Discussion of The Twilight Saga: Eclipse

Moderator: bac

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
JordanfromNZ
Settled in Forks

Re: Worried about Eclipse?

Post by JordanfromNZ »

This really is a great debate. I do look forward to seeing how MR has portrayed Jacob in Eclipse. Of course, as a guy, I'm looking forward to the fight scene, but that really isn't just what Eclipse is about. Fight aside, I would almost say Eclipse is the most emotional of all the books. Of course, this is simply my opinion.

All worries aside, I'm just keen to wait for the movie and enjoy it now. =)
Edwards Ragazza
Officially Bitten!

Post by Edwards Ragazza »

Banner by TammyAZ
marielle
Cliff Diving with Embry

Post by marielle »

God! Desiree you are right, that looks aweful.....they did a much better job with it in New Moon....I wonder how Jaspers scars will look like....they better not screw it up......
JordanfromNZ wrote:I do look forward to seeing how MR has portrayed Jacob in Eclipse
Me not, because based on New Moon Jacob will be portrait as the good loving guy and not the annoying obnoxious guy he actually is to Bella...... the only thing Jacob does right is in the end he recognize defeat and let her be....for about two months and disturb her wedding....
I think MR, has Jacob idolized a bit to much.....
These violent delights, have violent endings...Like fire and gunpowder, they consume what they kiss

Respect Team Robsten, Proud addict of the halfway house
Edwards Ragazza
Officially Bitten!

Post by Edwards Ragazza »

marielle wrote:
God! Desiree you are right, that looks aweful.....they did a much better job with it in New Moon....I wonder how Jaspers scars will look like....they better not screw it up......
Marielle~ I liked it to how they did it in NM. Very settle .
Banner by TammyAZ
bored by the sea
Hanging Up on Jessica
Location: United Kingdom where the weathers like Forks pretty much alll the time

Post by bored by the sea »

gah!! :o this looks hideous nothing like a vampire scar, i deffo agree with you all on it looking better in new moon, it actually looked like a scar then.

marielle totally agree that MR has made jacob into this bearable guy that he really isnt in the books, its annoying to say the least
"If your life was all you had to give your beloved, how could you not
give it? if it was someone you truly loved"- Breaking Dawn
**TEAM EDWARD**
MiVidaLoca
Learning to Love Green

Post by MiVidaLoca »

I have to say, I am really not happy with the newest clip of Eclipse shown on the MTV movie awards tonight. Looks like another scene is butchered. Bella would have never left on the motorcycle with Jacob leaving Edward there because she is mad like that. Sure when Edward was gone she did. But it wouldn't have happened the way it was shown in the clip. I almost thought the whole scene was a spoof joking around when they showed it.
Jazz Girl
Making beautiful music with Edward as only I can

Post by Jazz Girl »

MiVidaLoca wrote:I have to say, I am really not happy with the newest clip of Eclipse shown on the MTV movie awards tonight. Looks like another scene is butchered. Bella would have never left on the motorcycle with Jacob leaving Edward there because she is mad like that. Sure when Edward was gone she did. But it wouldn't have happened the way it was shown in the clip. I almost thought the whole scene was a spoof joking around when they showed it.
MVL~ I actually figured out the sequencing of this a while ago, based on pictures from the set. But, it was seriously heartbreaking to see the final product. I'm completely with you. Bella would NEVER EVER turn her back on Edward and leave with Jacob. Further proof that MR completely missed the boat on the whole dynamic between them. I'm really really sad about this.

But, another layer... this is also the scene where Jacob vindictively tortures Edward with visions of BrokenBella. Looks like they conveniently left that part out, too. Which for me is almost worse. My biggest fear about Eclipse has been how they paint Jacob and his relationship with Bella and with Edward. One of the key things that that scene did in the book was establish Jacob's capability to just be manipulative and vindictive and hurtful, showing that he's not so much the poor hurt boy who wants to help Bella. He even says he won't promise not to do it again because it was FUN!!! But, it also established a certain deeper devotion between Bella & Edward. We see her ardently defend him without knowing anything that is happening other than he is hurting. And, we see him endure silently, suffering pain we only see one other time, because he knows he deserves it. Leaving that out is just downright WRONG!
“Directing 7 Cullens at once=herding cats" :ROTFLMAO:
C-Dubs is TwitterRoyalty
Turning Page is Gospel~Ashley=MiniMe~HHBS
GrayceM
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by GrayceM »

