didn't have the premiere at the same time as the US...It would have killed me this time.

I loved this movie. CW did not let us down in any way.
My favorites:
~ Months passing...Bella in her chair, while the seasons change
~ Edward reciting the lines from Romeo and Juliet *died*
~ Break up scene...
~ Edward in South America...no words for that.
~ Bella running in Volterra, crashing into Edward, "heaven" and the whole scene behind the door
~ The wolves were much bigger than I imagined when seeing the trailer. They were absolutely huge.
~ Alice...Just perfect. I loved her vision of vampBella

I wasn't too crazy about the ending. I loved the "marry me" line, but ending it where it did holds no excitement for those of us who have read the book... It's just a bit annoying to me.
Rob's Halfway House ~ Team Edward ~ Cullenist ~
Black
Fishing with Charlie

Post by Black »

I think the wolves' scenes were cut way too short.

:evil:
It's like a dream- no end and no beginning.
spicey16
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by spicey16 »

loved loved loved the movie!!! still hate kristen... she sucks guys!! no emotion.. so one dimentional AND my major problem is it is so much more natural with her and jacob... i know it is supposed to be at first but then with edward it should be a big relied were she can be herself and relax and be in love and i never get that vibe. and she kind of has crazy eyes when she is looking up.... ???

but i still LOVED IT !!! so much better than twilight.. it was funny and gave enough story line for non readers and kept it up enough for us as well.. it was just great!
wolves perfect! all the cullens perfect! charlie my favorite!! loved the ending.. esp for non readers!

bella as a vamp... um whats up with the dress and stockings??
she should have broke her hand when she hit paul.. now she cant say "no emmett i punched a werewolf in the face"!!
Im gonna watch it again next weekend.. i have to work this one :( and i'll have to disect it more i was just too excited!
sparkling90
Settled in Forks

Post by sparkling90 »

The Bella as a vampire scene seemed out of character to me. The clothing really didn't make sense. Many people laughed at this scene in my theater! I think it's just too "two lovers run through a meadow holding hands" for me.
SweetImpakt
Finding a Nice Guy for Angela

Post by SweetImpakt »

Ok
the movie was absolutely freakin' amazing !
i loved every part of it.
Unlike the person above me, i thought Kristen completely OWNED this movie. She did an amazing job. Of course, so did Rob and Taylor. Kstew did an amazing job with both guys.
Taylor could totally pull of all the different emotions in such a short time. From happy
Chris Weitz definitely is my hero and he absolutely has to direct BD.
The break-up scene was heartbreaking. I was in tears from the moment Edward said to take a walk with him , and I cried a lot after that. The months passing while Bella is sitting in the chair, the emotion on her face was amazing.
The Edward scene in South-America was a surprise, and a very good one. I absolutely loved that scene.
I loved that the wolves looked sooooo huge, much more than they did in the trailer. I did not have the feeling that the movie was too rushed.
It was 7489453463824186418247978942314x better than Twilight.

“Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength, while loving someone deeply gives you courage.”
di0772
Settled in Forks

Post by di0772 »

Okay, so some people are not going to like this but this is my opinion and no one elses. You can chose to agree or disagree but I can only write what I feel.

Firstly, I really enjoyed the movie but I went in with low expectations especially after I was so disappointed in Twilight.

I thought Chris Weitz did a phenomenal directing job. The CGI in this movie was so much better than the first. Edward actually sparkled the way I thought he should have in Twilight. The wolves were exceptional and the design of the Volturi lair was magnificent. Taylor really bought Jacob to life. He did a fantastic job. Kristen, Rob and the rest of the cast also did a great job and I think Billy Burke once again steals the movie with his portrayal of Charlie.

Secondly, Some of you are saying that Chris did not stay true to the book. Chris can only stay as true to the book as the screenplay he is given allows and this is where my problem with the movie lies. It is my belief that Melissa Rosenberg should be sacked. Twilight was a bunch of scenes put together haphazardly to form a movie. It did not flow - it jumped around. The love story from the book was lost - actually it was non- existent and there was no storyline. New Moon whilst it had a storyline, the script was cheesy at best. New Moon is meant to be painful and depressing but Melissa put too many one-liners in it. At first the whole cinema thought they were funny but as they continued to pour off the screen the cinema as a whole groaned.

In Twilight Melissa left out the Meadow scene and it was the most pivotal point in the book. In New Moon Chris had to actually write the scene where Jacob visits Bella against the Pack rules where Jacob tells her she knows what he is since he has already told her the legends. How hard is it to put the most important scenes from a book into the movie?

I have a question to all you fans. Since Bella punched Paul in the face in New Moon without injury how will Melissa be able to write the scene from Eclipse where Jacob kisses Bella and then Bella punches him and breaks her hand? Does this mean the only kiss Bella and Jacob will when Jacob tricks her when he finds out she and Edward are engaged just before the Newborn War?

I loved the books, I was very disappointed in Twilight but I enjoyed New Moon. I can only hope that Melissa doesn’t ruin Eclipse as well but I am not holding my breath on that.