Discussion of The Twilight Saga: Eclipse

Moderator: bac

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Total Twilight Fan
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Re: Worried about Eclipse?

Post by Total Twilight Fan »

Eclipse is my favorite book, and im a little worried that, because of that, it wont be as good as i think its going to be. Obvs it will be very very amazing, but i dony know whether the picture in my head will be the picture on the screen. :P
::Team Jasper & Paul::
Sometimes life brings miracles, it brought me Twilight.
Timothy
Learning to Love Green

Post by Timothy »

Well, I wasn't worried about the movie. I loved what Slade did in 30 Days of Night. But with the replacing of the editor so close to the movie, that doesn't sound good to me. Of course I'm not in the film business, so it may be no big deal.

I think the editor, whose name escapes me now, kind of rushed the pace in Twilight, but did a good job IMO. I think it will probably work out.

Death is peaceful, easy. Life is harder.
dopeydm
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by dopeydm »

I am wondering if there was a rating issue with the previous editor? Anyone know if all of DS's were R or were there any PG-13 in there? My thinking is that the original editor couldn't get the PG-13 rating (since it is so close to release) so they went with someone who is used to TV editing so they can cut it the right way to keep it PG-13. (JMO)
"But you see, just because we've been...dealt a certain hand...it doesn't mean that we can't choose to rise above -- to conquer the boundaries of a destiny that none of us wanted."
marielle
Cliff Diving with Embry

Post by marielle »

dopeydm wrote:I am wondering if there was a rating issue with the previous editor? Anyone know if all of DS's were R or were there any PG-13 in there? My thinking is that the original editor couldn't get the PG-13 rating (since it is so close to release) so they went with someone who is used to TV editing so they can cut it the right way to keep it PG-13. (JMO)
Stephenie Meyer wants to keep it PG13...so I guess that's what it's going to be.. that's why it is taking so long for them to write a decent Breaking Dawn script...
But there might be something for your theory...except they talked about a stronger cut was needed....I don't know what to think...
These violent delights, have violent endings...Like fire and gunpowder, they consume what they kiss

Respect Team Robsten, Proud addict of the halfway house
despoina92
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by despoina92 »

I was watching Twilight today (I really wanted to watch at puf! it appears on my TV -weird things) and I focused on the editing. It's very quick in some parts, leaving some plot holes in some parts (when I first watched the moovie I couldn't get how they fell with each other and I was like "poor boy, he seems to like her a lot more than she likes him") but it was somehow nice and gave a faster pace to the movie. Still, the last editor's style isn't that far from the current's one from what I've seen from both of them. The rating theory seems possible. But, please, don't let the steamy scenes out! And makes me hope for an unrated DVD version. I hope that this is the case and not something else...

Marielle - I found the first part of the book weak - though it peaks in the end when the action begins (and there's Remus Lupin in it!). Just my opinion. This is maybe because CoS and GoF are among my favorites. I know, there are many things left out in the movie but, still, it flows perfectly and gives a good insight in the story. I prefer it's directing from e.g. GoF's one, where they tried to stuff it with as much things from the book as possible and ended up with a movie that felt fragmentary (I hope this is the right word) and gave little time to some important characters in the book (see the champions). And about the BD script... I think the main problem isn't the PG-13, but MR herself. Why can't they see that she simply can't made a decent job? NM was saved from the director and Twilight had problems with the plot!

I just can't wait for the damn trailer!
marielle
Cliff Diving with Embry

Post by marielle »

despoina92 wrote: I prefer it's directing from e.g. GoF's one, where they tried to stuff it with as much things from the book as possible and ended up with a movie that felt fragmentary (I hope this is the right word) and gave little time to some important characters in the book (see the champions).
Are you sure that has nothing to do with one of the champions........(in the movie I mean)..... ;)
No I prefer GoF as well, although I really really missed Sirius (Gary Oldman) in it but Rob made a lot of it good...
But give a good idea of what different producers and teams can do to a movie... I loved GoF and OotP but I hated the last movie... it was so badly cut, and so roughly cut...like they were in a hurry...
despoina92 wrote: And about the BD script... I think the main problem isn't the PG-13, but MR herself. Why can't they see that she simply can't made a decent job?
Yes... I totally agree...that MR is the biggest problem the movies has...I wished Summit would listen to the fans once in a while...

