Discussion of The Twilight Saga: Eclipse

Moderator: bac

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
dandyvampgirl_13
So Jealous of Emily

Re: Official Eclipse Soundtrack

Post by dandyvampgirl_13 »

Currently listening to the album on the preview thingy.

LOVED the Metric song. It, like Neutron Star Collision, is so Eclipsey its almsot cheesy, but I love Metric. So it's okay.
The Bravery's song is very upbeat and disco-dancey, which I expect from them, and I enjoy it.
Looooove the Dead Weather song. I can hear the Jack White influences.
I must say, I adore the combination of Beck and Bat For Lashes. I've been listening to them for ages, and their song is eriee and cool and technoy and awesome all at once.
I commented on the leak post on the blog, but I love the Vampire Weekend song! Its weird, VW-ey, and I like the fade effect they have going on.
I sorta like Band of Horses. They have good songs and bad ones. This one's okay, but its so long, and I kinda think their songs all sound the same...
After Open Happiness, I know who Cee Lo is, and I love him. This is a fun song. :D
You know, I imagined Jake's Theme to be a little more... thundery (He's The Thunder, you know? Thanks, Dan Bergenstein), but I won't complain because Howard Shore is magical and it reminds me of... Frodo.
dazzel21
Red-Eyed Vampire

Post by dazzel21 »

I overslept, I wasn't able to finish listening to the preview. I hope it's still on tonight after I got home. But I love Muse of course, Vampire Weekend by Jonathan Low and All Yours by Metric...
"Because each and every one of us needs our own personal brand of heroine."
~Team Edward Forever~
Edwards Ragazza
Officially Bitten!

Post by Edwards Ragazza »

I would say I like maybe half of the soundtrack. Not sure if it will grow on me. I will have to see how it is in the movie. I may just buy a few songs from Itunes and save me the money.
Banner by TammyAZ
Jazz Girl
Making beautiful music with Edward as only I can

Post by Jazz Girl »

As far as song placement in the film, I was really disappointed that Heavy in your Arms isn't actually in the film. It is perfect for how Bella views herself in relation to Edward and the overall sound of the song is just amazing. Also, I really didn't like placing Let's Get Lost under Bella's attempt to see Jacob. That song is so much more Edward/Bella appropriate.

In the way way way win category, Neutron Star Collision under the grad party was great. And absolutely NOTHING beats My Love surrounding the proposal/leg hitch. Holy Christ on a cracker, that was perfection.
“Directing 7 Cullens at once=herding cats" :ROTFLMAO:
C-Dubs is TwitterRoyalty
Turning Page is Gospel~Ashley=MiniMe~HHBS
pennybug84
Protector of Jacob's Honor

Post by pennybug84 »

Jazz Girl wrote: Also, I really didn't like placing Let's Get Lost under Bella's attempt to see Jacob. That song is so much more Edward/Bella appropriate.
Agree 100%!!! I was disappointed/unhappy that was placed there. I had this vision in my head of it being played when Bella tries to seduce Edward. But the My Love worked there too.

Does anyone know when these songs are played? I can't remember for some & didn't remember hearing others:

Atlas, Chop & Change, Rolling in on a Burning Tire, With You in Myhead, A Million Miles An Hour, and What Part of Forever.
"She doesn't know what she wants" - Jacob Black "Yeah she does!" - Rob Pattinson
Jazz Girl

Post by Jazz Girl »

Penny~ Chop & Change is played at the very beginning, as Riley is walking out of the bar. Rolling on a Burning Tire only has that guitar lick played during one of the newborn chaos scenes. What Part of Forever is playing when Edward pulls up to the police station to drop Bella off. The others I'm not positive about. I need to see the movie a few more times to be able to place them in order.
C-Dubs is TwitterRoyalty
mamatolucas
Settled in Forks

Post by mamatolucas »

I logged on looking for this info... to the best of my knowledge (saw it 2x), this is the set list/ song order for the Eclipse soundtrack:

1. All Yours- End credits and also theme song for score (not checked, just sounds the same to me)
2. Love is Forever- Grad Party
3. Ours- Grad Party
4. Heavy in your arms- 2nd end credit song
5. My love- Bella's attempted seduction
6. Atlas- NOT SURE, but I think it may be after the Jonathan Low song (#10) after the bike escape. ???
7. Chop and Change- Riley under attack
8. Rolling in on a burning tire- Victoria/ Riley kissing?? Or newborn scene
9. Let's get lost- Bella calling Jacob/ LM/ reading note (I agree on the bad placement!)
10. Jonathan Low- Jacob/ Bella on bike
11. With you in my head- Cullens training w Jasper
12. A Million Miles an Hour- ??
13. Life on Earth- Bella/Edward on her bed talking about consequences of her choice
14. What part of forever- pulling up to police station??
15. Jacob's theme- Not sure... prob. played several times, lol.
pennybug84
Protector of Jacob's Honor

Post by pennybug84 »

^^^ Thanks for the info. I remembered some of them being played but couldn't remember what scene. I'll be seeing it again too. Hopefully I'll be able to get the others.
"She doesn't know what she wants" - Jacob Black "Yeah she does!" - Rob Pattinson
DramaPrincezz013
Wrestling With Emmett
Location: Bouncing back and forth between Forks and Mystic Falls

Post by DramaPrincezz013 »

Did anyone else notice Clair de Lune playing when Bella enters the house right before the proposal scene? I'm not going to lie, I started internally sqeeing when I heard it. It was so perfect. <3
The ListV2~Apple::::Mafia~Eva DiMarco::::On bunches of teams!
"You're the closest to heaven that I'll ever be, and I don't wanna go home right now." </3
Jazz Girl

Post by Jazz Girl »

DramaPrincezz013 wrote:Did anyone else notice Clair de Lune playing when Bella enters the house right before the proposal scene? I'm not going to lie, I started internally sqeeing when I heard it. It was so perfect. <3

Absolutely!!! I literally melted. My hubs looked at me with a total WTH expression and I just had the goofiest grin on my face. I LOVED it!!! Seriously, it only would have been better if RobWard was playing himself.
C-Dubs is TwitterRoyalty