Discussion of The Twilight Saga: Eclipse

Moderator: bac

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
pennybug84
Protector of Jacob's Honor

Re: Worried about Eclipse?

Post by pennybug84 »

MiVidaLoca wrote: I have to say, I haven't noticed the Jacob biasm (is that even a word LOL) in the other movies, but that one clip on MTV last night, I for sure was like, UMMMMMMM not cool, not how things would happen. I mean sure they have to change some things for time constraints of what not, I get that, but at least have it be something that would happen, and she would never leave Edward in anger to go off with Jacob, not while her and Edward were physically together and she wouldn't just be ok with Jacob taunting Edward, I mean just telling him, stop grinning Jacob we are only talking. It just wouldn't happen.

I didn't like the confrontation scene about the kiss either. Bella didn't seem that mad, Jacob seemed very remorseful and Edward seemed like he couldn't control himself.

But those 2 scenes have ticked me off.
I agree with you! These two scenes have not made me very happy. I was excited & looking forward to the clip at the MMA's but after seeing that I was disappointed. I haven't even wathced it more than once (like I did w/NM) because of how disappointed I was. I understand having to change some LITTLE things but Bella leaving Edward there was OUT OF CHARACTER. It would not happen! (I did like how she told him to stop grinnig, at least that was something Bella-like. But not as forceful as she should have been.) And then changing the confrontation over the kiss scene so Edward & Jacob are different than in the book (It's almost like they swapped their personalities there.) I'm trying to not let these two scenes bother me too much until I see the finished product (but it's hard!) Both Edward & Jacob need to be the same as they are in the books & so far it's not looking that way. If Edward comes off looking like the bad guy & Jacob a saint I will be very angry. :evil:
"She doesn't know what she wants" - Jacob Black "Yeah she does!" - Rob Pattinson
Total Twilight Fan
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by Total Twilight Fan »

Im hoping that in the context of the other scenes before and after they will look good. Ive refrained from watching any more clipse than the Volturi and the Confrontation because I dont want to spoil my favorite book film like I did for New Moon :D Oops.

Its not like I dont know what happens anyway, but I want the scenes to be new to me :D But I agree with you, I think they have made Jacob so out of character!
::Team Jasper & Paul::
Sometimes life brings miracles, it brought me Twilight.
Jazz Girl
Making beautiful music with Edward as only I can

Post by Jazz Girl »

Well, if.... certain items... are to be trusted, the OoC for both of them continues right down to the fact that MR switches their lines. During the tent scene, she gives a few key Edward lines to Jacob and vice versa. That, of course, is speculation. And, I am on my knees praying to every holy deity that I can think of that it's wrong or was changed. But, it's MR after all.

Here's another clue as to the agenda. We've had most of the collectible cards posted on one site or another recently. There are almost twice as many pictures of Jacob as Edward, with a similar ration of J/B pics to E/B pics. Gee Summit. Subtle as a trainwreck, there.
“Directing 7 Cullens at once=herding cats" :ROTFLMAO:
C-Dubs is TwitterRoyalty
Turning Page is Gospel~Ashley=MiniMe~HHBS
GrayceM
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by GrayceM »

Maybe that will all change with Breaking Dawn. I mean previous to the end of Eclipse, Jacob is very prominent in Bella's life and her future with him uncertain. Right up until the end when she tells him that she could never survive without Edward even as much as she loves him and knows their life together would be right. Maybe that's what Stephenie can put into Breaking Dawn that MR can't wrap her mind around. Edward and Bella were meant to be together. Neither of them are complete without the other.
The first chapter of Twilight, Bella says, "Facing my pallid reflection in the mirror, I was forced to admit that I was lying to myself. It wasn't just physically that I'd never fit in." ..."I didn't relate well to people my age. Maybe the truth was I didn't relate well to people, period. Even my mother, who I was closer to than anyone else on the planet, was never in harmony with me, never exactly on the same page. Sometimes I wondered if I was seeing the same things through my eyes that the rest of the world was seeing through theirs. Maybe there was a glitch in my brain."
From the very beginning we are set up to go along with the concept that since she has not ever fit in, maybe it's due to the fact that her destiny was Edward and this life. She may have mixed emotions previously that we indulge because she is human, but after she makes up her mind, there is no going back for her, or us for that matter.
Possibly, the movies up until now are trying to show that confusion Bella feels about all she is certain she will have to give up to be with Edward...maybe Stephenie will bring the story back to that. That's the only thing about New Moon that would have been better left to Eclipse. Bella's line, "Don't make me choose. Cause it will be him...it's always been him." Even though it has always been Edward, she was not sure of that until making her decision in Eclipse.