I posted a interview with CW, in the HH, you should check it out but it won't make you day...I have heard he has seen parts of the movie already.. but I'm hoping that is not true if I read this interview..
These violent delights, have violent endings...Like fire and gunpowder, they consume what they kiss

Respect Team Robsten, Proud addict of the halfway house
despoina92
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by despoina92 »

Marielle - Yeah, just read it. I really, really hope this is not exactly how it's going to be in the movie. I hope that Summit understands that this makes fan not so happy about the movie. I hope the fina; cut of the movie is Team Edward oriented and is faithful to the book. On the other hand, "Fire & Ice" is one of SMs favorites in Eclipse, so I hope she won't let them destroy it! The screenwriter is the main problem with these movies. I swear, if I ever become rich one day, I'm reproducing the Saga (I'll give Rob as many makeovers as possible -he'll have to be Edward!) and assigning a more capable screenwriter for them!

Oh, yeah, I meant a very particular champion. Viktor Krum ;) (Just kidding). I think that GoF just sent you one place to another. We jump from the first tournament very quickly ot the second and then on the third with some other snippets in between. As you've pointed out, where's Sirius? It leaves many things unexplained. That's how I' see it. I'm watching the movie again on Sunday, right before the Oscars (to cover the lack of Rob in the ceremony) so I'll be able to tell about it even more accurately. I liked OotP, too. Helena Bonham Carter is among my favorite actresses ever and I was glad to see her play Bellatrix, which, though it might sound weird, was one of my favorite characters in the series. And generally, the way they delived Dumbledore's Army and all, was just perfect! H-BP was overflooded with CGI for me.
Drunkster
Settled in Forks

Post by Drunkster »

I read script yesterday and I am little worried now. It just feels that too much is being left out :(
dazzledBrit
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by dazzledBrit »

marielle wrote:
despoina92 wrote: And about the BD script... I think the main problem isn't the PG-13, but MR herself. Why can't they see that she simply can't made a decent job?
Yes... I totally agree...that MR is the biggest problem the movies has...I wished Summit would listen to the fans once in a while....
Totally agree with that. MR mashed up both Twilight and New Moon with some gaping plot flaws...why did they keep her on???? :cry: :roll:

The rating thing is a good point. Hopefully it was just that, that they needed someone used to producing studio PG-13 movies not R rated action/horror type movies.

I'm just hoping that they don't feel that they have to make a big deal of Jaspar and Rosalie's back stories. Because they are a tiny proportion of the book. But as they've got actors in to play all the roles there, I'm concerned that they might think it should be longer than a few glimpses.

I'm really looking forward to the whole tent sequence...Rob and Kristen have said that that sequence (tent scene and then Jake kiss scene) were their favourites which I think is great as they've both made a real effort to get into the books and characters. Not all the fans are Team Edward! So they'd need to keep the whole Fire and Ice thing in (plus SM likes it!). :D
Rob's Halfway House member ~ Kristen, Rob AND Taylor fan - The Twilight pedant

Heading to Forks soon...
pennybug84
Protector of Jacob's Honor

Post by pennybug84 »

Drunkster wrote:I read script yesterday and I am little worried now. It just feels that too much is being left out :(

I heard that the script that was leaked was an early draft of it. And that hopefully the one they used when filming is better & changes made. Plus I know SM was in contact w/DS about the script & giving him notes (I read it on his twitter page.) So I am just trying to be hopeful & not freak out too much. SM has been in contact & helping with the movie making process so I hope for the best. And remember that not everything will be in the movie & it'll have some differences. Just need to think that way & it helps (at least it's helped me when seeing the previous movies.) But that's my thoughts.
"She doesn't know what she wants" - Jacob Black "Yeah she does!" - Rob Pattinson