Thanks for opening up the discussion thread Nikki
Like I have already said I loved the movie! - it met all my expectations - Chris Weitz did a fantastic job!
Honestly I think there are too many favourite parts to mention but here are a few:
- I absolutely have to say the chemistry between Edward and Bella has improved. I don't know if it's just that Rob and Kris are more comfortable with each other but WOW!
- it was done so well. I'm glad they left that part in the movie because I do think it was an important theme in the book and for those who would have gone to see the movie without reading the books I think it really needed to be emphasised.
Birthday Party Scene
- I have to say that Rosalie looked so much better in the movie than in the screen shots with have been seeing. I particularily liked the scene between Bella and Carlisle.
- Okay I cried. I could probably watch it 100 times and still cry. I really wanted to get up and slap Edward - it was harsh and I think Kristen played her part so better than from what I had initially seen in the leaked (really grainy) version of that scene. I was quite judgemental with what I had seen with her performance but I have to eat my words. I thought it was heartwrenching and she portrayed the emotion perfectly.
- Though I am Team Edward through and through I was absolutely blown away with Taylor's performance and PHROAW! Take your shirt off anytime Jacob
I'm now seeing an appreciation for the wolves!
- LOVED THEM! Perfectly cast Wolfpack. Such natural interaction between them. The scene at Emily's house was great and I loved the Paul apologised to Bella and laughed the whole thing off like she was one of the boys.
- ROCKED OUT!!! Michael Sheen was wonderful as we knew he would be, Dakota Fanning was just awesome. Especially her entrance. Like an evil little red riding hood. It was a shame it was such a small part. Jamie portrayal of Caius though brief, captured his boredom perfectly. I wish I could have more of everyone.
Anything with Jessica in it
- she is such a scene stealer
- The look on Bella's face and then fade to black! Even though I want more and I'm now counting down till June when BD comes out I felt the ending worked really well. I did feel satisfied.
I could go on and on, Harry Clearwater, Laurent, Victoria (
about Rachelle ) CHARLIE! - OMG Charlie was awesome as always! ... see I have to stop
I'm getting quite sick of all the negative reviews and haters out there. I think if you didn't like the books, and didn't like the first movie then you are not going to enjoy the film. In saying that this is the biggest movie of the year and has already broken records for ticket sales so those critics can go and eat their words.
I have already booked tickets to go and see it again tonight and I'm probably going again early next week with friends as well. I can't get over how much I loved the film. I know there are quite a few people who have said they don't like this soundtrack as much as the one from Twilight but I disagree. I loved the music and was very conscious of the songs when they appeared in the movie