What is the OoC?
Grayce
MiVidaLoca
Learning to Love Green

Post by MiVidaLoca »

pennybug84 wrote:
MiVidaLoca wrote: I have to say, I haven't noticed the Jacob biasm (is that even a word LOL) in the other movies, but that one clip on MTV last night, I for sure was like, UMMMMMMM not cool, not how things would happen. I mean sure they have to change some things for time constraints of what not, I get that, but at least have it be something that would happen, and she would never leave Edward in anger to go off with Jacob, not while her and Edward were physically together and she wouldn't just be ok with Jacob taunting Edward, I mean just telling him, stop grinning Jacob we are only talking. It just wouldn't happen.

I didn't like the confrontation scene about the kiss either. Bella didn't seem that mad, Jacob seemed very remorseful and Edward seemed like he couldn't control himself.

But those 2 scenes have ticked me off.
I agree with you! These two scenes have not made me very happy. I was excited & looking forward to the clip at the MMA's but after seeing that I was disappointed. I haven't even wathced it more than once (like I did w/NM) because of how disappointed I was. I understand having to change some LITTLE things but Bella leaving Edward there was OUT OF CHARACTER. It would not happen! (I did like how she told him to stop grinnig, at least that was something Bella-like. But not as forceful as she should have been.) And then changing the confrontation over the kiss scene so Edward & Jacob are different than in the book (It's almost like they swapped their personalities there.) I'm trying to not let these two scenes bother me too much until I see the finished product (but it's hard!) Both Edward & Jacob need to be the same as they are in the books & so far it's not looking that way. If Edward comes off looking like the bad guy & Jacob a saint I will be very angry. :evil:
Yep, I will than be angry too. I was already angry with the first movie, the second movie I thought was pretty good in comparison, I mean I didn't like every part, but I thought it followed the book a lot more than the first. I have very high hopes for this one. It's the only reason I would be crazy enough to go to the 12:01 showing. LOL I have no doubt I will see it tons in the theater as well. Usually get stuff that I missed. If these are the only 2 parts that are butchered than I will still be happy. Well as happy as one can be. But if there is a lot more butchered up, I will be very disappointed. I already am with these 2 scenes but out of the whole movie, I will live. Thankfully it's not much longer.
Caitygirl1
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by Caitygirl1 »

UGHHH that Sneak Peak was AWEFULL!!!!
That scene in the book was a great, stressful, emotional moment for Bella. She finds out that Victoria is hunting for her again and she, as well as everyone around her, is once again in danger. Bella (the real Bella) is verrrryy upset by this and stresses over it. That is apparent in the book since she flat out tells the Cullens she thinks she should be turned into a Vampire to alleviate the danger. Is she a stone or something in this movie?? She doesnt even react! Oh wait.. sorry the way she reacts is by getting on the back of Jacob's motorcycle? Yea right, like Edward would let that happen. 1. No werewolves and 2 no motorcycles. I'm seeing some conflict with those rules. Also the Edward-Jacob confrontation was so weak in the scene. In the book there was more... fire? At leaset that is how I read it. The anger and hostility between the two is so apparent that people crowd around them. And I didnt really feel it with Rob and Tay.
It certainly did not make me any more excited to see the movie despite what I was expecting. I do understand the change is necessary but like previously said, they didnt make the reactions realistic to the characters.
A simpler place,
where love was defined in simpler ways.
One plue one equals two.."

Team Edward -- Dazzling since 1918
Jazz Girl

Post by Jazz Girl »

And it just keeps getting worse:

**SPOILER ALERT~NEW CLIP**
"Someone's orchestrating this...

My reaction in the invisible color:

I have two HUGE issues with this clip. First, it seems that MR can't even give us the little moments of comfort, the small things that show us that, despite everythign else going on, Edward & Bella love each other and are a solid unit. In the book, this conversation happens while Bella is in Edward's arms. They are TOGETHER and facing this as a couple. Not standing on separate ends of a room with 5 people and a million miles between them while they both look scared and terrified and one of them downright in pain (wanna guess which one?).

