Discussion of The Twilight Saga: Eclipse

Moderator: bac

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
HarryTuttle
I'm A Proud Twilight Guy

Re: Eclipse director David Slade

Post by HarryTuttle »

Loved his Hard Candy and 30 Days of NIght, he's a talented director and should bring new life to the Twilight saga. It will be great to see a Twilight movie that guys can enjoy with hot female vampires that might be half naked, gory violence, action and war so that it will keep the guy haters shut their traps.
marielle
Cliff Diving with Embry

Post by marielle »

Dang...!!! after the premiere nobody has posted here...
that's so sad...

I think we should make a testimony to the work DS has delivered....because Eclipse was brilliant...

yes I agree that there were a lot of things missing, and they made 2 really big mistakes in the script but all in all it was the best so far...
the coloring was right...the scenes were set up perfectly...
we got a bit of everything.....

so 10 points for Slade...
These violent delights, have violent endings...Like fire and gunpowder, they consume what they kiss

Respect Team Robsten, Proud addict of the halfway house
bored by the sea
Hanging Up on Jessica
Location: United Kingdom where the weathers like Forks pretty much alll the time

Post by bored by the sea »

**hangs head in shame*********** :lol: in all honesty i totally forgot to post in here as i was to busy spazzing about the awesome job he'd done here there and everywhere else ha ha. he totally did my favourite book and justice, i tip my hat to you Mr Slade :D (and i met him at the u.k. prem and he was really sweet and hillairous, so i heart him a little more as a person now too ) lol
i agree Marielle with the ten points!
"If your life was all you had to give your beloved, how could you not
give it? if it was someone you truly loved"- Breaking Dawn
**TEAM EDWARD**
Tornado
Member: LaPush Cliff Diving Team

Post by Tornado »

I felt Slade failed abjectly with the movie as a whole (apart from the fighting and the scenes with the newborns) and most importantly he failed with the romantic scenes. They reeked of fatigue and over zealous attempts to please everyone by getting every little bit in, which unfortunately meant that the chemistry that is so important to these scenes was trampled into the ground. They strained out a lot of gnats only to swallow a camel instead.