Discussion of The Twilight Saga: Eclipse

Moderator: bac

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Jazz Girl
Making beautiful music with Edward as only I can

Re: Worried about Eclipse?

Post by Jazz Girl »

As it always should, it ALWAYS comes back to ----please reference JG's avatar---> Eclipse is the novel during which the love between Edward & Bella is tested and comes out so much stronger on the other side. It MUST be centered and anchored by THEIR love story. If we can watch it and always keep coming back to THAT as the touchstone, then I'm happy with it. Yes there's action. Yes there's a vampire army. Yes there is a rival for Bella's affections. But, NEVER EVER EVER should I look at a scene in this movie and ever question that it is about Edward & Bella's love story. To me, that was always the focus of the book. Even at the darkest moment, that moment when Bella asks Jake to *coughchokevomit* kiss her... you can still feel, in the dialogue, in the tenor and tone and in the focus, that it doesn't matter. THAT is what the movie has to show me.
“Directing 7 Cullens at once=herding cats" :ROTFLMAO:
C-Dubs is TwitterRoyalty
Turning Page is Gospel~Ashley=MiniMe~HHBS
DramaPrincezz013
Wrestling With Emmett
Location: Bouncing back and forth between Forks and Mystic Falls

Post by DramaPrincezz013 »

What I find hilarious and frustraiting is that we're all going around in circles, saying the same things over and over again, and this is going to continue until the movie comes out. :roll: Whyyyyy does June have to be so far away??
The ListV2~Apple::::Mafia~Eva DiMarco::::On bunches of teams!
"You're the closest to heaven that I'll ever be, and I don't wanna go home right now." </3
Total Twilight Fan
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by Total Twilight Fan »

DramaPrincezz013 wrote:What I find hilarious and frustraiting is that we're all going around in circles, saying the same things over and over again, and this is going to continue until the movie comes out. :roll: Whyyyyy does June have to be so far away??
Trailer on Friday though! I cannot wait for that, depends though when it comes out in the US, if its night, then UK wont get it until Saturday morning.
::Team Jasper & Paul::
Sometimes life brings miracles, it brought me Twilight.
DramaPrincezz013
Wrestling With Emmett
Location: Bouncing back and forth between Forks and Mystic Falls

Post by DramaPrincezz013 »

It may be sooner than Friday, actually. =) I remember Summit mentioning that we would get the chance to see it earlier in the week before Remember Me came out. It could premier any day now..
The ListV2~Apple::::Mafia~Eva DiMarco::::On bunches of teams!
"You're the closest to heaven that I'll ever be, and I don't wanna go home right now." </3
Total Twilight Fan
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

DramaPrincezz013 wrote:It may be sooner than Friday, actually. =) I remember Summit mentioning that we would get the chance to see it earlier in the week before Remember Me came out. It could premier any day now..
Your right, there is a ten second teaser coming out today! At 9 US time, so i dont know what that is for the UK.
TopazLove
Learning to Love Green

Post by TopazLove »

I am SICK and tired of shirtless Jacob saying all the most romantic lines in all the trailers!!! He was NOT like that in the books. Edward was always the one making us swoon! It looks like Eclipse is going to be another soapy Jacob fest. :cry: The full trailer better show us more of the Edward from the books.
despoina92
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by despoina92 »

It bugs me too that they put this Jacob quote in the preview -I mean, even though I'm Team Edward, I love this quote. Hope things get better tomorrow with the actual trailer. Though I quite liked this preview! There were the original quotes and all... Tomorrow can't seem soon enough!
marielle
Cliff Diving with Embry

Post by marielle »

OOH my.....
I can't wait to see what the trailer tomorrow will do.....
this waiting is getting me crazy....
These violent delights, have violent endings...Like fire and gunpowder, they consume what they kiss

Respect Team Robsten, Proud addict of the halfway house
Total Twilight Fan
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

despoina92 wrote:It bugs me too that they put this Jacob quote in the preview -I mean, even though I'm Team Edward, I love this quote. Hope things get better tomorrow with the actual trailer. Though I quite liked this preview! There were the original quotes and all... Tomorrow can't seem soon enough!
Yeah, i love the quote, but it shouldnt be in the teaser or the trailer.
Jazz Girl
Making beautiful music with Edward as only I can

Post by Jazz Girl »

The teaser, I think, served to try to allay all the fears that we had, ie showing us the relationship/romantic stuff is featured to show that it isn't all about the battles and action. I'm holding out for the full 90 seconds tomorrow.

As for Jacob's line, I'm kind of okay with it because I don't find it romantic at all. It's actually one of the lines that serves to remind me why exactly I despise much of Jacob's behavior.

We'll see...that's my line at the moment.
“Directing 7 Cullens at once=herding cats" :ROTFLMAO:
C-Dubs is TwitterRoyalty
Turning Page is Gospel~Ashley=MiniMe~HHBS