Discussion of The Twilight Saga: Eclipse

Moderator: bac

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
pennybug84
Protector of Jacob's Honor

Re: Eclipse director David Slade

Post by pennybug84 »

After seeing NM CW has set the bar really high. NM was more faithful to the book than Twilight was, the emotions were there, and the special effects were a lot better. Having not seen any of his other movies I just REALLY hope that DS can get the emotion that is in Eclipse and not just focus on the newborn battle. There are a lot of other really important scenes/chapters in the book that needs to be focused on as well. CW surprised me (in a good way) with what he did w/NM and I hope that DS will do the same with Eclipse.
"She doesn't know what she wants" - Jacob Black "Yeah she does!" - Rob Pattinson
swedishskinjer
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by swedishskinjer »

pennybug84 wrote:After seeing NM CW has set the bar really high. NM was more faithful to the book than Twilight was, the emotions were there, and the special effects were a lot better. Having not seen any of his other movies I just REALLY hope that DS can get the emotion that is in Eclipse and not just focus on the newborn battle. There are a lot of other really important scenes/chapters in the book that needs to be focused on as well. CW surprised me (in a good way) with what he did w/NM and I hope that DS will do the same with Eclipse.
I'd recommend watching Hard Candy and 30 Days of Night for a fair look at David Slade's style.
edwardsluv
Wandering Through Town

Post by edwardsluv »

This is from David Slade's twitter page and it gives me hope
As we cut. Edward seems to be a really strong presence, the intensity of the love story & rivalry between Jacob is in the driving seat.
marielle
Cliff Diving with Embry

Post by marielle »

^^ yeah I read his tweets...
I hope he will keep on that track, I can't stand another movie with thousands of girls droowling over the dogs abs... * shudders*

I don't know slades work, but I hate it that he mostly talk about the fight scene.... It's a love story for crying out loud....
These violent delights, have violent endings...Like fire and gunpowder, they consume what they kiss

Respect Team Robsten, Proud addict of the halfway house
Phena
Settled in Forks

Post by Phena »

I can only hope that DS will bring out the love story in this movie, I love this book and what it does for Bella and Edward's relationship and I hope it is more of the main focus, but he can only do so much with the script so I am banking on the script writers to give him something good to work with.
Timothy
Learning to Love Green

Post by Timothy »

I'm a big fan of Slade's work on 30 Days of Night. He seems to favor a more hand-held style. The action sequences in the movie were intense. I can understand some reservations for the more emotional and romantic scenes that Eclipse will have. While 30DoN didn't have any real intense romantic scenes. The more emotional scenes were handled nicely IMO. I think he will do just fine. Of course, after seeing the trailer it will help to decide if he was up to the task.

Death is peaceful, easy. Life is harder.
Drunkster
Settled in Forks

Post by Drunkster »

I also think Eclipse and BD will be the most challenging movies for director (of Saga), I hope David will nail it!
danii_damages
Jump Starting Bella's Truck
Location: the edge of humanity, because i'm just that awesome.

Post by danii_damages »

I really hope he does a better job than the person who directed the first two! I really did not like the movie adaptations. They let The Twilight Saga down. No offence meant to anyone, thats just my opinion.

Sparky.
x

[ Post made via Mobile Device ]
bored by the sea
Hanging Up on Jessica
Location: United Kingdom where the weathers like Forks pretty much alll the time

Post by bored by the sea »

im hopeful david slade can pull it off, he seems like a cool guy he's keeping us updated alot much like chris weitz did with nm and he also seems concerned with what us the fans think and thats a good thing it worked for chris so hopefully it'll work for david. ive seen Hard Candy but thats a completely different kind of movie altho i guess ive got an idea of his work, i recorded 30 days of night so i really need to watch that, but from what ive seen and heard so far im incredibly excited, it is my favourite book though so lets just hope i haven't set my hopes waaaayyyyy to high :lol:
"If your life was all you had to give your beloved, how could you not
give it? if it was someone you truly loved"- Breaking Dawn
**TEAM EDWARD**
Jestak
Wrestling With Emmett

Post by Jestak »

Timothy wrote:I'm a big fan of Slade's work on 30 Days of Night. He seems to favor a more hand-held style. The action sequences in the movie were intense. I can understand some reservations for the more emotional and romantic scenes that Eclipse will have. While 30DoN didn't have any real intense romantic scenes. The more emotional scenes were handled nicely IMO. I think he will do just fine. Of course, after seeing the trailer it will help to decide if he was up to the task.
This is good to know; sometimes when a hot indie-style director tries to transition to make an action picture they don't do very well (see Forster, Marc) While the big fight with the newborn takes place "offscreen" in the book, in film the rule is "show, don't tell," so it's pretty much a given that we'll see some of the action onscreen in the film.

I feel positive about David Slade, after watching Hard Candy the other night, because it is very clear from the finished product that he had a good rapport with Ellen Page while filming. That he's able to work well with young performers bodes well for Eclipse, as most of the key actors and actresses involved are under 25.
"May the hinges of friendship never rust, nor the wings of love lose a feather"--Scottish blessing