I am also a little more than worried about this clip and how they fit it into the story line.
I guess how I can see that they might change some of this so that Edward doesn't seem like the overprotective stalker that I've heard him described as. Since so much of the emotion has been left out of the movies, there's no way to bring it all together to show in Eclipse. If they showed the discussion Edward has with Bella about her hanging around with werewolves, think how it would look to the "outside" world. To those who don't understand that Edward is not trying to control her every move, but only to protect her from something he knows to be dangerous.
But then...how will they show that Edward realizes that he was wrong to try to keep her from this, especially when she puts herself in jeopardy to be with Jacob. One of the most touching scenes in the books is Edwards return from hunting and "making up" with Bella for having her kidnapped. How will they ever show that with changes they have made to the scenes and the characters themselves...? :cry:

I'm not going to like this, unless they do as they did with New Moon. Some of the clips that were shown in previews and trailers weren't actually in the movie. They were extended scenes or deleted scenes. Maybe there's still hope...?
Grayce
Jazz Girl
Making beautiful music with Edward as only I can

Post by Jazz Girl »

GrayceM~ I'm holding on to hope and faith, but by the slimmest of threads. We're so close to the opening that I think what we are getting has to be the final product. I mean, DS has been tweeting like mad that he's producing the final prints to send to theaters. So what would they change. We know they shot the truck scene, so we know they show Edward at his worst, most desperate to keep her away from the wolves. But, if they didn't include Jacob's mental torture of Edward, what else did they leave out? I guess all we can do now is wait and pray.
“Directing 7 Cullens at once=herding cats" :ROTFLMAO:
C-Dubs is TwitterRoyalty
Turning Page is Gospel~Ashley=MiniMe~HHBS
MiVidaLoca
Learning to Love Green

Post by MiVidaLoca »

Jazz Girl wrote:
MiVidaLoca wrote:I have to say, I am really not happy with the newest clip of Eclipse shown on the MTV movie awards tonight. Looks like another scene is butchered. Bella would have never left on the motorcycle with Jacob leaving Edward there because she is mad like that. Sure when Edward was gone she did. But it wouldn't have happened the way it was shown in the clip. I almost thought the whole scene was a spoof joking around when they showed it.
MVL~ I actually figured out the sequencing of this a while ago, based on pictures from the set. But, it was seriously heartbreaking to see the final product. I'm completely with you. Bella would NEVER EVER turn her back on Edward and leave with Jacob. Further proof that MR completely missed the boat on the whole dynamic between them. I'm really really sad about this.

But, another layer... this is also the scene where Jacob vindictively tortures Edward with visions of BrokenBella. Looks like they conveniently left that part out, too. Which for me is almost worse. My biggest fear about Eclipse has been how they paint Jacob and his relationship with Bella and with Edward. One of the key things that that scene did in the book was establish Jacob's capability to just be manipulative and vindictive and hurtful, showing that he's not so much the poor hurt boy who wants to help Bella. He even says he won't promise not to do it again because it was FUN!!! But, it also established a certain deeper devotion between Bella & Edward. We see her ardently defend him without knowing anything that is happening other than he is hurting. And, we see him endure silently, suffering pain we only see one other time, because he knows he deserves it. Leaving that out is just downright WRONG!

I have to say, I haven't noticed the Jacob biasm (is that even a word LOL) in the other movies, but that one clip on MTV last night, I for sure was like, UMMMMMMM not cool, not how things would happen. I mean sure they have to change some things for time constraints of what not, I get that, but at least have it be something that would happen, and she would never leave Edward in anger to go off with Jacob, not while her and Edward were physically together and she wouldn't just be ok with Jacob taunting Edward, I mean just telling him, stop grinning Jacob we are only talking. It just wouldn't happen.

I didn't like the confrontation scene about the kiss either. Bella didn't seem that mad, Jacob seemed very remorseful and Edward seemed like he couldn't control himself.

Maybe because this is my favorite book I am going to be more anal about what I see. But those 2 scenes have ticked me off.