Discussion of The Twilight Saga: Eclipse

Moderator: bac

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Nena
Altering source code with Jasper

Eclipse director David Slade

Post by Nena »

Talk everything related to director David Slade.
switzgal
Acquiring a Taste for Mountain Lion

Re: Eclipse director David Slade

Post by switzgal »

To be honest, I haven't seen any of the movies he's directed. I hope ha can bring the teen angst, the struggle Bella has to confront between Edward and Jacob. The emotional scene in Bella's bedroom between Jacob and Bella when Bella tells him her decision has been made.

I also want the love triangle to be shown with great emotion from all the actors.

My concern is that David is more of an action type director and will concentrate on that aspect of Eclipse (while there's a lot of it with the newborns) to me Eclipse is the most intense of all the books because the love triangle gets heated, so I hope he will cover that aspect and truly stick to the book.
The Dark Knight
Touched By Cold Hands

Post by The Dark Knight »

It's early but I still have reservation to him making a love story...The underlying reason for the story...anyone else?

"Peaces is not the absence of war, but the presence of justice."
Dovrebanen
Red-Eyed Vampire

Post by Dovrebanen »

I haven't seen any of the movies he's directed either. But I agree with both DK and switzgal. I am a bit concerned that he will do great in making the fight scene and the newborns and all that, and that he'll spend too much time on it. Victoria is a threat throughout the book, but the fight scene is actually very short. So I hope he won't spend more time than necessary on that. I'm afraid that he won't be as good in the emotional scenes.

The emotional turmoil for Bella is the driving force in the story. It's seeing how she is confused, and is hurting both of the guys in the process. I am afraid that DS will leave out important emotional aspects to the story. That's what makes the story appeal to me, anyway.
Rob's Halfway House ~ Team Edward ~ Cullenist ~
Angelvamp
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by Angelvamp »

Creatively, I think he'll probably be able to handle it. I've seen 30 Days of Night and he did a wonderful job of keeping with the comic's color scheme, storyline and general creepiness. There are, of course, die hard fans of the comic that nit picked everything without giving the movie a fair shot (hmm, precursor to Eclipse perhaps?). The only concern I would have is that he seems so inexperienced and he's working on such a high profile film. I hope he doesn't compromise the story or his own creative vision over money and influence.
"Life is pain...anyone who tells you different is selling something."
The Dark Knight
Touched By Cold Hands

Angelvamp wrote:Creatively, I think he'll probably be able to handle it. I've seen 30 Days of Night and he did a wonderful job of keeping with the comic's color scheme, storyline and general creepiness. There are, of course, die hard fans of the comic that nit picked everything without giving the movie a fair shot (hmm, precursor to Eclipse perhaps?). The only concern I would have is that he seems so inexperienced and he's working on such a high profile film. I hope he doesn't compromise the story or his own creative vision over money and influence.

Yes it was a great flim, however the romance/love triangle must be maintained...How will he do with this? That's my only concern...

Angelvamp

Post by Angelvamp »

IMO, that issue is more in the hands of the actors than the director. We'll have to wait and see what the chemistry is like between Kristen & Taylor, we already know it works like a charm with her and Rob. I'm more interested in the tent scene between Rob & Taylor in Eclipse. :) But that will be with another director.
switzgal
Acquiring a Taste for Mountain Lion

Post by switzgal »

Angelvamp wrote:IMO, that issue is more in the hands of the actors than the director. We'll have to wait and see what the chemistry is like between Kristen & Taylor, we already know it works like a charm with her and Rob. I'm more interested in the tent scene between Rob & Taylor in Eclipse. :) But that will be with another director.
This is about Eclipse and David Slade. Tent scene is in Eclipse, as you've mentioned.
Angelvamp

Post by Angelvamp »

OMG, I'm so consumed with NM lust, I didn't even think about what I was saying... forgive me please?

*bats eyelashes*
The Dark Knight
Touched By Cold Hands

Angelvamp wrote:OMG, I'm so consumed with NM lust, I didn't even think about what I was saying... forgive me please?

*bats eyelashes*
Ok Break upt the wet noodles and the clown make-up... :o

Eclipes is way cooler book that NM