Moderator: bac

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Bronze Haired Girl
Human History Archivist
Location: Driving through the Tennessee mountains with Emmett

Re: Worried about Eclipse?

Post by Bronze Haired Girl »

Stepping in with a friendly reminder. So far everyone is within the bounds of the rules, but be very careful. Specific questions are being raised now and it makes it very difficult for everyone to obey the rules. I think Essay33 did a very nice job in explaining that we don't need to worry too much. Don't stress yourself out over rumor and speculation. This is our 3rd go-round with worrying over the movie. But honestly, did the first 2 disappoint? They know the fans are the driving force behind the success of these movies and my experience with Stephenie tells me that if she has any say in the direction of the movie (and it appears she does, just as she did in the first two) she will not let it be butchered; she will keep it true to the books.
Banner by urcoolcarrie
Essay33
Wandering Through Town

Post by Essay33 »

Bronze Haired Girl wrote:... be very careful. Specific questions are being raised now and it makes it very difficult for everyone to obey the rules. I think Essay33 did a very nice job in explaining that we don't need to worry too much.
Thank you, BHG. I don't want to cross the line.
They know the fans are the driving force behind the success of these movies and my experience with Stephenie tells me that if she has any say in the direction of the movie (and it appears she does, just as she did in the first two) she will not let it be butchered; she will keep it true to the books.
Yes. That.
"Where I am not understood, it shall be concluded that something very useful and profound is couched underneath." --Jonathan Swift, A Tale of a Tub
lady4string

Post by lady4string »

Does anyone want to see Eclipse? http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20100115/wl ... psescience

Sorry. Don't slap me, but I couldn't help myself. ;)
TammyAZ
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by TammyAZ »

OK I just read this on MSN and I'm not sure I like the implications that DS is "trying to make a horror film" out of Eclipse.

http://paralleluniverse.msn.com/across- ... photoidx=5

I really hope that isn't where this movoe goes, it would just be too disappointing.

"You will always be the most beautiful thing in my world" ~~Edward Cullen
Banner by me :)
DramaPrincezz013
Wrestling With Emmett
Location: Bouncing back and forth between Forks and Mystic Falls

Post by DramaPrincezz013 »

Ehh, don't worry about it. It looks like a crap poorly-researched article.
The ListV2~Apple::::Mafia~Eva DiMarco::::On bunches of teams!
"You're the closest to heaven that I'll ever be, and I don't wanna go home right now." </3
Essay33
Wandering Through Town

Post by Essay33 »

...eight months after "New Moon" dragged its sorry carcass into theaters...
That right there in the very first paragraph of the article tells you it was written by someone who obviously hates anything to do with Twilight. Someone forced him to do a writeup anyway, and this is the result. Ignore it.
"Where I am not understood, it shall be concluded that something very useful and profound is couched underneath." --Jonathan Swift, A Tale of a Tub
pennybug84
Protector of Jacob's Honor

Post by pennybug84 »

TammyAZ wrote:OK I just read this on MSN and I'm not sure I like the implications that DS is "trying to make a horror film" out of Eclipse.

http://paralleluniverse.msn.com/across- ... photoidx=5

I really hope that isn't where this movoe goes, it would just be too disappointing.
I remember reading something awhile back (sorry I don't have a refernce for it) where I think it was the producer was talking about why there are different directors for the different books & when he said the reason they brought DS along is because Eclipse is a darker book mixed in w/the romance & apparantly he can do that & did it with one of his earlier movies (don't remember which one I havent' seen any of his movies.) I wish I could remember where I read it. So I'm hoping he does a good job of mixing the romance, action & whatever dark parts that are in it. (I honestly don't really understand why they think Eclipse is a dark book. I guess becuase of the people being killed in Seattle & we know about that before they figure out it's Victoria & a newborn army?)
"She doesn't know what she wants" - Jacob Black "Yeah she does!" - Rob Pattinson
DramaPrincezz013
Wrestling With Emmett

Eclipse is a dark book as far as the newborn army/Victoria stuff (which is pretty dark when you consider detatched vamp body parts flying everywhere), but also it has to do with Bella's turmoil and the ultimate decision of life (Jake) and death (Edward). Bella goes through a ton of pain and confusion in this book--almost as much as New Moon. Then there is also Rosalie's and Jasper's pasts that are going to be told, which have depressing themes. I think Eclipse is going to be a step up as far as the darkness and the mature themes and situations. Now I haven't seen any of David Slade's movies either, but this is probobly why they brought him in.
"You're the closest to heaven that I'll ever be, and I don't wanna go home right now." </3
Jazz Girl
Making beautiful music with Edward as only I can

Post by Jazz Girl »

But,regardless, the book still centers around the love story of Edward and Bella. That is ALWAYS at the center. Or at least, it should be. And that's the part that's worrisome.
“Directing 7 Cullens at once=herding cats" :ROTFLMAO:
C-Dubs is TwitterRoyalty
Turning Page is Gospel~Ashley=MiniMe~HHBS
DramaPrincezz013
Wrestling With Emmett

The Saga centers around Edward and Bella. Eclipse centers around the love triangle, Bella trying to find a balance between Edward and Jake, realizing she loves Jacob, but ultimately picking Edward.

But yeah, I know. I'm every bit as worried about what David Slade is doing with this movie as you are. :?