Moderator: bac

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Jazz Girl
Making beautiful music with Edward as only I can

Re: Worried about Eclipse?

Post by Jazz Girl »

pennybug84 wrote:
bored by the sea wrote:well there is that section of the book where bella "escapes" with jake when Alice is looking after her/keeping her away from the wolfpack whilst edward is gone but thats a totally different part and doesnt happen with edward anywhere near. twi fans have asked a question about this in their meeting with Stephenie im intrigued to see what her answer is going to be
I was actually just about to post about this. I can't wait to see what SM's answer is going to be!! I hate how they can't release it until after Eclipse comes out!! They also asked about the Hot/angry Edward. (I assume they meant the "I kissed Bella" clip. Which I don't particularly like but they said in the question they asked they said some fans do like it.)
Penny~ I'm actually quite torn by this change. Much of Edward's strength comes from his self control and recasting Edward as losing that control just seems so amazingly wrong. It's as Bella says in that moment. We all knew that his calm was much more menacing than any shouting could ever be. His quiet fury was much more deadly, just like his confrontation with Victoria at the end. He didn't go ape-shiza and attack her and Riley. It was the calm cool demeaner of a superior tactician at play. Having Edward goaded into a reaction just seems so completely opposite of what we know of him.

At the same time, a part of me likes it. It's that part of me that desperately understood Bella's words in the tent after she kissed the dog, the part of me that understands why she wants him to be angry, to be spiteful. No matter what we know in our hearts to be true, sometimes seeing it put into action is a completely different feeling. Bella knows Edward loves her. But seeing him fight for her is very different from know that he loves her and wants her. Seeing and hearing him lose that control, knowing that it her connection to him and his feelings for her that trump that herculean self-restraint...Yes, there's definitely a reason why FierceWard is so hot. Think about the amount of emotion and passion it would have to take to ruffle those feathers.
“Directing 7 Cullens at once=herding cats" :ROTFLMAO:
C-Dubs is TwitterRoyalty
Turning Page is Gospel~Ashley=MiniMe~HHBS
GrayceM
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by GrayceM »

I have to admit to liking this new aspect of Edward's character. Don't get me wrong, I loved the way Stephenie wrote him because I understand that sometimes you don't have to shout or fight to show how passionate you are about something. The book describes waves of fury rolling off him at times and that he's so "controlled" that it makes Jacob all that much more juvenile in his behavior.
Then again...I understand wanting to give him a little more character for the movie. His character's been described as brooding too much for me. By this time in the story, he's already told Jacob that he's not leaving her again. Bella has already explained that she loves Edward and will not change her mind. If Jacob can not except her decision then they couldn't be friends. It's only because he doesn't accept this decision that she breaks her hand. It wouldn't be as dramatic visually to see this scene as it's described in the book. Though I think that Rob is an excellent actor and shows his emotions very well...it's difficult to portray this fuming silent anger while controlling your voice. Especially at a confrontation where he knows that Bella has been hurt.
I did not like them changing Jacob's reaction. He did seem like he felt bad about it, and that just didn't happen...maybe there's more before and after this particular scene that will show some different reactions. I'll be interested to see the whole scene.
Grayce
Jazz Girl
Making beautiful music with Edward as only I can

Post by Jazz Girl »

GrayceM~ That was the changed aspect that bothered me more as well. We know that Jacob had absolutely no remorse for his actions, even going so far as to tell Bella she'd be thinking about it and he didn't regret it at all. It was proof of his immaturity and his callousness towards her true feelings.