Second, contrary to what MR would like us to apparently believe, it is Jacob who suggests Bella go to LaPush and Bella resists the idea, knowing it would upset Edward. You see, in the book, she actually LOVES him and cares about his feelings.

This just keeps getting worse and worse. How is it possible that we don't see those key moments that make them what they are??? I mean, is it too much to ask that the beautiful love story told in the novels actually, at some point, makes an appearance. I would really like to see Edward & Bella in love. I mean, that is what The Saga is about, right? Maybe Rob was right. This is becoming a horror film.
C-Dubs is TwitterRoyalty
MiVidaLoca
Learning to Love Green

Post by MiVidaLoca »

Jazz I want to ask you something but I don't know how to do the code type LOL. This clip just ran "cold" for me too, I just watched it a few minutes ago and sighed. My husband was like "what" and I was like, nothing. That was one of my biggest problems with the first, well one of a 100, just didn't seem like some strong connection. More like HS crush. I feel also that Bella's character is much different on screen than in the books.
Jazz Girl

Post by Jazz Girl »

MiVidaLoca wrote:Jazz I want to ask you something but I don't know how to do the code type LOL. This clip just ran "cold" for me too, I just watched it a few minutes ago and sighed. My husband was like "what" and I was like, nothing. That was one of my biggest problems with the first, well one of a 100, just didn't seem like some strong connection. More like HS crush. I feel also that Bella's character is much different on screen than in the books.
Agian, for me, it's a script issue. The one thing I saw in Twilight was the connection between Bella & Edward, Some people didn't see it, but it was there for me. You can sense it. You can see it in the small things, the touches and the looks. If you watch people, those are the things that tell you who's a coupe and who isn't. I don't need to see a couple making out on the sidewalk to know they are together. But, if I see them hold hands, if I see them look at each other a certain way, THAT is what tells me they are truly in love.

But, in NM, and now apparently in EC, what is missing is those little things. Not the big moments that everyone is talking about... not Bella mourning Edward or saving his worthless hide, not the leg hitch or the marriage proposal or the compromise. But, Edward holding Bella close, despite his raging thurst, Bella seeking comfort in Edward's arms, Edward & Bella TOGETHER facing things. 75% of communication is nonverbal. Those are the things we look to to fill in the relationships and the gray areas of spoken language and action. And, that's what is missing in these scenes.
C-Dubs is TwitterRoyalty
MiVidaLoca
Learning to Love Green

Post by MiVidaLoca »

Jazz Girl wrote:
MiVidaLoca wrote:Jazz I want to ask you something but I don't know how to do the code type LOL. This clip just ran "cold" for me too, I just watched it a few minutes ago and sighed. My husband was like "what" and I was like, nothing. That was one of my biggest problems with the first, well one of a 100, just didn't seem like some strong connection. More like HS crush. I feel also that Bella's character is much different on screen than in the books.
Agian, for me, it's a script issue. The one thing I saw in Twilight was the connection between Bella & Edward, Some people didn't see it, but it was there for me. You can sense it. You can see it in the small things, the touches and the looks. If you watch people, those are the things that tell you who's a coupe and who isn't. I don't need to see a couple making out on the sidewalk to know they are together. But, if I see them hold hands, if I see them look at each other a certain way, THAT is what tells me they are truly in love.

But, in NM, and now apparently in EC, what is missing is those little things. Not the big moments that everyone is talking about... not Bella mourning Edward or saving his worthless hide, not the leg hitch or the marriage proposal or the compromise. But, Edward holding Bella close, despite his raging thurst, Bella seeking comfort in Edward's arms, Edward & Bella TOGETHER facing things. 75% of communication is nonverbal. Those are the things we look to to fill in the relationships and the gray areas of spoken language and action. And, that's what is missing in these scenes.
I know how to tell a couple is together and what couples seem to be in love without having to see them making out. I am very aware of how body language works. That said, I still didn't see it in the first. I didn't feel the connection like I did reading the books. I actually felt it a little more in NM in the scenes they had together. But overall I feel it has lacked a lot all together and so far in what I have seen of the previews for Eclipse. The emotions that is. I see/feel a stronger sense of love in Carlisle and Esme on screen and it has nothing to do with them making out.