There is one thing I thought about while reading your post. If there is one bit of straight and true dialogue that I truly need to hear in this film. As you said, Bella specifically and bluntly explains her love for Edward, lays it all out there. I so so so hope that that dialogue AS STEPHENIE MEYER wrote it, is in the film. Seriously, there you have the whole thing, laid out in Bella's thoughts and words. How woudl you not focus on that?
“Directing 7 Cullens at once=herding cats" :ROTFLMAO:
C-Dubs is TwitterRoyalty
Turning Page is Gospel~Ashley=MiniMe~HHBS
GrayceM

Post by GrayceM »

Maybe MR wants the audience to think, since they have gotten so much other stuff wrong, that Jacob is right. He believes that Bella can't possibly know what she wants or be honest with herself until she has all the facts. One of those being that he's in love with her and that she loves him too. She admits that but she also admits that she loves him as a part of her family, not a romantic love. Not until the end at least, and even at that point I get impression that though she acknowledges that could possibly be content and even happy the rest of her life with Jacob if Edward didn't exist, there's still no way to compare that knowledge with her feelings for Edward.
Jacob refuses to take no for an answer. He believes that if he can just make her see how right they are together, that she loves him, and how unnatural the vampire thing is, that she'll come around. Or maybe he's hoping that Edward will leave again...not sure there. Maybe just part of him being a teenage human and stubborn, and because he doesn't have a lot of other choices. :? Not to belittle his feelings at all. I honestly believe that he loves Bella, but he is trying to hold onto what they were building in NM and not on the reality that is their situation now. He even says that if she hadn't jumped off that cliff, or if she had only waited on him to be there when she did, none of this would have happened. Alice wouldn't have seen her jump and they would have gone on with their lives without Edward coming back.

We know that the feelings they all have are deeper than what has been shown in the movies. I think Chris did a better job than CH and though the actors themselves do not fail to make the best of the given material, the eternal love and devotion that we know is there can't be brought to the screen. They try to put more of the emotion that is in the books into the scenes, but there's just no way to see into their souls when so much has been left out. :roll: I let my husband watch the first video of these videos last night: http://www.youtube.com/user/darksoulvam ... xfoanqIa0U. He was surprised at the level of emotion in this. He has not read the books though he likes the story he never realized that this is much more than a teen love story.
Grayce
GrayceM

Post by GrayceM »

I am not going to be able to go to the midnight showing in my area and may actually have to wait until the weekend to go. It's alright though...I waited 2 weeks before going to New Moon. I have a request though...I have not found this mentioned here on the forums anywhere.

Could someone please post here on whether or not the charm bracelet is in the movie? Please? I really think it needs to be but wasn't sure if anyone's confirmed. I would like to know that the charm Edward gives her for the bracelet hasn't been left out either.
One of the scenes I hope they put in is after Bella talks to Jacob. She is crushed and feels so guilty for hurting everyone. She immediately tries to take the bracelet off and Edward won't let her. He says. "No, Bella. It's part of who you are." He asks her if she's sure she made the right choice because he's never seen her in that much pain before. That's when she tells him that she knows who she can't live without. Edward has realized previous to this that he was responsible, indirectly, for Jacob being so involved in Bella's life. For me, when he won't let her take off her bracelet, it's Edward owning that responsibility. He knows that even though something may be difficult and painful, the experience becomes part of the person you are. But good or bad, you must experience it to live. Without the bracelet for that scene, it not quite as symbolic. It's a very important life lesson and the earlier a person realizes that the easier time they have when the bad stuff happens. Edward understand that and this shows it. I suppose they could do the same scene without the bracelet, but I sort of liked the representation of the two kinds of love for it.
Thanks in advance for anyone who confirms this and I hope you enjoyed the movie.
Grayce
Edwards Wheels

Post by Edwards Wheels »

After seeing the trailers i'm worried about the film. As JazzGirl has said, the books were compelling, and we want to see as much of the storyline from the books as possible not something another person has changed. I want to see Edward react the way we expect him to, i want to see Bella do things that we know she'd do, not completely change the characters just so the team Edward v team jacob can be built up.
I really disliked jacob from new moon onwards, his character was so pushy, immature, naive and basically arrogant but in the films he's been made more sympathetic. As in more appealing to the viewers. Again i'm convinced it's to do with the merchandising and interviewing etc.

I have to say that i didn't get the connection in Twilight either, but that wasn't the actors fault. The movie moved too fast over their getting to know each other or basically only skimmed the surface so they could add scenes introducing the nomads. And scenes at the diner which i couldn't understand. Neither were needed where as (i felt) they needed to show that B&E were falling in love not just fancying each other a bit. If only they'd included the blood typing or the lunches where they talked and started to understand each other.
I think that in New Moon they did a better job at sticking to the original story and i'm hoping that Eclipse will be even better and will show my favourite book in it's true light, however with the changes we've seen so far in the trailers etc i'm not sure if it will. It'll be a fantastic film i'm sure of that, but being a bit of a purist like JazzGirl is, i can see me tutting throughout the film asking myself why certain scenes, lines etc have been changed or left out.

I really do hope i'm wrong and it's perfect

[ Post made via Mobile Device ]
aussie-twigirl
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by aussie-twigirl »

I worry that, from what i've seen in trailers, the movie will focus too much on the fight scenes, the newborns and victoria. And not explain enough about Bella and Edward's relationship and essentially their marriage/future. I mean, not that i don't love the fight scenes and the training and all that. But i think in the books, the core of it is that Bella and Edward can't LIVE without each other, it's not just LOVE. And i hope that we get an explanation somewhere about that. Like the the last two chapters (excluding the Epilogue). That really sums up Edward and Bella (and Jacob) for me. Bella loves Jacob, she always has and she always will. But she loves Edward more, so much so that she and Edward literally cannot survive without each other. That was evident in New Moon. Bella lost it in that, and yeah, Jacob was there to pick up the pieces, but Edward nearly died because of it too(other than the volturi situation). He describes this to Bella in Eclipse saying how he was lost and broken and stuff. I agree with Jacob that if the whole cliff diving thing and volturi thing never happened then Jacob and Bella would be together, but i like to think that Edward would of come back anyway to check Bella, like he said. And it's really well explained with the bracelet symbolism. Like what GrayceM said about the bracelet.

I worry that for someone who hasn't read the books, this isn't going to be apparent. Because the way the relationship of Edward and Bella have been set up in the Twilight and the New Moon movies (and how the Media likes to make it seem), is like a teenage romance. Which it totally is not, as we all know. It's so much more. I just hope that the film doesn't disappoint the readers in this respect because if it does then Breaking Dawn might not be understood by some completely. And Eclipse is really the book that takes Bella and Edward's relationship to another level. It's where they both committ completely to each other, and really understand their love for each other. Not that they don't do this in the 2 previous books, but it's just really explained and prepares you to understand Breaking Dawn. If it's not explained well and there's a lot of 'reading between the lines' then there might be a little bit of controversy and shock for those who don't really know. Just like the book had.

Anyway that's my biggest worry. I just hope that the movie has more discussions between Edward/Bella and Bella/Jacob and doesn't only focus on the threat of the newborns/victoria/volturi. Hopefully the only reason the trailers show all the action is so pull in the guys and boyfriends. Because really the fight scene is like two or three chapters out of nearly 30. Guess we'll find out soon enough!

PS. sorry that my post is so long! :?
TY KYM!! =)
Paige I'm on the ListV2!
Edward|Emmett|Quil|Carlisle|Alice
SHIEGE and PIEGE = TWINS *~* KYM IS MY TSB
My Blog - Kaleidoscopic Dreams
tinuviel2006

Post by tinuviel2006 »

I am a really great fan of the books and the movies so far, but I think I'm going to skip seeing Eclipse in theaters. I will buy it on DVD when it comes out. I just can't stand all the publicity this franchise is getting, and all the crazy screaming teenagers get on my nerves. I think I would not be able to sit in a theatre with a screaming girl next to me only wanting to see someone's abs.
I'm sick of it, although I really love the actors and the movies so far.
GrayceM

Post by GrayceM »

I am in a small town so waiting a week or two and then taking my 15 year old stepson on a Saturday afternoon to see New Moon...there were only about 10 other people in the theater. It's actually the first time I'd been to the movies since seeing The Spiderwick Chronicles...I'm not much for going to the movies since I've gotten older but I couldn't stand to read all the stuff on here and other sites without knowing what they were talking about. I won't go when it opens but I think my stepson may be alright if there are still a lot of teenage girls there...

[ Post made via Mobile Device ]